[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

If you don't have driver names sound, just update the event ini file-> (look the events definition in the event ini file provided with the plugin package and update the file provided by jefcam) - or use the ini file provided in the plugin package (if it is enough for you), and use the sound files done by jefcam.

2. Gerald Jacobson

Version 1.8.7 Available

- Fix TimeRemaining not working in Qualify sessions
    - Now your pit box location (computed during practice of qualify session) is kept between sessions (if track does not change), so in race, the pit location is known for your first pit stop.

3. jefcam

jefcam Registered

FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK GERALD FOR RELEASING VERSION 1.8.7. I JUST TESTED AND NOW BOTH TIME FOR QUALIFY AND 1ST PIT STOP SOUND IN RACE WORKS! LOVELY.

I just had some communication from Gerald himself that he is working on a new trigger/input for DAMAGE. GREAT!

Now a reply for TIG_green:

As I've explained my Sound Pack + Extra Events is meant to work with drivers sounds, otherwise it does not make sense. For me it makes sense that spotter says "Robert Brown, has made the fastest lap, instead of Driver No5 has made the fastest lap. Who is driver no 5?

I suggest either one of these 3 methods:

1. Go in my DefaultEvents file and delete were you find the command File=[DriverName] or sometimes the whole event. (not so recommanded)

2. Use a mic and record some driver names.

3. Contact me by PM or email and I see how many drivers names you want to be same sounding like rest of sound pack.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  4. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Thank you to GĂ©rald and Jefcam for the continuous improvement !!!

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I agree, it's better to have driver names, but I was just thinking is it possible to replace "blank" name with driver number easily. And by easily I mean just entering driver number to the code. Apparently you have to do all by recording.

I just wanted to ask if it's possible to get something universal for all mod, because driver names change mod by mod. So does driver number but it's easier to type in number than name. Anyway, I guess I have to have different sound files to each mod in order to use this feature?

Damage feature sounds cool. What about some "good luck" message from your team before the race start? :) Also "Final lap, push push!" and "Pit crew is ready to take you in" messages would be nice.

6. Gerald Jacobson

Version 1.8.8 Available

- New Penalty triggers
    Trigger: PenaltiesIncreased (when new penalty occurs)
    Trigger: PenaltiesDecreased (when you clean a penalty)
    Input: NumPenalties (number of active penalties)

- New Damage triggers
    Trigger: PartDetached (when a part just detached - beside wheels)
    Trigger: WheelDetached (when a wheel or more just detached - beside wheels)
    Trigger: MinorDamageImpact (when an impact occurs and no new damage)
    Trigger: FlatWheel (when a wheel or more just become flat)
    Trigger: Overheating (when car overheating)

NOTE: For now there is only "MinorDamageImpact", indeed it seems the data for the 8 part around the car are not correctly set for damage state (the part colored in the UI) - those values are always equals to 0 in the plugin API (no damage)
    NOTE: I did not see how to detect suspension damage or direction damage

For those two point i will ask ISI dev for support.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  7. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks to you guys for your efforts

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Work starts tonight on damage (quite demanding) and penalty triggers!

9. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Suspension damage and direction change are the same thing. In rF1 when you hit the wall hard you damaged suspension and then you could not drive straight. The car pulled on one side.

10. jefcam

jefcam Registered

[​IMG]

2 events for penalty ready, (10 new sound files)
    5 events for damage ready.(25 new sound files)

Testing on the way

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2015
  11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Hey Jefcam, I have managed to add my leagues driver list to the soundpack and it was a success, Now i am thinking can i do the same for mods, for example I have a very good f1 2015 mod i use offline that uses the real teams and drivers, if i add those drivers names will the soundpack/spotter plug in use them or does it only work with real drivers ?

12. Gerald Jacobson

As soon as the filz name is equals to rf2 name, it will work.

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Thanks gerald, I have made the F1 drivers .wav files according to the mods driver selection in game, just about to try it now and i'll report back.

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

It works !!

15. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Yes PRC Steve, as Gerald Jacobson told you the important thing is that the wav files (driver names) is exactly the same as seen in the game.

Enjoy!

ps new version coming out most probably this evening

16. MMartin

MMartin Registered

Hi Jef, just to told you that the pack you provided for my league it's OOK!!! Very nice do drive with the real driver names :)

Thanks a lot to Gerald for this fantasitc plugin :)

17. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Hard to keep up with all these improvements :)

18. jefcam

jefcam Registered

We keep you informed:

Again I take the opportunity to thank Gerald!

So version 1.7 will have the following:

- Added time 1hr, 30mins, 20mins, 10mins, 5mins, 3mins, 1 minute and ended to all qualifying events (now that Gerald has made the fix!)
    - Added Event=FinishedPractise and Event=FinishedWarmup which spotters says 'You have been disqualified'. This for practise and warmup events (for qualify and race already exists and more complicated that this).
    - New Event=Penalty (5 random wav files for when you can a penalty)
    - New Event=PenaltyServed (5 random wav files for when you served you penalty in pits).
    - New Event=DamagePartDetached (5 random wav files for when you loose a part or wing from car - VULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamageWheelDetached (5 random wav files for when you loose a wheel - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamageFlatTyre (5 random wav files for when you have a puncture - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamagePartDetached (5 random wav files for when you loose a part or wing from car - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK
    - New Event=DamageOverheating (5 random wav files for when your engine starts smoking - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE OFF FOR EVENT TO WORK

- New Event=DamageMinor (10 random wav files for when you hit wall or other car - INVULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE ON

This event DamageMinor will be disabled by default. Let me tell you why? If it is enabled with the others it does not make sense. Example: You hit wall and loose a wheel. Spotter will activate event (DamageWheelDetached) and say "You lost a wheel!" at the same time because you hit the wall/car event (DamageMinor) will say "You have minor damage, keep going" Which does not make sense. No wheel keep going!

So if you are playing in your league/offline using INVULNERABILITY OFF which means using damage, leave the event (DamageMinor) disabled as in default.

In case you are playing with INVULNERABILITY ON which means no damage, in that case enable (DamageMinor), as the other events for loose wheel or part will not run. To enable event (DamageMinor) all you have to do is remove the words DISABLED from event name in the file Default_Events.ini. (Everything will be documented).

Another note just for your information: The 10 sound files for when you hit the wall (Damage Minor) have an extra 2 sec silence in the beginning of wav file. So that spotter does not tell you that you do not have damage just as you hit the wall. At least there is a 2sec until radio enginners watch his monitors than he tells you that everything is fine!

Questions can be answered. Let me know your feedback and comments.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  19. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

"New Event=DamageMinor (10 random wav files for when you hit wall or other car - VULNERABILITY OPTION MUST BE ON"

Just to clarify.. Invulnerability is set to OFF ??

20. jefcam

jefcam Registered

In rFactor2 options ---> difficulty tab there is an option INVULNERABILITY which can be set to on or off. If this option is set to ON car damage is OFF. If option is OFF, then damage is ON.

Ok?