rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ZeosPantera, Oct 5, 2010.

Tags:
  1. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

I hope we get more statistics (tables, graphics and diagram) in the game at the weekend, test, etc.
    I would like to see our (me and AI drivers too) split times in the rfactor "monitor".

2. Omicron

Omicron Registered

Night shadows

3. YoShImUrA

YoShImUrA Registered

An optimal tyre temp (which obviously is automatically updated taken from the tbc file from each mod) could also be useful to know what aprox temps should the driver aim.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Stefano Cassillo on ISI development team. :D

I'm not saying ISI doesn't have a great team already I'm just saying Stefano writes some pretty cool stuff.

5. Burnout

Burnout Registered

With the visual tire wear implemented, I'd like to see an option during practice mode to visually inspect the tire sets when you're not on the track. It's not an issue seeing the wear in open wheelers but in something like a stock car, that would be a useful feature.

6. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

+ i hope so that, we get a better (real) replay in the rFactor2... the rFactor replay in the cockpit view is a big joke. :/

7. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I would love to have ALL detachable objects viewed correctly in the cockpit. It would also be nice to have more debris and the ability to have loose objects cut tires.

8. Traveller

Traveller Member

A green flag waypoint in the AIW.

9. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Track marker (like startx etc.) for swithing SC lights off (just before race restart) at the end of FCY period.

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

Id like to see 'realistic' safety car periods, example, a car crashes, the safety car comes out, a tow truck, jet dryers come on track etc - all to add to the atmosphere

e: i also noticed another sim is introducing rain..... with thunder and lightening... that would be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
  11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I recently borrowed a friends copy of iRacing and played the demo of NetKarPro1.3. I think the most basic factor that sets the feel of these games off from rFactor1 and possibly 2 (from screens) can simply be contributed to the sun.
    [​IMG]
    In both iRacing and nkpro the sun is SUPER bright and also super white (>6500K). I like the brighter world feel but when I went back to rf1 it is easier to look at. So instead of wishing for ISI to make the sun brighter and whiter. I request the option to be able to adjust it. White balance and intensity on 2 sliders somewhere in the menu or in a cfg file if need be. I don't believe the sun is up to the track makers.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

no.. it will depend on what you will set in cfg :)
    Don't kidding.
    Don;t you want to set black level also ? ;)

13. Carbonfibre

Carbonfibre Registered

I have a simple wish for real-time setups, but with a major feature bolted on top.

Have a GUI window panel with a real-time view of your car, so you can watch the ride-height, toe-in and camber, etc, applied in real-time. Support for things like adjustable wing settings would be nice, even if the default car models don't support a visual representation from the start, I'm sure mods will have that feature a few years from now.

Okay now that's explained. Here's the master plan;

There's lots of things going on in that video, not all are relevant. But for this new proposed rFactor setup screen we could have:
    1) A dyno test - user controlled throttle and shifting with physics engine working on a tether.
    2) Rolling treadmill with various bumps to watch and test suspension settings. - user controlled speed.
    3) Standing Suspension jiggle - various settings; one could test maximum shocks compression or grounding.
    4) Wind tunnel with particle effects - rF1 already has this as a ini setting actually.
    5) Wet weather sprays - ???, Profit.

14. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

YES! That would definatelly help developing mods! If not all that features, then at least dyno.

15. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

Not seen it mentioned yet, engine blow ups leaving oil on the track or oil stained puddles when its raining or damp etc

16. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

This is what I am on about. The windshield is slightly to blame for rFactors dullness but only maybe 10%. I took this video at iRacing's default time and 12 Noon in rFactor.

17. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

iracings default time?! They only have ONE time. LOL. Anyways the iracings version of laguna has always been my favourite even though I'm not a fan of their product. But that version you just showed was hard for me to tell which was which. Did you do that track? And if so you did one heck of a job.

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I used the standard old Laguna Seca track. You can't set much on iRacing so all the adjusting was on rFactor. I set the same FOV as the lowest in iRacing. 45H = 28V with a 16:10 monitor. Adjusting the view in the cam file took some time to get right. I then removed all the head movement/shaking in rFactor. In fact there was so much movement in rfactor that when I was comparing I just assumed there was none in iRacing. In retrospect I should have left some head movement. Took 8 tries to get the rFactor run to match to satisfaction and used Vegas9 to do the side by side.

19. Adam Gutowski

Adam Gutowski Registered

sorry for interrupting, but in rF1 suspension moovement on replays and when the car is driving by the AI is always same - only in straight line up and down the carbody, and this looks strange when car have liveaxle or short/unequal wishbones and soft suspension.

Also the liveaxle mooving 3d object, is there a way to do this or it's just for independent suspension?

20. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Adjustable Prediction of Forces Used for Motion Simulation.

If I were to build a full motion sim. I would want the timing to be accurate. But the only way to make this possible would be if the linear actuators, pneumatics or hydraulics were given the order to move before they actually had to. If rFactor1 can predict placement and collisions to compensate for online latency then it should be able to output physics forces to be used in motion sims with a similar prediction model. Fully adjustable to match the hardware used.