rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

About car damages, I think it would be a great add to have some sort of scratches when getting in soft contact against other cars, not just the crude crash that smashes your car with the paint still intact. Also regarding damages, a proper model for windows, since they don't tear themselves apart (non laminated glass) or even show damage, as a laminated glass would do. Also, "hinged" damages, as a spoiler or a door won't simply drop itself until the hinges that support it are also broken, so please allow for some articulation of some sort while the elements are not fully dettached. This could give great realism on some damage files.

About a similar thing, it will be great if cars got dirtier with rubber on the front of the car (and windows too, of course) on racetracks, mud on offroad stages, etc.

I'd rather have half the list of things posted in this thread, than having the game before 2011, so take your time to do this good enough for another 5 years of great enjoyment and modding possibilities... ;)

2. buzard

buzard Registered

I was referring to the "chase - following or ahead of the car looking back at it." views. The car is locked into the center of the screen. If you hit a bump the car does not move, but the entire world bounces around it.

The height - angle and pan of the track cameras can be altered. Any camera attached to the car (even an external view) are 100% static. Doesn't look right.
    It should look as if the car was being observed from a car in front or behind the main car. Like from a ghost car just behind or ahead.

3. Omicron

Omicron Registered

Snow/ice physics support and weather effects with cold temperatures and snowflakes. :)
    Hinged trackside object (posts, cones) like in Sports Car GT!
    More changeable settings in graphics menu, like view distance (seperate for rearview), mirror resolution and FPS, number of rendered trackside objects at the time, visible shadows range.
    Visual tyre derformation
    More mechanical failures like in Geoff Crammond sims.
    Trailer support? Caravan derby anyone? lol :D

4. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

The ability to:
    -build tire files with more specific grip variables based on heat/pressure/wear/etc.
    -change any of the four tires individually at pit stops (ie just left front, just right side, etc
    -change roll bar stiffness while on track
    -add/reduce aero at pit stops
    -create custom weather with specifics for time points, or have that generated randomly
    -be more specific with how the engine uses fuel within defined rev ranges, either by power produced or rev/throttle input

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

-change any of the four tires individually at pit stops (ie just left front, just right side, etc
    -add/reduce aero at pit stops

These two are available already in rF 1 :)

6. Nibo

Nibo Registered

- Option to view only chat messages from the admin while in cockpit in qualy and race sessions. That way we will get rid of "chat/no chat" troubles. People will be able to turn chat off, but still view important admin messages.

7. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

Another couple of things on physics.

I usually was left thinking that a system similar to those of iRacing for the suspension height, with the weight balance and "force" distribution in every corner, was a very good and realistic way to setup a car. It would be great if rF2 has this system to set it up.

I also think that it's a common thing in real races to have different track widths for every different needs of every racetrack. This is most of the times achieved with a different offset of the rims in real life, but a simple offset setup for each individual wheel (in case this seup is also used for oval racing, which I'm unaware of), should be more than enough.

8. Ernie

Ernie Registered

+1

9. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

Scaleable track sizes

This may be completely off the wall and I suspect completely undoable but is there any feasible way to have some sort of track size multiplier? ie you take essington in a meggy as it is now. perfect size. Now let's say I want to reduce the size by 50% and take a cart on it. Next, I want to increase the size by 25% and make it a long lap with an F1 car...

Am I crazy?

10. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Id can be done. In 3dmax.
    How can you imagine this feature? scale whole world including env objects like trees?

As I remember you are against involving dev staff for anti-cheat solution but on the other side you want such stupid things?

11. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

+1 as well

We are handing out penalties for members chatting in quali and race but we dont want to encourage them to disable chat because we need to be able to communicate with them when things go fubar on the server.
    Admin messages would be very welcome.

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Addition to "only admin chat visible in qualy and race" option wish. It would be perfect if it starts working only as the session timer starts in qualy and when all cars appear on the track in race. And stops working after last car on fast lap in qualy ends it and last car in race finishes the race. So that before the race ppl can post "gla" messages (or any other messages), and after the race "Grats ...", etc messages. It`s a tradition :)

Upd. Another feature. A slider controls in "Rules" setup screen for a amount of rubber and dust on track to start a session with (I don`t know for sure if dust on track will be simulated in rF2). Rubber=0% - no rubber, new track or track after the rain. Rubber=100% - a track with maximum rubber like a Barcelona before a start of an F1 race after all the support races. Dust=0% - clean track. Dust=100% - Bahrain or new Korea type circuit. Same sliders for a dedicated server of course. This way instead of predecided by maker of track fixed starting conditions we will have different conditions on the same track. It would greatly expand possibilities to simulate races on the same track in early season or late season, or what anybody like.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
  13. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

No.

It's not stupid. I would love the ability to minimize my Ferrari have it move the camera down and scale the speed to take a 2 hour lap of the Nordschliefe

14. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

No to be me being crazy or it working? ;) Just kidding. I knew from the get go it was out there :) It will be awfully cool though.

Don't worry about the stupid comment, just a trollish post that should be ignored. :)

15. Marek Lesniak

When I read your previous post, at first I was thinking that you are just joking but right now I'm really affraid... I hope ISI staff know where are the limits of listening what community wants :)

16. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

No doubt :) Admit it though, would be silly cool.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Ability to add Penalty Weight (or other forms of Penalty) to offline races

18. Nibo

Nibo Registered

- better sparks graphics when car bottoming out
    - simulation of plank wear from car bottoming out

19. Marek Lesniak

Ability to define race start line further than timing/finish line. For example, 24h @ Spa has start line on the older straight, after La Source, but timing/finish line is on the main straight, after Bus Stop.
    The same is also at Monza if I remember correctly, on probably on many other tracks.

20. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

not sure if this has been posted here before or not..
    but you got to make real shifting.. if using manual shifting.. make shifting impossible unless you lift.
    better clutch for people that use the clutch pedal... only newer F1 type cars should be able to use no lift shifting.