Rennsport (Game) use physic construction from rFactor2

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by haunetal1990, Sep 30, 2023.

1. Frederick Alonso

Frederick Alonso Registered

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    haunetal1990 and elgagon like this.
  2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

The statement sadly missed the opportunity to adress the accusations of using core physics code from another sim...

Havner and Seven Smiles like this.
  3. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

That seemed intentional... They make a lot of remarks about implementing support for common formats (motec data), licensing code (unreal), but seemed to go out of their way to not directly say either "we wrote our own implementation of a physics engine" or "we licensed parts of our physics engine".

Last edited: Oct 3, 2023
    Havner likes this.
  4. RotaxRacing46

RotaxRacing46 Registered

Very interesting!

I have informed the police today. They are aware now and investigate it.

haunetal1990 likes this.
  5. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

If I have the DLC Physics, I can show they copy 1:1 the Physics.
    but I haven‘t, so..

Frederick Alonso likes this.
  6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

7. Havner

Havner Registered

This of course is purely an opinion on my part, but the way I see it is as follows.

Putting aside all the details about whether those are just file formats, whole physics engine (of which they obviously had little chance to acquire illegally) or simply car parameters they either did something shady (however big or little it was) or they didn't. There is no other option.

And with the statement they made, reading through it and through all they things this statement did not address, as in it didn't address the accusations in the slightest which of those before mentioned options is more likely? For me the one where they indeed did something shady. Again, pure speculation and opinion on my part.

But if you think about it, why wouldn't they simply deny all the accusations if they weren't true? Why put the all this corpo/law speak that tells us completely nothing except the fact they are aware of the accusations? Why go all the way to make an impression like they deny them without actually denying them?

EDIT: the only situation that comes to mind where they couldn't really answer is if they did license something but their NDA wouldn't allow them to even speak they licensed something. But we know S397/MSG didn't license them anything, so there is that.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2023
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

regarding the use of similar formats, GTR2 was a licensed product of the rF1 engine. Yet every file, from tire files, to suspension pieces and on and on had different extensions. It was 100% compatible with rF1 but every part was renamed to keep GTR2 separate. I would suspect that Rennsport would also rename files even IF they had legally obtained the base code. The fact they did NOT rename the bits & pieces....

shovas likes this.
  9. Jeroen Goudeseune

Jeroen Goudeseune Registered

10. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Wow! That will take them hundred of dev years :rolleyes: They can certainly claim it's "custom made" and "created by our internal teams" when they've done that. </sarcasm>

The Iron Wolf and haunetal1990 like this.
  11. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Anyone knows what "ISI Technology" means? They make it sound like it's a new physics engine but I can only think of the rFactor 1 engine.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

ISI made rF2.

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  13. Binny

Binny Guest

14. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

I think it‘s like an challenge. The challenge to show more and more pictures and the results are more and more statements.
    Sorry, Rennsport. I haven‘t time til monday.

But Rennsport have my respect. Respect for Statements and to say: YES, it‘s ISI physics code. It‘s not the 100% Truth, but a answer

15. Emery

Emery Registered

And I believe rF2 evolved from the core of rFPro that's long since been independent of ISI.

16. Bernat

Bernat Registered

rFactor 2 is now property of Studio 397. ISI can't license the rFactor 2 engine.

I know what ISI is, I just don't know what "ISI Technology" means.

17. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

ISI is the GOD of simracing, all is coming from ISI, and RENNSPORT is dead, they have shooted their foot.

grudevart likes this.
  18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

rFpro is a fork or rF1 that began in 2007. It is not connected to rF2 any more than rF1 is. rFpro as a company is separate, with the only connection being that now ISI no longer operate as a studio the ISI staff are working for rFpro because they know the engine.

Travis, Emery and Lazza like this.
  19. Myrvold

Myrvold Registered

I've spent the last week going throught the "Career Mode" from GTQ to GT World in Sports Car GT. Can I now say that I've tried the earliest alpha of Rennsport? :D

Like I mentioned over at RD though, I wonder if the tyre model they use are closer to the ISI-original or the S397-rework.

Oh @88mphTim I remeber I visited a driving development facilitiy quite some years ago, was told they used rF, so I was really looking forward to being able to try the mythical rFpro. I was a tiny bit disappointed when it genuinely was rF...

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

That was, unfortunately, very common. When I was licensing rF1 and rF2 commercially people would say they did not want those and instead wanted rFpro because that's what they used somewhere else in another sim center. I then had to make them believe the truth, that they did not try rFpro and never will. Made things really awkward when people did that.