rFactor 2 Build 860 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Yes but dat does not include server name, amongst many other parameters.
    Hafta wait for ISI to develop this more.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You find server name from Multiplayer.JSON line, 139 and 140.
    "Default Game Name":"I am a lacy noob",
    "Default Game Name#":"Name of last multiplayer game we hosted",

Experimental rFactor2 Dedicated UI is working fine and it has same parameters as rFactor2 Dedicated has, get missing component(Auto Download) works also when ISI tracks and mods are used but it don`t ofcourse work with third party components and MP mod name (Race Series) don`t give you a hint what car is used, mod name is mpVmod_xxxxx_X.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
  3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You don't understand how long I've wanted this feature, especially the 2nd one you listed. Continually updating the A.I. setups to match mine as I work on mine, mixing setups between the field - high downforce for some, medium or low for others - hard tyres for some, soft for others - dry tyres for some, wet for others (when starting in mixed/questionable conditions), and so on and so on. This is bloody brilliant!!

Now the only thing that concerns me is how much the different setups affect an A.I. car due to the way they're programmed to drive. The A.I. uses a much more basic physics/tyre model; will they be able to take advantage of or lose advanatge when you give them a better or worse setup?

P.S. I long for the day that our 4/6/8 core / 8/12/16 thread CPUs get properly taken advantage of in order to apply the 100% full physics/tyre model to the A.I. It doesn't have to be at the same fidelity as the player in terms of graphics/physics-to-graphics connection, but just the raw physics/tyre model itself being identical to the player's.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, because Race 07 is based on a pre-rF2 ISI engine. You don't have to rely on the car itself to just happen to have good "info-FFB" in those games because you can tune the crap out of the FFB to make any part of the physics come to you as much or as little as you want. With all this modern day "pure FFB from the steering column only" bull****, we simply have to hope that the natural car itself happens to have good info-FFB since we have absolutely no control in adjusting the physics-to-FFB connection.

RFactor 2 generally has the best FFB in all sim-racing in my opinion. So raw, pure, fun, just absolutely amazing. My friends who all try it like it best compared to all modern day sims as well, not to mention even trying to compare it to rF1. However, what I try to explain to them is that - fun and realism aside - when you're looking for that past second over a whole lap, or even tenths, then it's all about the customized FFB regardless of how realistic, raw, and alive it might not feel. It's purely a competitive thing.

The following pretty much says it all...

I could get top 3 and top 5 GT Legends rank and rFactor 1 rank times in absolutely every single car at absolutely every single track (all default).. It's because of the way I could tune the FFB to the tyres and slip angles themselves, rather than being stuck with just "pure FFB from the steering rack only" and therefore just hoping that a particular car just happens to "click" with me. Do I think I can do top 3 or top 5 rFactor 2 rank times? I've never checked but I'd say "no chance in hell!" I'd be suprised if I can do top 50.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm a bit out of the loop here, since a third party plugin wrecked my sound card yesterday. That problem has now been taken care of and now I have some questions.

When I make an AI use one of my setups will it be for that race weekend only? Or will the AI automatically use it the next time I load that particular track/car combo?

Has anyone tried whether the Indy Cars now load with the correct configurations? Or can this now be done manually?

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ya, the fact that the mod name isn't shown is a problem. Actually if ISI enabled a big box like in rFactor 1, then that wouldn't be a problem. The big box in rF1 I'm referring to is the box where the server creator can write a description about his room. We could also see all sorts of other info in there. Just tons of stuff.

What do you mean by "of course"? I've downloaded about 20 3rd party cars/tracks through auto-download. Having said that, I'm not too knowledgeable with regards to networking, online systems, and stuff like that; I'd really appreciate it if you or anyone else could help inform me on the matter :)

7. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

The VirtualRcade post says there are physics changes but of course cannot rely on that. One question I did have regarding the fact that many of us G27 users no longer have to use smoothing since the last update is how is that? Why did I have to use smoothing before and not now?

8. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Not sure the intent was for testing but I could be wrong. Not that this ability wouldn't be great but as you note it wouldn't apply because different physics so I wouldn't get too excited.

On another note, would someone please tell me how to know which settings AI are using or if this is possible? Also, how do AI decide what setup to use? Is there some formula and are setups determined by rF2 or mod or some combination?

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

??...The feature isn't for testing, nor did I mean to imply that; the feature is for racing against the A.I., simple as that :)

10. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Ah ok I understand now. Makes sense.

11. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

To clarify question regarding smoothing....

Why do I no longer (since the build prior to this build) require smoothing to reduce rattling in my G27?

Is smoothing now built in somehow? If not, then how is rattling no longer happening other than on curbs, off track, etc.?

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

AFAIK the smoothing was a temporary fix for the G25/27 owners.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Hmm, ISI has webhost to all ISI components like cars, tracks etc and all components has getmod URL.
    Third party mods don`t have webhost and if you like to host third party mods you must have webhost,repack components and change getmod URL.

14. Tobytreptow

Tobytreptow Registered

Hi there,
    Long time rfactor simmer & forum viewer , 1st time poster :)

Just want to express my thoughts on latest build as have moved house lately & have had my SIM in storage for last 3 months so been having massive withdrawal symptoms.

First impressions - wow - am so impressed by how much more feel I get through my wheel (g25) compared to pre 660,builds - there seems to be so much more refinement to subltle ffb effects like mid cornering & just on the edge of understeer/ grip loss to both entry & exit of cornering.

Found I was able to catch most tail happy exits & over braking entries so much easier than in previous builds - definitely the most immersive SIM experience I've had so far - of course this is my opinion & some of it could be related to not simming for over 3 months :)

Huge step forward & keep up the awesome work team!
    Btw nords & the gtr is awesome - big cheers to tosch & djc - u guys rock!

Cheers,
    Toby

15. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

No troubles with the new build so far... It's all good atm :)

Autoupdated to the newest from 798.

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Someone tested the new build with the urd-egt cars?

17. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

yes work perfect :)

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Amen to that!

20. stonec

stonec Registered

Build notes do not mention any changes to FFB. After each new build a lot of people seem to think that this and that things changed (after every build people seem to be getting more FPS even when no graphics changes were done). Personally I'm very skeptical to any of these claims until ISI has confirmed changes, so much of it is placebo. The only concrete difference I noticed with this build is that spotter is (finally) working for me, so for me this was nothing but a bugfix build.