rFactor 2 Build 860 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It isn't fixed in 860. But that is a different problem. The password bug prevents the vmod from downloading but he got past that stage.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Tried to join some kart server earlier today. They were running karts, at Quebed, no password, B860, yet I still couldn't join. It didn't even allow me to even press "join", no chance at all, so how the hell were 8 other people magically ablw to join?

The online system is so "all over the place".

I wanted to start my own server last night, just pick the go-karts, select a few tracks, and start, but nope, couldn't even manage that. Couldn't even find a simple car list to choose from, but instead, about 6000 of these "virtual mods" or whatever they're called. Since when do you need to be some IT networking expert to do something as simple as "choose allowed cars, choose tracks, set rules/settings, play/connect".

I didn't even see anything regarding the new, supposedly easier, quicker and more user-friendly way of setting up your server. Didn't even see anything regarding that.

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Any one else getting alt tab problems still, i m still getting a little black box in the top left hand corner but can here the mouse going over the in game icons but im in desktop and cant alt tab back to the game, then to top it off when i use ctrl alt del for task manager, it says rf2 is not even running but also i cant use computer either only ctrl alt tab and even that freezes up so then i have to turn off the pc just to stop rf2 running so i can run it again, so bloody frustrating sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Was this kart server on the new build yet?

As for the new Dedi UI, it isn't done yet. If you want to test it the WIP UI, go into the advance tab and enable the dedi proto UI. If you want to host with the old UI you need to use the MAS tool to build a vmod first.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nope, the karts were running 860, this was about 36 hours ago. It's happened many times. Someone told me a few months back that there's a way to only allow select people to join without having to use a password??...No idea...

Some type of real-life karting league/organisation. When I searched them on google, I found out it was a real karting company (probably rentals and all that). As usual, I couldn't fine anything regarding them and rF online play info, where to download files that they may require, general info, etc. No info at at all, what else is new. (An rF1 style server-info box with multiple tabs full of server-info is desperately needed).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  6. Carlo

Carlo Registered

"It didn't even allow me to even press "join", no chance at all, so how the hell were 8 other people magically able to join"

I've also observed this. Correct build, correct track. Confuses me.

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

thx Noel, will try that.

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

But this bug is fixed in 880. Wahoo!!