rFactor 2 Build 860 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Stutters are there same what FPS used but if 3D is used all is fine:mad:

2. Essemo

Essemo Registered

Since I installed build 860 I've been getting an error message when I start up the game.

It says that I don't have sufficient video memory (under 512 mb) but then it lets me start the game anyway and it usually works OK except sometimes when I try to load Monte Carlo or Spa when it gives me a memory allocation error.

Is there some problem with the game recognising video memory? I have a fairly new TX 780 video card with 3 gb of memory and yet I still can't get the game to load sometimes, even when I have turned the detail levels right down.

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Hmmm, hard to say. In 2D mode, I often found major issues with rF2 and SLI, especially in triple screen mode. However, with 3D Vision, it's just about the most perfect SLI scaling a game could possibly get, and perfectly smooth at 60/120 fps, so sorry Ari, don't know what to tell you :(

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is new Nvidia driver 344.11, 340.52 works fine :mad:

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello ISI Team,

I started with build 384, I jumped from build 770 to 860.

I want to congratulate the ISI teams unconditionally for the improvements of the product (no positive criticism to help improve the product...).

Thanks again for your hard work and dedication.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Because of our League Races i just installed today B860. Sadly i must say, in Singleplayer i got now a lot of stutter, wich i doesn`t has with B798...There are in Multiplayer stutter too, but less than in SP. Ingame settings are all in the mid range.

7. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Stutter is a word which can mean tons of different things for different users. Do you have Vsync ON? which FPS are you experimenting? I have stutter as I use Adaptive Vsync of NVidia which mean VSync is ON if I have 60 fps or more and automatically disabled below. Stutter happen in between when I'm on a scene where it goes from 59 to 61 for example, right at the moment VSync is disabled or enabled. Upper and all is fine thanks to VSync, below all is fine but I experiment some screen tearing due to lack of Vsync (monitor at 60Hz and game below 60Hz so asynchronous display = stutter or screen tearing).

So possibly you have now stutter because game run quicker, or slower, on your machine. each configuration are different so that's the problem for devs.

Could you please elaborate on what you call stutter in your case?

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I get the least stutter with all forms of VSync turned off and use the "Max Framerate" setting in the player file set to 60. This also minimizes input lag which is also a good thing.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

It seems for me, that the Game hangs for short moment. Vsync is deactivated. FPS is between 85 and 100. Max Framerate setting in the player file set to 60, was for me not good. I tried but GPU was allways between 65% and 90%, with Max Framerate setting in the player file set to 0, GPU is now very stabil on 99%.

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I tried this but the problem is the 60 fps you reach like this are not synchronous with the screen raster so that's mean if you start a session with the raster right at the middle of your screen you keep it here all long, so you have a horizontal screen tearing right in your horizon. That's mean they (devs) didn't synchronize it at least once through a vsync before "running free" with a 60Hz (E.g. if Max Framerate set to 60) interrupt.

Mmmm, I exactly think the reverse here: having GPU to 99% is not good, imply useless overheating supposing you have a 60Hz monitor and force the GPU to run between 85 and 100 fps, so you have useless frames computed by CPU and GPU than you will never see entirely as the monitor cannot display at that rate. So IMHO (I'm a dev and an ex game dev, but that don't mean I'm right for sure ;)) it's better to give CPU/GPU some rooms thanks to Max framerate or Vsync.

Edit: for the hang, your stutter, could it be your HDD is reading or another external event? I have this symptom if I keep Chrome open when I start rF2, it seems to be due to pluggin taking CPU and HDD time...

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

But the FPS are more stabil with 99% GPU...

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well obviously if you're running uncapped your GPU load will always be maxed out. But this causes the framerate to go up and down all the time and add to the stutter. The other downfall to running uncapped is your CPU load will go up leaving less room for random background tasks so when a background task does use the CPU it has a greater chance of impacting the sim. VSync will smooth out the framerate and reduce stutter but it dramatically adds to input lag. The best compromise is to use Max Framerate (who cares if your GPU load isn't maxed out as long as you're maxing out your 60hz monitor) which smooths the framerate without adding input lag. The downfall is you can't brag to your friends about your wildly high framerates and it also tends to create a tear halfway down the screen. You can move the tear or even remove it entirely by adjusting the value you supply for Max Framerate. For example, try 59.5 or 60.5... ect ect.

13. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I assume you are referring to the tear. As I just said in my response to Juergen-BY, you can play with fractions in the value you supply for Max Framerate to move the tear up or down the screen. I run 60.0 and don't have a tear at all. It seems like every system requires slight tweaking of this number to reduce the tearing. But if you get a tear right where you're looking into the apex that could be aggravating for sure. Play around with that value a little and see what you can come up with.

14. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I was getting stuttering issues (no idea of type) the other night even in minimal settings the other night (I have a GTX 780).

A reboot solved it. No idea what the issue was.

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Thanks for you complete explanation, make sense, I'll try some variances as I just tried exactly 60Hz so far. Thanks :)

16. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi Guys, seems i sorted it out ;-)

I removed everything related to AMD/Catalyst, cleaned Registry too and reinstalled latest AMD Driver. Settings wich i found there and everything is fine :)

Max Framerate "0", AA and/or FSXX to off and also setting the AF off, Windowed Mode, Vsync OFF.

On Spa with the EGT i reached 100 - 160 FPS (HDR off) in SP with 10 AI driving some Laps behind an AI. No single stutter...nothing. With HDR ON it was 90 - 150 FPS.

I believe settings like e.g. "Max Framerate" are very depending on the whole pc system. In my case it doesn`t helps.

Thanks to all for your advises.

Thanks to ISI for the improvement in Build 860. Now waiting for the Graphics Fix ;-)

//Edit: forgot an important Point: Ingame Graphics settings everything on High.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
  17. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

getmod with this track working? seems to be downloading but then stops and says check components url validity.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you're using a "Max Framerate" setting, then it makes sense if the GPU load may be low because it may not need lot of power to push out, for eg. 60 fps. What you DO NOT want happening, though, is your GPU clocks lowering because the GPU thinks you don't need a lot of power because of your "Max Framerate" or VSync setting of "only" 60 fps.

19. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Make sure you don't already have the component in your packages folder but not actually installed. If the component already exists it will download it again but fail to install and then give this misleading error.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

...but the Passworded Server Error isn`t fixed, right?