rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TJones

TJones Registered

I was in Hockenheim this year watching F1 free practice session. Track was dry at start, as soon as it begun to rain light, the cars start to sliding all around within seconds, i couldn´t beleave it.
    But these F1 tyres are much more sensitively to tyre temperature, compared to those we have on the ISI-F2. Also ATM tyre temps are not effected by outer temps or conditions.
    Really nice driving Hagen.

1 person likes this.
  2. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Exactly this ^^

F1 cars are especially sensitive, but to be honest all forms of open wheelers, and especially any cars than run slicks, will lose grip exceptionally quick in wet conditions. The track sometimes doesn't even need to be wet, just "greasy", and the cars struggle. It's even worse the lighter the car gets, in a kart, when it starts to rain and you are on slicks, sometimes the only way to get the kart to turn is to lock up the rear slightly and then jam open the power, it is an art! :)

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Great video Hagen, great race! F2 is a very good car to drive IMHO, and I don't understand very well all the critics about it...?

Do you remember the AI's strength in the race? Thanks again for the video!

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Sexy indeed Hagen, especially at 1080p. Nice driving too and also nice pc specs... I`ve got to get my sim rig updated as soon as.

I wish ISI would make it so that the warm down lap, after the race has finished was a lot slower as it is in real life. It should be a slow, amble (well maybe not an amble lol but you get my drift) back to the pits, picking up rubber etc. As it is atm , it`s still done at almost racing speeds... I must throw that "wish" in the wish list.

Must find this video of your "ninja" cat too... :)

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup, good point, you can see much more of the physics that are going on in replays of Live For Speed and probably Netkar Pro and Richard Burns Rally, it makes watching the replays soooo sweet to watch, everything moves so lifelike and naturally, regardless of how outdated the graphics are, the physics fidelity of the actual object movements sort of over comes the oudated graphics, therefore making the replays feel much more real and wayyyyy more enjoyable to watch, at least for me.

Replays of those games look better to me than pcars's and rfactor2's replays, because the physics movement look so real, regardless of how outdated the actual game looks when its paused or in a screenshot.

No matter how beautiful the graphics of any genre game are, if the movements seem video game ish and unnatural it will never be the same. I feel this "movement" area is just like sound in games, they are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind, relative to the beautiful graphics (and physics in some sims) that games have nowadays

Beautiful video, you should throw the word "rfactor2" "rfactor 2" "rf2" in there, you will probably get many many more views :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
  6. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Exactly this! I know it's a little O/T, but look at this video of netkar pro, all of this is shot in replays and look how good the physics look:

In my honest opinion, rFactors physics feel just as good as netkar pro's when driving, but the replay fidelity is really poor unfortunately.

At least, I hope it is replay fidelity, I wonder how the car looks when going over curbs in live motion? I am going to have to set fraps to record at 120fps, put all settings and resolution to low, and record myself in track camera hitting a big curb! :D

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

None, known issue with us. Solution is to not drive that particular car. ;)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

It is the replays. :) Still WIP I'm afraid.

9. FONismo

FONismo Registered

3245tyghb
    Great video Richie. Love the first shot of the F.35

10. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Thanks man! I am awaiting on better replays, (as we just talked about), so I can make some more slow motion videos. I really hope they nail it, because there is so much potential here!

The only other thing I would love, that will probably never come, is some really good camera tools. iRacing and LFS both have amazing camera tools to work with, which makes video editing a whole lot easier, and you can get really nice shots.

11. FONismo

FONismo Registered

I have been asking for that for ages man. Created a thread and didn't get a reply. I'm sure though that Tim did say they are overhauling the replays completely.

I'm having a break away from rF2 videos until they up the graphics and the replay fidelity. Completely overdone the game at this point in time in terms of the current content. Enjoying shooting people more in the face right now than racing people haha

12. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Haha fair play mate! I haven't played rF2 very much yet so I still have some laps in me, but I also enjoy shooting people in the face! Gonna get my Arma 2 groove on tonight, and also see if I can get a beta key for Planetside 2! :D

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Well yes rF2 is still IMO the best sim out there in terms of physics and so is my number one go to sim still and will be for as long as i can see. But right now i am bored of the content, overplayed it big time. Gave up on all other sims as soon as i felt rF2 but man i'm bored LOL. Luckily i have countless shooters i can play until new content is released. AC looks to be miles away still and while i'm hyped for it, i'm still holding judgment until i play it.

14. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

I know the feeling of boredom man! I am normally quite active and go running and doing other outdoor activities a lot, but for the last 2 months I have had a really bad knee injury. I have been stuck at home with sweet f-all to do and it's been driving me nuts!

It's the main reason I got my pc fixed and got back into Arma and rFactor lol. I am desperate for an epic game, planetside 2 seems to be the answer, I will locate a beta key! :D

In the meantime I'm gonna go do some laps!

15. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Not yet but ISI is aware of it.

16. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Not sure but I think this is my fault at least in part b/c I I selected DVD quality in FreeMake but YouTube only processed into 360 pixels. Next time I will do 720p or 1080p.

17. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Have you tried black hole ring, Toban or Salem valley?

18. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Oh no, it's not the video quality mate, it's the actual way in which the car moves. In replays it's like it is floating.

19. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Toban and Black hole yes but still no new cars to drive. Tracks are personally not the point for me right now. Generally i use all the ISI tracks at some point. Obviously i only use the classic tracks for the 60's cars and the others for the current cars. When i say lack of content... i mean ISI content, as in new cars, preferably not open wheel. I drive 2 cars max in this game right now and i'm bored. I need a classic GT or a current prototype of some form.

20. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Makes sense. For what it's worth, you might for try driving 60s cars on other tracks. I won't tell. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.