Rfactor 2 won't recognize my NVIDIA.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Alexxx0, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hello thank you for your answer. You think that even if it works in my other games, disable Intel HD graphics in BIOS can do the trick with rfactor2 ?
    I did plenty of Google searches, but I didn't find lots of things.
    I think the rfactor2.exe file is not detected anymore when launching the game.
    I've associated rfactor2.exe in Nvidia profile inspector as I can read hre and there but Nothing works so far.
    I try to disable Intel HD graphics in BIOS and tell you...

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Well, I wrote that at a time I didn´t knew that OP uses a laptop!
    Don´t know how it work´s out with laptops to be honest. Read here today in another thread that in this case it seems common
    that internal graphics are enabled. I think internal and dedicated graphics cards work together.
    In the other thread it was solved after installing Nvidia-driver again.....

3. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

So, I tried to disable internal graphic card, with no effect.
    For information for Asus UEFI bios, It's in Advanced Mode - Advanced-System Agent - Configuration-Graphics - Config-Primary display and set to "PCIe" that force using external graphic card only.
    As for Nvidia drivers, I've tried to make several clean installations without success, the same for the game itseflt.
    Anyway, thanks again for yours answers.
    (My pc specs are to date in my profile).

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

When there´s no effect then rF2 was recognizing the correct card.
    However, for a non laptop system I would always recommend to disable Intel HD graphics.
    (As far as I know there are also boards/applications that are able to combine the dedi card with the internal gfx unit, but I´m not familiar with it and I doubt that it brings much advantage in modern games.)

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi,
    Just to let you know that my 3d vision works again since last build (10/5/2017 : Build ID : 1813052)
    I think it's due to Full screen mode witch is working properly now.
    I spent hours looking for a solution and I did not know that the full screen mode was broken :confused:.

demerzel likes this.