rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Exactly. ;)

2. mr71mb0

mr71mb0 Registered

How do you get those light blooms on the highlights? I have all the settings dialed up in mine but it doesn't look like that.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I get confused sometimes between what the public has, but... Sun angle? He may have also had an external filter or photoshop at work. However, I have seen that tech in sim, just not sure if it is a public build.

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

The effect (Bloom) can be achieved working on the HDR profile for each element/time of the day (.HDP);

BloomThreshold=1.0200 // It defines the limits for the Bloom effect application. Pixels will be affected by the bloom in function of the threshold algorithm..
    BloomOffset=0.4500 // Bloom Intensity applied in function of the threshold algorithm.

5. mr71mb0

mr71mb0 Registered

Thanks for the reply, those shots really look great and I'd love to get mine closer to this look. I'm only really a beginner here and have only raced at the default weather / time setup so I will have a play about with them tonight to see what I can get but tbh it all looks a little flat and unrealistic at the moment. Some of the shots in the latter part of this thread look stunning and show's that there is plenty to look forward to in the near future :)

I also think I need to update / re-install all my mods as although I'm running 218 I don't think I have updated the mod content. Will try a re-install with all the latest content from scratch.

6. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

I used nothing, just the game as it is. Game settings maxed and HDR profile was "Realistic clear". Time of day at 17:00 more or less and nothing more.

I never use Photoshop in my pictures. (don´t even have it installed actually)

Just some F12 at the right moment.;)

@mr71mb0: By the way, thanks for the compliment. ;)

7. 88mphTim

Cool, nice shots. So probably the angle of the sun was helpful for the effect.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I've seen the bloom effect when using the HDR profiles. But I think lighting and colours looks better without HDR profiles with the later builds, so I don't use them.

9. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you, Tim. Yes the angle makes the deal but also it is way exaggerated in those profiles since I believe are "experimental" because not all of "your" tracks have it.

But if you are planning in put it in some kind of "final version" one day, it will be very welcome. Or just keep it as optional.

@Hedlund_90: Well, I like to see actual reflections and a more realistic lighting effect overall. By not having HDR at all the environment and the cars look flat in my opinion.
    Not having HDR makes cars look opaque or like matte, and lighting looks too "yellowish".

But colours maybe looks better because the saturation is less noticeable.

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

The clear HDR profile really upgrades the game for me, even with my poor 9800gt.
    Btw, isnt the overcast profile too dark?

Great shots Foxiol.

11. Rik

Rik Registered

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes some things look better with HDR profile, but the trees at Spa for example, the dark ones becomes even darker while the bright ones becomes much brighter and it doesn't look good. And yes, the overcast profile is way too dark.

I don't think these profiles has been updated? There was a big improvement in lighting a few builds ago. After that build I haven't used HDR profiles because the result is not the same anymore.

13. 88mphTim

14. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Wow...damn I WANT IT NOW!! :cool:

15. tjc

tjc Registered

:cool:

This is looking really good.

:)

16. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Just stunning. Brilliant. :cool:

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

Very impressive. :)

18. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Silverstone is such an important track used by so many of the big racing series. So good to see it's being recreated to such a high standard.

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Very good indeed, grats ISI :cool:

20. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

Even with the odd touch of radioactive red, these shots look superb. This is a different level to what we've seen before. Have the BRDC seen them? How have they reacted?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.