rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stonec

stonec Registered

AF sharpens textures facing at angle so it will actually produce more edges in theory, but yeah it's broken in 930. No matter what AF setting is, result is same blurrish picture as you get with no AF. The clamp fix is no longer needed if you adjust "Texture Sharpening" to 0 in player.JSON. On newer ISI tracks you won't even need to change this parameter.

We will soon have opening race in FSR with about 100 racers in total over the weekend. So far 0 reports on our forums on any of these CPU issues, we'll see how it goes (not saying that this bug isn't real).

2. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Texture Sharpening is working fine,AF X16,track Silverstone v.1.35, driver GeForce 347.88 WHQL

1=+2.0(very blurry)
    View attachment 16193

4=-2.0(very sharp)
    View attachment 16194

:confused:

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Texture Sharpening at Auto is not working because AF is not working. If AF works, you don't have to play with Texture Sharpening. Just set it to Auto and forget it.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Texture Sharpening at Auto is not working because AF is not working. If AF works, you don't have to play with Texture Sharpening. Just set it to Auto and forget it.

Try AFx16 versus no AF (bi or trilinear) and see what happens without using Texture Sharpening.

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes it seem not to work :(

0=Off
    View attachment 16195

1=+2.0(very blurry)
    View attachment 16196

4=-2.0(very sharp)
    View attachment 16197

5=0.0(auto)
    View attachment 16198

Bi-linear
    View attachment 16199

Trilinear
    View attachment 16200

:(

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Sharpening at Auto is working, it produces exactly intended result. Auto (5) is same as 0 on newer ISI tracks, as they removed LOD bias enhancements (because people moaned about white line edges). If you run older track like Estoril, they will produce different result:

Auto (5):

View attachment 16202

0:

View attachment 16203

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

No one said Auto (5) wasn't working. It's AF inside rF2 that is not working in 930. You can still activate it via the driver. You can also play with Texture Sharpening all you want, but the point you seem to be missing is that someone shouldn't have to play with a .JSON file edit to get proper graphics. Leaving it on auto and choosing your preferred AF level in the game is how it is supposed to work and how it did work until a bug in 930. I am sure it will be corrected in the next build.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am also sure the AF will get fixed in the next build. It's all just part of the ongoing development, so there's no need to panic. We can't expect everything to work perfectly in every build, that's sorta the nature of this product. Sorry for stating the obvious, but I think a lot of people tend to forget this. :)

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

There is very VERY important thing about the CPU issue and freezing. When you have a freeze for two seconds, and then you unfreeze, your car appear at the place you got frozen. So you lose two seconds of your lap time.

Is this occur at every level, who knows how much time are you losing with just the stuttering. If this is the case, the simulation in rfactor 2 is f***** up completely. And this will become a CPU's race.

11. boxer

boxer Registered

I am getting regular system freezes with the last buil... its so bad that some times cant even start task manager. Forces me to do a hard boot...
    This only happens with rf2. Hope next buil is back to normal.

12. coops

coops Banned

2 sec's your lucky mine does it every time 1st lap usually for about 20/30 sec's then its all good.:mad:
    Would be nice to know what does not work after every build eg: removal, turned off, not fixed major issues cpu ect....but know thats asking for to much.:confused:
    Learnt to live with what we get not what we want. I WANT BETTER TRIPLE SCREEN OPTIONS.. pity i want get's nothing.:(
    Bring on the next build i say. :p

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

After all the negative comments about this build, without minimizing at all the CPU spikes problems (I feel sincerly sorry for all users affected), I have noticed that this build now spreads load on seven cores on my I7 machine (4 real, 4 virtuals), previous builds only loaded three cores.

Can you confirm that I am not day dreaming?

Cheers.

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

No you are not day dreaming, i7 fullscreen 7 cores CPU load 35%, windowed 6 cores CPU load 20%, but in game (ctrl+c) it looks like only one core is used, latest ISI tracks works fine but with older tracks like Portugal my i7 spikes.

:(

15. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Ctrl+c doesn't show you how many cores are used

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I used Windows task manager, did I do something wrong?

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

No Lgel, taskmanager is good. Mcflex means ingame ctrl+c doesn't show how many cores are being used

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Yeeeep

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

I thought that spike down in my pick above is those other cores, silly me, thank you for info. ;)

20. Andy7

Andy7 Registered

Sorry to read that some of you are having problems with stuttering and spiking :( I wrote about my stuttering problems in the thread linked below and it cured it for me as you may read in my final post on the thread if you wish. It will almost certainly NOT be the cause of hardly anyone else's current stuttering I guess, but worth a thought maybe. Since solving my problems, I am not experiencing any stuttering or spiking whatsoever and RF2 is running as fast and smooth as it always did in the past apart from stuttering caused by needing to change drivers for my AMD HD7850 every now and then. The only thing happening the same as some of you is that annoying pause for 2 or 3 seconds when going to watch a quick replay, which wasn't happening in Build 910. Other than that, Build 930 is now running great! Love the new UI by the way and would not go back now I am used to it :)

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23828-Unleashed-mode

Scroll to last post if you want to see what the cure was lol.

Hope you all get stutter/spike free soon, (hopefully next build will fix everyones issues) as I know it's very disheartening and annoying when it happens.

Andy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.