Rfactor 2 vs Iracing vs CARS- a newbs perspective

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by rss334, Aug 13, 2012.

1. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

hahahahahaha, ok dude, like whatever.

2. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

So you have tried pcars, have you?

3. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I own the 3 of them too and currently I'm only racing rFactor 2. Even if there are still some problems (it's in beta isn't it!), but the FFB and the realism I get from rFactor 2 is amazing. IMHO, only nKpro can be compared to rFactor 2 when it comes to physics.

iRacing is not that bad at all (apart from the high price!!!) Graphics are good and physics are not bad, but I don't think they are as realistic as rF2 and nKpro. I hate the points system because if I try to push the car to the limit and make a few tiny mistakes you loose lots of points. And I hate that. You cannot push hard without making mistakes....unless you are a pro!...which I am not. The reason I am not playing iRacing? For some reason I can't get up to speed with those guys! I'm like 3 to 4 seconds slower which is a joke. Usually I am 1 to 1.5 seconds slow from the aliens in other sims. Maybe the type of cars in iRacing are not my style or maybe it's something else. Maybe I just can't get it's physics. I don't think I'll renew my subscription for next year unless some cars my style are added. They should also create sessions for nobs like me, as many drivers there I think are pros and very fast, which makes it frustrating for me and not fun.

pCars. Nice graphics, FFB and realism are a joke. I only check it once a week to see the updates, try them and that is it. For now, it was waste of money. Hopefully physics will get better. Also without multiplayer which is crap, AI are freken crazy and maniacs!

Waiting for Asetto Corsa, I guess it will be good too, I hope! And I will surely stick to rFactor 2, for me, there is great future here and can't wait for Gold, more tracks and cars :)

Cheers

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, it's getting there, but physics don't feel very good! Also, no multiplayer and AI are crazy (I know you can set them but still crazy, hehe)

So, don't agree with ye mate.

5. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

There, I fixed that for you :D

But seriously why would you say that it is the best? Arguments please.

6. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Thats cool man. What sort of wheel are you using, I'm curious. Maybe its that?

@ Abriel. Not only me but now 4 people in total have tried both rf2 and pcars on my race Sim setup. All 4 of us like pcars more. Its not just the graphics. We feel pcars acts more like the real thing. Simple.
    I have had about 12 or more people in total try rf2 on my setup. They don't like rf2 much at all even though it is a very very good Sim. They like Race injection more. The love the Subaru wrx mod and the NZ V8's a lot more than any thing i have made them try in rf2 sorry. When i tried the Clio in rf2 I fell in love. I'm still in love with it and would consider buying one if I ever needed a cheap little car that goes good. Same with the Megane. Love it. Love most of the cars in rf2 and know they are not finished yet.
    I also know there are a lot of things not finished yet in both Sims. But at this point, for value for your dollar, realistic both in physics and graphics, pcars is ahead at this point.

Here's something I suspect, Some people have made a choice on what sim they are going to go with. Its not a choice many of us make quickly. We read what other have to say. We look at the facts behind the history of the developers. we look at as many things as we can think of before we decide what Sim to use. When you look at the history of the developers, we have ISI on one hand. The people that brought us rfactor. One of the best Sims ever made. It stood up to time well IMO.
    Then we have the Slightly mad crew. They did other titles too but i would NOT call them Sims in ANY stretch of the imagination.
    I wouldn't buy any need for speed or shift title if you held a 50 cal at my head. i hate them.
    But pcars, is not an EA game. Its being developed by the people who buy it. I suspect they have more staff than ISI too by the amount of work they seem to achieve.

Hardware may be the difference why some who have tried it may not like it.
    I like rf2 a very close second. Remember, the race for the best race Sim has really only began to heat up. Its far from over.
    All the best to them ALL.

7. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

If this is still your priority list pCARS could be your #1 in some time. They are improving, although not as much as I expected.
    Steering lag is almost completely gone, FFB got a little better, but that's it. Graphics are excellent of course, sounds are also decent. You name "fun factor" the second, well to be honest I think that people cannot give you hints which one of those three will please you more, it's a matter of taste after all. And that's the most important point here. Noone can tell you which one's the most suitable for you except for yourself. Since you own all three titles, the choice is yours.

iRacing's subscription model...
    Well to be honest, it's too expensive. Not that I can't afford it, but in my opinion it just doesn't deliver for its pricing. And the money doesn't keep bad drivers away either. Overall it's a great sim driving-wise with excellent tracks and textures, but I think you can get better competition in easier to administrate leagues with rFactor or titles by SimBin. Don't get me wrong, iRacing is an amazing sim, but it simply isn't for me for said reasons.

rFactor 2 slowly shows it's potential. It probably won't be a beautiful swan, but once the visual bugs are addressed, it can look quite decent. Take feels3's Croft for example. Very nice texture work, colors and lighting. Even though I think the layout isn't really a challenge, its looks definitely show what's possible in an engine which is still in development. And after all, the "fun factor" for me is the highest in rFactor 2 after all, because I feel pretty pleased by the raw physics, input and feedback. They are excellent.

