rFactor 2 - Grand Prix Promo

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 14, 2011.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yeah I think people will really understand (or at least, I hope they will) what work went into it. To build a tire model that should work the way it works with any modders work, to do the weather, the track surface and lines, the AI, the track model qualities and all the stuff that's been added is just huge. The pace of development is incredible and I know you don't see that... Hopefully you will when you see the product.

2. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

Tim,
    I think that many people have realized how much work was put into this project. And I believe that many
    People already smell that this sim is an absolute milestone
    in this decade will be. I think the great strength of
    RF2 is in the balance of properties.
    Some people complain about the preview videos or pictures. I can well understand that you do not show absolutely everything. So, I find it interesting how it turns out as full quality .. I think that developed here with love and enthusiasm is. Please carefully the good work.
    I can hardly wait.: Cool:

3. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

just after a good advertising and descriptions of many like me are afraid to be disappointed. And what a disappointment to be 100% ... for me in the dirty track and lateral g-forces of the tires.
    Therefore, we want more visual information, so if they say that everything's great. Experience, a very large advertising and ultimately empty.
    But I want to believe in rFactor2 that everything is fine and good.

4. Andreas67

Andreas67 Registered

First of you need a good foundation.
    One should think long term, a good basis can be extended.

5. dragon

dragon Registered

so it will be pretty pretty soon or pretty soon ? ;)

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

That's true, and exactly because of that it would be more useful any video showing one full lap from the cockpit view during some tough playing of position, for instance, to give us a perception about how it will be racing in RF2.

Even a car lapping alone in some circuit showing the driving action would be better.

Just constructive criticism.

7. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Some of us do. I've always admired artists for the amount of work they put into games. That's why I won't go complaining about polygon count or such. Some people do, but I agree their feedback is also important - it let's developers know how their product may be received by people with no insights into game development nor modding.

The only thing that I don't lke sometimes are little mistakes that ruin the big thing. I've just seen it happen too many times.
    The driver swap problem in rF1 is a good example.

That's why I think it's great that there will be open beta - community will be able to help polishing things up.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cool thanks

9. 88mphTim

Sigh. :)

Appreciate the post, and sentiment, I just wish a video could be received for what it is, rather than what it isn't. I'm not naive enough to make that mistake again, perhaps, and I'm sure a video of anything WIP as you're asking won't be taken as you think it would.

10. nuno_p

nuno_p Registered

And news about the beta?

11. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

...and features list?

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I think the problem is that too many people want to see something totally different each time a video is released (cant please everyone right?!), thus you get them bitching because they did'nt get what they want!
    Personally I'd love to see a video dedicated to the AI, others that would be bottom of their list, am I expecting to see such a video? hell no...I'm like the majority of people who are just happy to see new content in screens and videos, afterall I'm not paying ISI to release such stuff so personally I'm not expecting what I want to see everytime!!

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

Is there a 48% chance of a beta this month? :)

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Actually promo or emotional videos are welcome, of course. I liked the video, by the way. The track textures are brilliant, the effect of the car going through the tunnel is excellent.

I'm just saying that some more substantial about the driving felling would be more useful at this moment (october 2011 - 2 months at most to release, considering the staff's prediction are still valid).

15. EAO_BuckRat

EAO_BuckRat Registered

Yes.
    With a margin of error of approximately 208.31%

16. 88mphTim

sg333 is using the same percentage Gjon used of a release at some point, I think 2010? :) 48% being less than likely. ;)

17. EAO_BuckRat

EAO_BuckRat Registered

C'mon now, who wipped out there calculators?
    There's no shame in admitting it. :cool:

18. rer8

rer8 Registered

I am so ready for rFactor2. There are not enough superlatives to describe this most recent film. Great job! So when can we start?
    RR

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I would like to add that i am ready too. (just incase ISI was wondering)

20. 88mphTim

Yeah I am pretty excited about that process. It should be very interesting.

It should be noted, I guess, that our marketing efforts are going to be very little before, during and possibly right after the open beta. We're perfectly happy for word of mouth to sell to those it can before we spend any considerable amount of time (and money) trying to sell to those who cannot be reached by that method. There's absolutely no point in selling to someone who is already going to buy. So don't be too disappointed by marketing, we'll ramp things up when we want to. :)