rF2 biggest challenger?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Actually i have completly no idea what we will get there. i know nothing sofar about the game or the modding itself.
    We only know sofar that it looks good, hehe
    Modding, well im not sure there yet, what was told sofar and that one screen of ingame exporter its like nothing sofar.
    Everybody that is selling something will tell us to that is mod friendly, has great easy tools and so on. Nobody will go and tell you right away its hard to deal with them overall.
    Rf1 was actually easy to work with but still people didnt try to get used to 3ds max ingame process and rather used 3dsimed wich was lacking alot with shader problems.
    That "consistent" are refering just to the videos and screens and the tech demo? You shouldnt relly in any case on that. The fps in the final game will drop dramaticly, i can ensure you that. No i dont have it but that tech demo is sooo streched down from track to the car itself. Back at rf1 time when the first beta or alpha was released it was same case. Even that rf1 was mod friendly as example gtr2 as older game and far from beeing as mod friendly survived until today and still beeing worked on. Beside F1 mods on rf1, gtr2 ruled on gt and endurance cars overall and would probably be more playable if multiplayer would be better.
    Ive sayed it allready ill let them surprise me but im not puting any hopes into some video or screens sofar and i think we were all disapointed by many games in such deciving all those years from f1, shift, simbin and even by ISI at some point.

2. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Hard to understand why they would just lie about it, but the information that has come from official sources tells me a story of easy asset integration into a game engine. Sure it does not help you to model cars and tracks or edit textures nor it should. One of the key features is the ability to select and adjust shaders in-game "showroom", so that you only need to import 3D files and textures. In rF, you need to adjust shaders in Max or 3DSimed, and then export, launch game, pick car, pick track, pick practice/testing whatever........ It is very tedious and time consuming when you want to make many, but small adjustments. Other thing is that AC will have pretty much only dozen shaders, which all are well thought out and functional. Not tons rF shaders which of 80% are broken/unsupported one way or another without any official documentation (I am mainly talking about car modding, track modding seems to be better documented).

Can't comment on physics modding, no one seems to know nothing about it. But if rF2 best and only tool is the horrible tire tool designed in 90's by engineers to engineers, it is not hard to beat that. All the rest rF1/2 physics tools were third party software, and thank god for those.

Sure I am talking about game not even released yet, but I am not that pessimistic that I should except for the worst. rF2 let me bit cold, so it is only forward from here.

Oh yeah, and Blender support ;)

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Not lying but product must be sold ;) I can only hope sofar it will be good. I like it sofar but i do hope they get it out soo.
    As we are allready in july and there is talk on pre-order only sofar it looks like release is months away. Lets hope for the best but lets hope rf2 to get somewhere to, sofar it did soe good progress.

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

What I'm still missing in rFactor, is how car behave/move on a track. AC and iR somehow make them look more realistic than rF. Is it just because all those micro bumps thanks to laser scanning? Much more advanced suspension model? I don't know... but for sure, the above video is a prove in AC cars look much more natural and "organic".

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I think this is all down to replay fidelity. Have you ever looked at the file size for an iRacing replay? It is insane. My guess is the replay physics work more or less on the same level as AI do. If the replay had more fidelity, the full physics engine could probably run for the players car.

6. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I see that you like the word 'sofar' :) :)

7. Marek Lesniak

Yes and I don't mind its bigger size at all. I have lots of free space on my HDD.
    We have "replay fidelity" slider in rFactor and I always set it to "Full". I don't see any reason, why we would not have better fidelity than we have right now :)

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Correct but even on full the file size doesn't even come close to the size of an equal length iRacing replay.

9. Marek Lesniak

Yes, exactly! That's why I don't mind if we could have more fidelity (call it "Ultra" or whatever) that will show all the goodies with rF 2 physics (assuming, rF 2 can provide that kind of fidelity).

10. Johannes Rojola

Sure it can, you can see it when driving and changing view to some other camera than cockpit. I would like to see that in replay as well, of course the level of fidelity would be selectable.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't understand this thread is so old.

My response over a year ago was it does not have a equal online ........of the titles I have tried.
    ( I not interested in paying a grand to play games. )

Every other title I have now feel odd and lifeless , they did 18 months ago.
    No story there ? Seriously ? You still need to think about it ?

Who cares about graphics and menus it is about the drive, that I all that matters.

I would rather put up with online bugs then drive anything feels inferior because it is less buggy. ? lol ?

I would rather have to restart every single room in rF2 forever then ever go back to any other sim, or a DLC one.

The other new titles , RRE, AC, pCARS, yadda they do not even rate for me they are not my idea of a down and dirty online sim.

AC and pCARS look more like something I want to put on my chest of drawers and look at.

If that sounds like silly fanboy rantings charge me as guilty your honor.

12. Marek Lesniak

Ummm, yeah but it might be hard to drive a whole lap real-time using trackside cameras (to be able to watch that "great fidelity" while driving) ;) I hope, at some point they bring that kind of replay fidelity to rF 2.

13. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Got the tech demo...It's okay for what it is, not a great fan of the interface to be honest. No way to compare it with anything, one car, one track. Well if you cant get decent frame rates in that configuration your in deep do do.

Yes it looks nice, but until it has AI, weather, online and all them other bells and whistles I certainly can't come to any conclusions on it.

As for pace of development...Well there is still, one car and one track.

14. Johannes Rojola

I have done lot of testing with softer suspension cars, and I can say that the realtime visual representation of the physics and tires is pretty darn awesome. The problem is that it never shows in replays...

15. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I think the fidelity of the replays is limited by the architecture of the system.

My guess is that, if the replay architecture was a perfect representation of the real-time physics, the replay size might be really HUGE ...and more long the race, more the hundreds of MB. :)

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Exactly the same here.

17. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

18. Blue fellow

Blue fellow Registered

I was very disappointed with the UI. To be honest, I'll take rFactor 2's dated UI over it. I didn't like the way everything had to slide in it's fancy way. It just added half a second delay to everything. Or to change the car's colour, you had to click the little "i" and then find the colour circle. And then the box of colours appears, but as you try to click it, it has to slide over to the right just a little bit.

Or take time of day, you have to click the time so they can show the box popping out, and then you can move the slider. Why not just put the slider below the time of day to begin with? There's plenty of room for it. And click time of day does not show any more options or anything.

19. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Yeah I agree the UI is not as good as folks would lead u to believe. Not too bad, though. One major fail is the orange squares look like so etching is selected but it isn't unless there is a checkmark in it so they should have made the box gray. Actually not a major fail but it is irksome whenever people go out of there way to make something worse.

20. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.