rFactor 2 WIP Reflections Cockpit Screenshot

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 2, 2010.

1. afborro

afborro Registered

I like everything I see there, keep it going, nice atmosphere time of day and looks like the driver is having some animated fun on the steering wheel besides just steering it :)

Agreed, at least around the cockpit area, that said, it looks like the normal mapping has improved over rF1.
    My only coment would be regarding those groove lines that are there, make them nice and straight, they look a little wobbly, but may be I am just knitpicking, after all, it is GWIP, as some said :)

2. shum94

shum94 Registered

Unacceptable olala.

3. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

I smell a troll.:cool:

4. mcmoha

mcmoha Registered

Agree.

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Unfortunately you're going to have to accept you don't have the angle of preview shot you want yet.

We understand what you want, but it unfortunately it seems any understanding only goes one way: It's already been said that this is a cockpit shot. I'm pretty sure an out of cockpit shot will come soon, but couldn't be done at the same time (the nature of WIP work, some things added need other things to be updated before they work right, and when you update one thing sometimes that breaks something else until you update them - this is what you're seeing here, it's a development screenshot).

You're actually just going to have to be patient and wait for an out of cockpit shot which, like I said, should be along pretty soon. You cannot get everything you want, when you want, just like I can't get every preview screenshot or video I would want when I want it. That is life and it's absolutely software development too.

6. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

You have entirely too much patience.

The nature of wanting to sell a game I suppose but man alive.

7. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

I was wondering,
    if and how we can control the reflections,
    in terms of opacity, framerate and resolution.

Can you give some information on that yet?

PS
    also hope the selfshadow resolution can be customized.

8. DeDios

DeDios Registered

for me is the best preview screen. :) i love it!

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Do you ever have anything positive to say? Except the constant "this isn't good enough" "I can do better with my little finger" type posts? Just wondering.

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Why he should write any time "it's famous, superb etc" if he doesn't think so?

Personally I hate such enthusiastic comments especially if came from people who even don't know why it is good or not.
    If WIP pictures shouldn't be criticized in any way then thread should be closed. Maybe there will be opportunity to talk about final version issues - but there will be too late to fix things.

11. Uff

Uff Registered

It's not about that: it's about critics to aspects that are not relevant in this or that screenshot. Having to read "I hope the grass texture isn't final" when the screen is pointing out an experiment for real time reflection is quite lame, that's all.

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Not saying they shouldn't be. I'm just saying that constructive criticism isn't on show here, which would be more helpful than just berating the developers on their efforts, turning up their nose with a "high and mighty" attitude like they can do better but choose not to.

Does that make sense?

13. shum94

shum94 Registered

Olala someone not blinded by their fanboy minded attitude.

WIP is wip but in my mind it can be showed once texture are done. Not with placeholder. I dont mind no special fx... coz its wip and the engine hasnt fx yet.

Now re read my post because i did not bashed ISI work. I said what i liked/didnt liked.
    Again i'm very picky and i moan, ignore my posts. I'm posting at ISI staff not the community. I quiet dont care if Spacekid likes the preview (he always does), no offense.

I will say thanks to ISI when the game is out and will be intrested to react share medias/opinions with the community (6e66o, stabiz & modders etc...) once we will have rFactor 2.

PS : I'm half French, it might help you to know that i am french.

14. Michael Juliano

Michael Juliano Track Team

Shum, your opinion has been noted many times, and we take it as your opinion, and thank you for it. We choose to show WIP in any state because we have community members that want to see what we're up to and don't mind that it may not be perfect or final. Honestly, we have more fans asking us for shots and movies than we have people asking us not to, so we will continue.

Like it or leave it, but that's just the way it is. Cheers... :)

That said, telling people what they lick or kiss will not be tolerated here--that is NOT constructive in any sense of the word and has NOTHING to do with the current topic. Finally, as you have a right to voice your views on what you consider WIP, others are allowed the opinions that they like what we're showing. I'm not sure if that makes them "fanboys" or whatever; I'd like to think they're just being appreciative...

15. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

Well said, Scott.

16. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

You're such a fanboy Scott ;)

17. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Good stuff. But instead of WIP shots you should finish the game.. Release it.. beta test and patch it for a while then time travel back to today and post proper screens. That is the only way to do it right apparently.

18. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Lack of smileys=no sarcasm. That is a bit backwards. I think beta comes before release. And if you take the time to get it right on the first pass, there is no need for patching. I believe that workflow is far more efficient. I can wait until it is ready.

19. jayb

jayb Registered

Surely smileys were not needed.:)

Either way, surely it would be better to time travel into the future and get a copy of Rfactor 10 and use that instead?

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I don't sarcast by those rules fool.
    Nonsense. If it takes as long between each iteration of rFactor as it did from 1 until 2 then by 10 cars will have been abolished and only Nitrogen powered flying jet sleds will be involved in racing. It is after all our exalted leader and dark lord Cthulhu LOVES NFJS Racing and ONLY nfjs.. all hail Cthulhu.