rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

That is true, I have had numerous great AI battles with NR2003, and only so little issues. I really wish that rF2 would have something like that, but it is a long shot. And while online is what it is, I pretty much do only modding with the game.

2. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Perfectly raceable?

Which is why I did 20-30 standing starts the other night (they do the same on rolling, only usually they jam on the brakes) and not ONCE did T1 go down even somewhat nicely? I actually started recording it was so laughable at Mid Ohio. Every last time some AI moron would pile up in T1. Tried PBIR, LRP, Mid Ohio, Skips, Vettes (never mixed ofc)- on a variety of aggression settings, same result every last time. After wasting 45 minutes trying to get something where half the field actually survived, I went elsewhere. The field did actually make it half way through a lap at one point at Mid Ohio, then the jacked up on aggression AI decided to pull off a move that would get you suspended for a month in the real world.

Quite funny, considering in that "other sim" I play that you race actual people I haven't been involved in a T1 accident in well over 2 years now. It's clearly not like I have some crazy driving style, though when the field moves so slowly it is hard NOT to pass 15 cars in one lap.

The AI only resembles something passable when you race 2 or 3 of them at a time. They absolutely cannot handle passing, something that plagued Gm2 and basically ruined multiclass racing. Also, on an unrelated note, I was racing Vettes at Poznan - I was lapping 4 seconds quicker than the AI. I got in the lead late (starting at back of somewhat large grid) - somehow the 2nd place AI driver started driving 3 seconds a lap or so faster. Just out of the blue. 3rd place finished ~15 seconds back. What is this, Need for Speed?

Online racing may be cool, but it's an epic fail in a mod environment on top of open server racing being pure crap. So this isn't even a racing sim at this stage, it's a driving game. The AI is completely useless and unusable - to a state where even pCars gives a better AI racing experience. :/

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well you've had vastly different results than me, I've run gts at Ohio, lime rock, essington, mills all without major problems. Skips at lime rock have also worked just fine, no turn one crashes that resulted in mass pile ups.
    Are you sure you're not wanting the ai to be 100% "safe"? Cos that don't happen in real life!

I'll agree there are problems but from videos posted by others in this forum is been their driving causing the problems!

What's needed is a thread more dedicated to the problems and solutions instead of random posts hidden in meaningless threads with no actual proof. I'll get one started soon as I've kept a list of issues, will also get video evidence.

ISI have been improving the ai since the start and I know they're continuing its development, it's about time we chipped in and helped them.

4. taufikp

taufikp Registered

The reflection on driver's visor is great.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Lololol

6. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

AIW aint too bad on my PC.
    *shrugs*

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

+1

8. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

uhm in these days i'm thinking that AC can be a challenger in the all levels of grip losses during a spin.
    The behavior is incredible.

9. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

O it's fine when it's not too bad, we'll talk again when it's just bad.

10. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

Can you elaborate on that for a noob?

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

U here to worship pcars?

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol H

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Still haven't played it, from videos it looks really good, but still seems to have the damn overly forgiving overly slow and nice and easy, propose built drift car, oversteer physics, which drives me crazy.

In real life you can have very quick occurring oversteer, and snap oversteer, I don't see this in AC, all oversteer is just a nice, smooth, linear, friendly drift, as if they were driving one of those built for drifting drift cars.

Also, in real life there is something called the pendulum effect, where once a spin goes too far it's almost impossible to save it from there on, this doesn't seem to exist in AC videos as I see people correct the car when it's almost pointing backwards lol, then they praise the physics because they don't spin and feel it's their skill and perfect God given physics that's keeping them on the road, rather than these "user friendly" overly "gentle and forgiving" physics issues that still seem to be there from Netkar Pro.

But who's going to complain if something is too easy, as long as it "FEELS" good, right? They will just tell themselves it's like that in real life too, and it was all down to their great driving.

Mid corner physics seem good, under braking transitioning to turn-in seems very good indeed, after turn-in but pre-apex seems good as well, some weirdness in the near end of mid-corner transitioning to early part of exit phase, but really it's hard to comment with more detail until I play it (computer down, upgrading). Overall much different to Netkar Pro (thank God), and the only sim I'd consider up there with RFactor 2 at the moment (Reiza is very good too, some iracing cars are good too).

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  14. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

you have to try the demo then =)

Don't watch only the users video.. try it, i have a smile when you speak about "pendulum".
    The lotus has a lot of understeer too.. it depends how you introduces "the mass" in a corner.

The pendulum effect (subtle controlled) is also the secret for 1.22.xxx in Magione.

Bye Nik

15. Davy TASB

Davy TASB Registered

Beam me up snotty! :p

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  16. Gaz Mclean

Gaz Mclean Registered

I like both asseto and rf2, im much more competitive in rf2 tho fsr. Both fun to drive with good ffb. Ill def buy both of these and cancel my iracing sub which just feels bland and boring to drive now and good races are so few and far between.

Looking forward to see the mods which come to both titles, some great 1s already taking shape for asseto.

I think were still about 5 yrs away from a truly ground braking race sim. hybrid of asetto graphics & physics, rf2 ffb, weather and live track and sheer fun to drive and iracings ui, comps, laser scanned tracks. professionalism. Still don't think anyone's nailed the sounds yet tho.

17. racechicken

racechicken Registered

Ouch. That can be hurt some other developer. :D
    Still two questions left:
    - Damage model?
    - Multiplayer and MP options?

18. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

I will add some more:
    Rain?
    Day/night transition?
    Actual fps with more than one car actually?(rf2 build 240-silverstone 3 cars and everything full i have same fps as AC tech demo actually that makes me really curios now and there is half of the game missing)
    pitstops?

It might be that AC will have bit more easy modding tools but some people still dont get it actually that a car or track will never be done more easy with those tools, it might give you bit more easy ingame process but that is nothing from the work behind that. Tools provided by game dev are usually only ingame exporters and maybe in AC some physics tool but that doesnt makes it more modding friendly actually.

But iit really does look great in that video. Somehow that game reminds me alot on shift2 actually.

19. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

At this point AC seems to best *complete package*. It is consistent in graphics, physics and general playability. Consistent doesn't necessary mean it is the most precise, or best, but that you always know what you get. That is very important with any game. Then what I know about of the modding part, that is just pure gold.

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

that does indeed look very very good, cant wait to play it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.