rFactor 2 Build 1080 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Hi thanks for the new build. maybe a nice one, but didn't check that much, yet.
    but i still have the same problem with triple screen and multi view ON. the TV cameras in replay DON'T zoom in! that problem exists since build 982! it was working before, but since then its crap watching a replay and i don't want to switch multi view off and on, just because of a replay. on all tracks, ISI and none ISI.
    i reported it in Build 998 the first time, see the LINK

i reported also in the last update: LINK

maybe someone has the same problem? or a fix? would be very nice...

2. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Not from non-steam servers WITH getmodded components. So frustrating. Worked Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes it is if dedicated server hast right ports open.

Edit.You are right get missing component is not working, it works only if dedi and game PC is in same network (LAN) Sorry my mistake

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2016
  4. stonec

stonec Registered

Really? I just tried as an experiment to join about 20 non-passworded servers listed on my Steam launcher MM. I can't get a single one to download any getmodded content, I either get a "package not available" or "invalid password" message. From those servers I know as a fact at least a couple have getmodded content.

Edit: I now actually got one server to download something, but still many of those servers that should let you download don't.

5. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I get invalid password all the time I try to download my regular server for goof and gaff... (! ! ! Scanyannucks)

6. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes it seems that when you get message: "invalid password" dedicated server is using get missing component but it don`t work, "package not available" and dedicated server don`t have get missing component.

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Does anybody know if this is working?

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Yeah that could make sense, maybe it's just Steam edition servers that work correctly with getmod at moment.

9. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Maybe I host one dedi true Steam and one of you can test if it working or not?

10. TPG

TPG Registered

GetMod works fine with Non-Steam dedi and non-steam clients..I just deleted a 3rd party Mod & Track our league is running from my install, joined the server and it downloaded both like normal..sounds like a Steam issue..

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Which one should/could i try WhiteShadow

I'm non steam user so don't know if the problem exists for me.....sorry didn't get what is going on with servers in fact i don't know nothing about hosting. but i can test if get missing components is working

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

WhiteShadows_Rom, track is Racefactor Austria 2014 if you have that installed uninstall it.

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

give me 5

14. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Maybe TS?

15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Well we tried several times but i only get 50mb of the track and then i get the message "couldn't install al components"
    I had the track in my backup (196.xxxmb) so installed it manually and then i could join.

when i got the message and looked into my folder i saw a racerfactor austria 2014 rfcmp but it only was 50 mb.

hope this helps

16. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

Bump [emoji52]

17. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I have also reported this bug since the new tripple screen setting.

I fix it by setting UseSubViewParams=1 to =0. This puts triple screen back to the old way where you can use FOV which is how TV cameras do their zoom. With the option set to =1 the FOV is locked so no zooming TV cameras I'm afraid. [emoji20]

18. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Well to me its very similar to having low/med/hi settings on the other graphic options so that the end user can find their best performance vs graphic details balance. Running in HDR does tax your FPS pretty heavily. Also I am not alone in finding the HDR mode undesirable as for me and others ive talked to fond it looks too oversaturated, dark, and contrasty. Almost "cartoonish". Not worth the trade off in FPS. I most definitely would prefer to run LDR however I cant find this "GFXSafemode" ini anywhere in my install. Can you point me to where it is located?

19. stonec

stonec Registered

The oversaturated look with HDR was fixed long ago, if anything latest tracks like Toban tend to look undersaturated now and even more so if you disable HDR. Running with HDR off means colors will look worse than rF1, because rF2 track textures are actually tweaked with HDR color space in mind. Anyway if you necessarily want a different experience, the setting is in UserData folder under Config.ini. And then you have to clear the shader cache as well it seems, so it's not really a recommended procedure.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered