[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

That has to be the mother of all typo's there. lol
    I was thinking wow that's generous.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

lol... :D

Go on Hedlund...

You can afford it mate. ;)

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I was thinking of our swedish krona, not dollars :eek:

We can give him 150 together ;)

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You gave us The Mother Pleclair, many versions actually, you have given the community loads of enjoyment and fun. Something to be very proud of man. (and lord knows how many people enjoy this without ever posting about it and will keep doing so in the future)

But you gotta stay realistic as well, the way you open up the debate, inviting people to test, voice opinions, help out.....what can you expect? one does never go without the other and you just need to toughen up a bit.
    Or create something and then release like many others do. No questions asked.

If you want to work for a developer one day in any shape or form you gotta be able to take the bullet as well and not let it get to you.

As with anything creative its your view that matters the most, as long as you did your best and you are happy, who cares about others?
    In fact, who cares about people even liking it? its just ego man. so what is in it for you? the likes? glorification? or the enjoyment of the creative process and releasing something you are proud of?

Remove the ego, start enjoying it again. if peeps like it, all the better, if they don't, tuff luck.
    But by the looks of this massive thread i'd say there's 85% likes and/or positive re-enforcement over a bunch of negatives ones so i'm not even sure why u mad bro.

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I haven't tried this new version yet, but from your video it looks nice!

6. TJones

TJones Registered

Good post Denstjiro, really good points!

Pleclair you should ask yourself, do you enjoy the work on the Nords or not. You shouldn't make your decision depending on other people's opinion.

You are free, you don't have any sort of obligation to anyone, even to those who donated (which i'm one of them). There is no need to work most of your free time on the project.

Keep in mind, there is also a possibility, that youre work get recognized by someone who is looking for talented track desighners. He might offer you an interesting job then.

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think he needs the 64bit client to fix his current limitations.. So like all my projects a break is required.

BREAK TIME!

Get your world sorted and come back with a fresh head.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hi all

not sure if I downloaded the right one, I downloaded the 1.65 beta at the top of the list on the opening post,

there's a big hole in the pit car park (where the car starts) that the car can fall through and holes I'm a few other areas too

is everyone getting this?

9. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

LOL!!! :D

Would be generous yeah (assuming you're not one of those rich suckers :p) but to be honest nothing compared to the amount of work he has done for rF2 Schleife and us. I think it would be very nice from us all to donate him - for the difficult and hard work he has done so far. Enough of thank this and thank that - let's really show him our appreciation! :) To have some weight in my words made my first PayPal donations today and it was really easy and painless procedure. If you've never done it before now it's perfect time to check it out! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Link to PayPal donation at Pleclair's first posting of this thread. Go go go! Or should I say green green green! :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2014
  10. Cousin_Ken

Cousin_Ken Registered

This Mother was priced at $9.27 per mile, and Pierre-André, if your still listening, it was, is, and will continue to be worth it. I look forward to many more happy events here and wish you the same.

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

To many doinks comparing this version (conversion) to pCars and AC version.

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tried it, not bad but I don't like those fantasy curbs and I hope you eliminate them!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
  13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Precisely.

15. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I think the bulk of the comments were PM's. I've been in this thread since the beginning and only a page or so ago have things gone very mildly negative. It is a consensus that the curbs are not what "the people" want. Pleclair even stated that "in a future update" when he got around to it he would go over them again and lower or remove as necessary.

I was OK with them for the time being. He obviously did all the work on them during his hiatus where we could give no feedback to him. The progress of the trees was a great step forward and the curbs a relatively small step back. I am not sure what single event triggered his abrupt dismissal but I / we can only hope it is a break and not a real quitting. So much love has been poured over this track and will keep being poured over, curbs or not.

16. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

As he should and is his choice, when it's not fun anymore that is reason enough. People suddenly 'appreciating'
    him (only) after he leaves for their own selfish reasons won't change any of that either I reckon..

17. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Oh yes, was too busy to comment on new trees in the past but remember it was really strong WOW!-moment when first saw those (forest would be better term btw! :))

I'm pretty frustrated because of those excessive negative comments made Pleclair to leave rF2 modding but agree it's also true he should thicken his skin a bit and think over what things really matter. Famous Finnish hockey coach has wise words for these negative feedback moments Pleclair experienced; stop, analyze, make conclusion and move on. Well OK, basically it's exactly what he did ;) but what this famous coach really means is you need to be objective/unbiased towards yourself and analyze feedback like you were judging someone else. This way one can put his silly ego aside and see more clearly when feedback is something you can build/grow on and when it's something you can let in from one ear and let go from another. :)

And about what things really matter. Well of course feedback is important to guide one to stay on right path but I don't believe it's something to base the whole doing on. Instead, at least in my life and me personally, it's best to work for yourself. To enjoy results mainly by your own judgement and not others. Besides, if you let yourself feel good (or at least too good) when others praise your achievements then at the same time you're building ground for moments when you will feel very unhappy as people give negative feedback. This is something I learned from a great little book called Awareness written by Anthony de Mello (or maybe it's named Awakening).

18. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Yes of course but I believe he lost the fun part for wrong reasons. Surely every track project will come to it's inevitable end at some point and could imagine it would be difficult moment for a modder but also at the same time big relief to be finally able to let go. Was he at that point yet? Based on his plans and visions probably not. On the other hand probably not far away either. Which also makes me feel bit unhappy.

For selfish reasons; of course for example I would like to see him doing what he loves to do in rF2 and not on any other title. But, believe or not, the main reason why I would like to see him in rF2 is because truly believe it's the best racing simulation there is and will be for a long long time. If I'm not completely mistaken the racing part is also very important to him.

Oh well, time will heal... :)

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Have I stated anything else than what you're saying? :)

Go back a few pages and read what I wrote in response to him leaving.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14150-RELEASE-Nordschleife-Tourist-v1-65-beta?p=281941&viewfull=1#post281941
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/14150-RELEASE-Nordschleife-Tourist-v1-65-beta?p=282075&viewfull=1#post282075

To sum it up, I applaud his choice, and completely understand it from an artist's point of view.
    Hopefully he'll find another community where he feels more at home and appreciated. That's all that matters.

20. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I know and mainly agree, I wanted to remind people :)