Renault Clio physics is wrong

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by benoityip, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Maybe an obsolete question, but did you do laps on a rubbered in track? I feel the behaviour of the car, especially the rear at turn-in, is much more stable with a rubbered in track.

2. Alamartimo

Alamartimo Registered

Yes I did. All other 19 cars had done their laps (going out of fuel) and then I started to push as hard as I could.

And your right. The car gets more stable but I still think you get sideways to easy and still getting away with it to easy.
    I'm not an experienced driver (just done some racetests in a couple of diffrent cars over the years) so I wouldn't be able to handle that in a real racing car like I do in game. I would have gone off track for sure.

Still I think its good. I'm having alot of fun. But it could also be worked on abit to get the grip level abit better and make the snap abit more aggressive making it harder to handle when it goes sideways.
    This is my opinion.

3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Has overheating tyres influence on grip levels already, or that still is not implemented yet? If not, then when it will be, you might expect to experience more aggressive over and understeer.

4. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I think that it is as I did test turning it off in last build and it clearly made difference.

I have this comment from Niels that I have not quite fully understood yet, it is from 2007 so might be well obsolete data already.

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

OK, thanks. I remember in first few builds that wasn't implemented yet and since then didn't do any tests.