rFactor 2 Build 860 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I updated from 798 to 860 without problems from the "update" tab

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

What "plugins" folder is the first one you mentioned?

I have ONLY:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins\ TrackIR_rF2_Plugin_x64.dll

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin32\Plugins\ TrackIR_rF2_Plugin.dll

There's no other plugins folder, unless you have something left over from before build 798.

3. 88mphTim

Yeah I can feel the difference in the Brabham, too. Suspension feels are a bit better.

4. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I have a C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Plugins folder. I did auto update from B798

5. 88mphTim

I guess you didn't do a fresh install or auto update of 798 as required. So you have redundant directories and files now. That dir no longer exists in a proper installation.

6. mel1c

mel1c Registered

Thanks for sorting it out. I did auto update from B798 to 860. I did auto update TO B798 from B770. My last fresh install was B660. Looks like a fresh install is in order again

7. 88mphTim

Sounds like the AA to 798 didn't clear the old folder :( just delete rf2 folder in prog files and install lite.

8. Promag

Promag Registered

Things seem to be running smoothly, got a pretty major fps jump in 32 bit. Not so much in 64 but everything seems to be coming together.

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Going to start trying to consistently only use auto-update from now on (unless I have issues)

The following is my current procedure for updating rFactor 2 builds using auto-update:

1. Auto-update the build through the rF2 Launcher
    2. Verify the build (also under the "update" tab) - I seem to always have at least a few files that fail verification, even on brand new installs but NEVER have had a problem for years so this really means nothing to me but I just like to check anyways
    3. Delete all files in the "CBash" folder - most likely in your C:\Users\*your PC user name*\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\Log\CBash
    4. Delete all files in the "Shaders" folder - most likely in your C:\Users\*your PC user name*\Documents\rFactor2\UserData\Log\Shaders
    5. Click "Configure Sim" (in the launcher still - not in-game) - Choose the wrong resolution (don't worry about any other settings like AA, refresh rate, etc. for now), just choose any incorrect resolution, make sure to click OK (config window should close upon clicking OK)
    6. Click "Configure Sim" (in the launcher still - not in-game) - Choose all your correct settings for everything this time

Then RACE! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Same here all seems OK for the few test I done.

11. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Update worked flawlessly. No issues identified thus far. Performance appears to be improved. Suspension seems to have (even) better feel on 60s F1 vehicles. Haven't tested other historic vehicles yet.

12. speed1

speed1 Banned

You're sure ? The last i've droven those cars i was impressed, but now not so. There is now no wow effect anymore, and the steer bump is allmost dead, but i tought this cars would generate steer bump effects, or not. Now i have just little vibes around the center. :confused:

I had the feeling the GT's would have previously represented this effect more as well which than the update has allmost eliminated and I find it more correctly for modern vehicles but it robs the soul of these historic vehicles anyway. :(

edit: apart from that I think it would be stupid to think you didn't know what happens behind the scenery Tim, but once again I can't find anything in the changelog about any change on those cars ffb/physic or whatever. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2014
  13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Speed how did u update? it might be a good idea to delete controller and plr and let it refresh so its erm...fresh :)

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Speed test it with default ffb settings in the jason file. I remember you also tweaked some settings in the previous builds so it could be that these settings now does not work so good as before.
    This is one of the reasons why I decided to use except one value default values.
    I experienced this more than one time on my system.
    After I went back to the default settings or a complete fresh install most time it was much better.
    Now I've two complete independent imstallations One I use for league events and online racing and a second for offline racing, testing and using customized or private mods.

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

I used the auto update but i can try it with a fresh install. ;)

I used everything on standard. I know that would be no good idea to give feedback while using a tweaked rf2. :)

16. TJones

TJones Registered

That isn't necessary, you can simply move the files outside the rF2 file system, than start the game. rF2 now generates new controller and .plr files, with default values.
    You can test now, and if necessary you can move your pre saved files back.

17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

This

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

pm'd back in legends forum look in your inbox

19. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

MMmmmm, so that's not a placebo effect. I too feel a difference with Historical, mainly tested with F3 Eve, something better under my hands for sure, yes! :)

BTW, people who did a real fresh install (I overwritten existing with lite installer, so semi-fresh for me) must don't forget to tweak JSON files if they did it previously, like the "minimum torque" settings in controller.json I change every time after a real fresh install:
    "Steering torque minimum":0.03,
    "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",

20. mel1c

mel1c Registered

I did that easy fix and my folder structure is now correct. BUT, the real TrackIR issue was I was not using the latest version TrackIR software and installing that installed x64 drivers :eek:. I admit my ignorance here in case someone else has the issue.