Rf2Rift - rFactor2 Oculus Rift Plugin and Tools

Discussion in 'Other' started by vittorio, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Adrian - your DK2 shipped yesterday ??

surely not this early ??

2. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Haha I wish. Na 1080p upgrade for dk1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Hi Adrian!

The RiftUP! works now for Tridef and therefore rfactor2! Even better than on the DK1 with better FOV !! and 1920x1080 (everything perfect).

See:
    http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=140&t=18316&p=152003#p152003

EDIT: well, the FOV is not better but the screen size is better used

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

you couldn't wait until July ?

have any of you used the riftup yet, how's the 1080 screen look?

times ticking away towards July :)

5. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Yeah been watching the thread :-D

FML! Riftup hasn't arrived yet. That's what I get for living rural on the other side of the world... Going outside to kick around some hobbits, maybe that'll cheer me up :p

6. vittorio

vittorio Registered

The RiftUP just started to work pefect now, there were software problems before which caused eye strains and nothing was perfect. It has a bit lower FOV then the DK1 (but Tridef uses all the screen on RiftUP, not so on DK1). Display is great. Great colors, good black level, a lot less bluring and of course better resolution (3 times higher resolution than DK1, and 50% more subpixel than DK2). Have to test more now since it just started to work perfect.

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Thats unfortunate :( but ROFL about the hobbits :D

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Adrian -must be painful I hope it comes before your dk2

vittorio -goon news, I hope the dk2 screen is as good

9. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Woohoo was at home after work. installed patched and all working mint.

How are you going about getting RF2 over to the Rift screen? I've been using it cloned up to this point. I cant seem to get RF2 to launch on the rift screen and tridef doesn't seem to want to do 3D when not in fullscreen mode

10. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Yes, starting application is more difficult because clone mode doesn't work anymore. You have to set up multiple displays in extended mode with the RiftUp as primary (applications will start on the primary screen). And set Rotate display RiftUP to Portrait (flipped).

Its a bit difficult having the Rift in extended mode and as primary. Before I start an application I switch of the RiftUP -> Monitor gets primary. Do everything to prepare to start an application. Turn on the RiftUp (Riftup gets primary) and start the application. Windows key+ Shift key + left cursor /right cursor to move aktive window between primary and extended display helps sometime too.
    (Sometimes you have to put of a lense)

I have Tridef configured to model: Oculus Rift (Game res) and in RF2 resolution to 1920x1080. VSYNC is needed because screen is updated form left to right and so the eyes don't like even occational tearing. (I've set VSYNC to adaptive sync in nvidia panel).
    I use A cups and display distance adjusted all way out. In Tridef and RF2 I reduced configured FOV to ~95° Tridef and ~90° RF2.

Still have to try more and optimize. BTW You didn't miss much by getting the RiftUp late, because it just started to work.

11. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Have you tried setting rf2config to use secondary display adaptors (I.e. second screens). For me this launches rfactor to my screen of choice, however at the moment the screen goes black and the image is displayed on the main monitor anyway, even though mouse interaction happen on the second screen.

I'll play around tonight when I get home. Unity games are easy by using defaultprograms editor to launch directly to the rift.

Oh and things like the lunar flight search and recover missions are much easier now you can see what you need to look for :p

12. Adrian

Adrian Registered

[MENTION=4386]vittorio[/MENTION] don't supposes you could compile a 64bit version of the plugin when you get some time please :D

13. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Just added a x64 Plugin version as attachment in Rf2Rift V2.0 test4 post. It seems to be stable after some early tests and corrections. Just copy the dll to rfactor2 Plugins folder (no need to delete or rename the 32bit plugin)

For 64bit application Tridef >= 6.0 is required. I just upgraded 5.10 to V6.2 which works with 64bit rfactor2, but I have problems getting the Tridef OSD menu now (Tridef keys seem to not work here).

Still needs more testing...

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Did anyone get his dk2 yet?

15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

no I'm still waiting.

16. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Thanks mate :)

Yeah the tridef keys aren't working here either, makes it hard to navigate menus without being able to use safe FOV. Also I don't see it mentioned on their forums either so maybe its RF2 related?

Edit: looks to be a problem with Tridef and 64bit stuff - http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4576
    http://www.tridef.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4291

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2014
  17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Ok, good it's not a rFactor2 specific problem, a fix is more likely then. So the dirty solution by now is to configure Tridef with 32bit rFactor2 build, when everything is configured switch to 64bit build. The save FOV key is really missing though.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Hi all

I emailed oculus a week ago and they stated that they are on schedule for the original dk2 delivery estimates
    They are also hoping to give an official update tomorrow ( 1st July )

Hopefully we're only a week or two away from receiving our units
    ( for those of us that got our orders in on the first day )

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Vittorio -we 're lucky to have you !

20. Mark8539

Mark8539 Registered

Help! :)

Last night I made my first attempt to get rFactor 2 (32 bit version) running with my Oculus Rift. To begin with I updated to the latest 770 build of rF2. I'm using DK1 (cloned display, latest Oculus SDK), Windows 8.1, single 780TI graphics card.

So, I downloaded and copied Rf2Rift_2_0_test4.dll (32 bit version) into the plugins directory (removing the existing TrackIR DLLs so they were nowhere to be seen, not sub-directories or anything). When going into the sim I get the plugin icon at the top left of the screen but the head tracking does not work even after waiting longer than the necessary 13 seconds delay (checked the DK1 head tracking was working fine in iRacing, it was). Tridef wasn't being used at that point (and headtracking was set to OFF in Tridef anyway when I did set it up). Tried rebooting, turning the plugin off/on etc, all the usual things but no go. Any ideas? Could it be an incompatibility with the new 770 build?

Wanting to get something working so I then downloaded the latest trial version of Tridef. I set that up OK using the number pad, can view the rF2 menus OK within the Rift but when entering the sim page where you select to switch between and start sessions a lot of the text was missing on the screen plus my mouse pointer was frozen so I couldn't even enter the sim to see if the 3D was working there (albeit without head tracking!). Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Mark.