rF2: What are you anticipating from it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Petros Mak, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Crash

Crash Registered

Yer weather & live track if it works as expected will make races very interesting, and like you say will create the sort of effect you're looking for as the track & weather changes. Guys that can adapt & cope with the changes will do well. I think I'm in trouble lmao

Setups will be damn tricky I think lol :)

The single biggest thing I want out of rfactor2 is improved driver changes for endurance events.
    I really enjoy pairing up with others and running long distance events but it's a bit unrelieable in rfactor (sometimes locks up on change or d/c's) and once you d/c you're out of the race. If rfactor2 improves the driver change/swap feature and allows re-joins in the event of a d/c it will be awesome :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2011
  2. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Ok just a thought here.

Never had an issue with driver changes. Do you run many Plugins? I was last testing the theory that ALL plugins need to be removed before trying a driver swap. It seems to be working.

For big events, like the bullrun, I suggested my mates who where taking part to a clean install with just the track and mod, no plugins, nothing....never had an issue.

Not saying its "the fix" but it might be worth looking into *shrugs*

3. Crash

Crash Registered

Yer, know about the plugins solution from the old RSC forum before it was lost :)

Nope no plugins, tried clean installs, tried the different server settings and so on...

it works probbaly 95% of the time. I once did several hours of practice with my team-mate, swapping constantly and only had 1 crash in probably 30 swaps, but we had other issues during changes though like the force feedback going awry, or the setup going screwy (felt like it was back to default, gearing was all wrong etc) in fact I'd say the setup issue is quite common. We did almost the entire race without problems but it locked up on driver change for our final stint :mad:

It seems to be worse with some mods too, our league has done quite a few endurance events with driver swaps and I reckon 95% successful changes sounds about right, certainly some have had more with messy installs and diferent plgins running etc.

Trouble is the 5% of failures always happen when you don't want them too :mad:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2011
  4. Slothman

Slothman Registered

LOL...yeh always the way.

Something else I found interesting but strange. If you do a clean install with the LITE version of rFactor it seems to effect the driver swaps less than the full version...pretty weird.

But I understand and sympathise with the issue, and can only hope it does get resolved :)

5. the_last_name_left

the_last_name_left Registered

I hope behaviour over kerbs is better - more predictable and minus the 'bug' that sometimes tips you over (esp the AI).