This Thursday I'll try to get a glimpse on Assetto Corsa and test it a little. Because I own netKar Pro, I also have kinda high expectations on AC when it comes to delivering a hardcore sim.

8. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hmmm, interesting. I am using the G25. You got me thinking now. Maybe I have the wrong wheel/FBB settings in pCars? If they are wrong, it will surely not feel right. Is it possible that you share your wheel/FBB settings for pCars? Maybe I could be wrong and with the right settings pCars will feel better. I agree that graphics in pCars are amazing. If I get the physics thing working, it will be great.

Clio in rFactor 2 is awesome IMHO. Only few other cars in other sims come close to this IMHO.

At the end of the day, I will always have/play/race both sims :)

Cheers

9. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

Problem is... well, its not a problem but well..

In my opinion, rF2 comes in dead last in the graphics department when is compared with the direct competitors.

I have all 3 (4, if we count rF1 ), and... ISI have to offer me a AMAZING physics, AMAZING ffb and other AMAZING things, IF the graphics remains the same.

when i do a lap in Barcelona 9am in pCARS maxed out, a perfectly adjusted G27 and no aids, is very difficult to "look" at rF2. Physics in pCARS is.... "easier", when i say "easier" i dont say "arcade" since im not a real driver, i dont know how an F1 is at barcelona, but pCARS is.....i dont know the word, i spin when i want to, i lock when i want to, is easy to find the limits of the car.. i dont know if its realistic or not, but is really really good to drive, i dont know exactly how to describe the feeling.

Then i go to rf2 (also maxed) and... i dont know.

Im almost sure ISI will come with a GOLD sim and i will have it for sure, even if its not my ultimate sim, i will give my suppot to ISI and always will do, but sadly, on year 2012, people will buy what can be seen with his eyes, and if pCARS improves graphics and physics, i can´t see rF2 leading the sims race, unless ISI... u know.:D

Dont be agressive with me for this, i know this is rF2 forum and im not a fanboy (God, i dont like this word) and i know some isi member and its all fine, simply i try to enjoy sim racing, and i cant do with rF2 or pCARS, so iRacing now fills my needs and its the most balenced between the 2.

And sorry if i cant express my words correctly my English is not... very good.

My Opinion.:D

10. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Lucky you! :) Is it at GamesCom? Make sure you gives us a review then :)

1 person likes this.
  11. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Agree. I will always play them all too.
    All of my setting in pcars have not been touched. rf2 however, I have only turned up the graphics settings. :cool:
    I get about 40-50 fps in both with 12 AI.

12. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Thing is ALOT of people are blinded by pCARS graphics. Best thing i always say is replace pCARS visuals with the beta visuals of rf2 and is it really as good as you think it is, i beg to differ. Does it really immerse you in the game like the driving feel of rF2 does, again no it doesn't. Graphics can only hold my attention for so long personally before cracks begin appearing.

I think AC is gonna turn the sim world upside down as it looks visually like it can match pCARS, i would say it looks more realistic actually but it's gonna have the physics and FFB of a proper next gen simulation like rF2 has. I think you will see the pCARS bubble burst in no time, once they realise what good physics feel like. They don't know right now some of them as they are too obsessed with graphics to give rF2 a chance, but AC is looking great and so will interest them. I am really really excited for AC personally.

I am also excited of what is possible with rF2 visually. I don't care what anyone says, yes right now it's buggy as hell with graphics errors everywhere. But plenty of times rF2's visuals at certain moments have really impressed me. Yes only certain moments but that's enough for me to be confident in the future they will nail it. Car models are not the best right now, shaders and textures are not right now but that can all change aswell as the lighting, The F2 cars i am looking forward to now to see if the models are better.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Who cares which ones best?! They all have their strong and weak points, they all succeed and fail in areas, they all are available for us...the users....and that's the point: Choice...we have it in abundance!

Sure it would be fantastic to amalgamate them all into one amazing game but that's never gonna happen, so just be pleased with what we've got and what we've got coming...I know I am!

14. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Good post. You should check out pcars. I think you might be suprised.

15. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Sir, That is one of the best post's I have read on the subject.
    I'm with you. Enjoy them all. :D

16. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

17. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I already have, i was there from the start :) I wouldn't be commenting on it otherwise. Nothing more annoying than people passing judgements on stuff they have not tried.

18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I have tried and I wasn't surprised. Old good GTR have better FFB and physics than CARS.

Hey, but who cares which is the best...NFS, Test Drive, GT5, Forza, pCARS...Enjoy them all ! :cool::rolleyes:

19. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

I guess you don't know who FONismo is? ;)

I own pCars as well. I was almost immediately discouraged from playing it the moment I bought it as it felt "wrong" to me. I persisted for a few weeks before I stopped altogether a few months ago.

rF2 is not as visually stunning off the bat, but the moment I leave the pits in any car I am completely immersed and it's as if I don't even notice the graphics. That I know is something that lasts a hell of a lot longer than graphics. FYI, I'm a borderline graphics whore. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
  20. FONismo

FONismo Registered

He is a Psycho, satan and judas rolled into one.