rFactor 2 - Grand Prix Promo

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 14, 2011.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That won't be put together until during/towards the end of the beta, I believe.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

You can expect I will have a lot of feedback for you on visuals. That's just my domain, but right now I try not to bother you with this too much, since I believe you have more important things to do than chasing photorealism :)

You will get a lot of feedback from modders, league admins, from companies licensing rFactor2 and just from users.
    And then, somewhere in the middle of that there will be feedback from shader developers like me. There's only few of us so I just hope that "in all that chaos" we will be given some attention, too :)

3. thuGG

thuGG Registered

Well, so far all your feedback seems to be ignored, so I really doubt it will change.

4. shum94

shum94 Registered

You right the open beta has started already, and his future feedback is already ignored...

5. thuGG

thuGG Registered

I guess you have problems understanding what I wrote. Read my post a few times carefully, try to understand it, then make a comment.

6. 88mphTim

The open beta itself will be heavily related to the new modding system. That's really what we're doing it for... It's quite a radical change for the modders (and plugin makers) to work with. There's packaging and an update system for mods. Big step away from the confusing hunt for mod updates everyone faces with rF1.

Be interesting to hear your feedback though when you see the shaders in the open beta or the initial release. :)

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

we're using something very similar for our rF1 league at GRC and it works an absolute treat!

Also the re the "The open beta itself will be heavily related to the new modding system.", will invites be therefore just to current Mod teams and/or Modders? or will us regular folk have a chance too?

8. 88mphTim

It should work like an early purchase, which wouldn't stop anybody. Basically after the beta you'd just update to the initial release. I guess it's just important to note that the devs focus may be on modders initially as (at first) they'd be the reason for it.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I see thats cool, dont wanna miss out thats all :D