[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I know it was not for me but I still don't think it is relevant. Maybe you should read his words again and think what was the video about.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great, let's start an argument about who the video was aimed at and what it meant as if it matters beyond pleclair and the person who posted it. Maybe we could revisit the same argument every couple of pages for months on end since there's no point in doing that with the curbs any longer.

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

lol, I missed the last 10 pages:( too bad he is gone, but for me he has done a great work with this version. Yes some corners are off specially the last sector, but over all it is a nice track.

4. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Hi,
    I want to complain about the curbstone :)

:) :) :)

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

LOL sorry about my yesterday emotional highsider but ...

back to topic yesterday Fonisimo did a very ambivalent post in the share your fun thread. The constuctive part of his post was to ask or suggest how it can goes forward with this amazing track.
    I've done yesterday the first try with 1.65. It had took some time to find the right balance between eye candy and FPS but the result was one of this magical amazing rF2 expirences. You know this real special I'm inside feeling.

How you see the future of this project ? Is it possible to bring it forward ?
    Of course it can only happen with permission.
    Is it wrong to ask ? Is it real over ?

6. gagipro

gagipro Registered

We have to reimport com8 rf1 version and make a fork :)

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I believe..

8. gagipro

gagipro Registered

Just wait 64 bits max exporter, too huge for 32 bits version.

9. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Pleclair did huge work on this track and big THANKS to him. I wish Tosch could continue his work cause screens he put in sceenshot thread looked like great improvement!

10. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Looks like Pleclair is now modding on other platform... good to see he's back.... Not here unfortunately...
    :(

11. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

12. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I don't think that i can post a link o another game's forum... All i can say is that he is working on GTR Evo's nord for assetto corsa!!! And it looks amazing!!!

Here's the video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHa9V_PJJDE

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
  13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Thanks preclair for all the efforts you have put into this track. I would like to wish to the best luck in what you decide to do next. I support your decision and I think it is the best thing you could have decided. Enjoy your family and friends.

14. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

To be honest I don't understand why he would put a lot of work in a Nordschleife version for Assetto Corsa because AC will get its own laser scanned version which is planned for later this year. Plus he won't be able to share his version with the public, because, well, it's SimBin's intellectual property in the end, and I'm sure they don't want to see their stuff in other platforms like they explained in their open letter to the community some years ago.

I like pleclair's Nordschleife conversion for rF2, even though it does have some minor flaws like the heavy dust coming off from curbs and the track surface under braking. And the curbstones have been beaten to death already, I won't start with that. Other than that, it's a great version he should be proud of instead of letting some negative comments get to him personally. People complain about such small things because the track is already great and can get even better if those few things would get changed. People would use it for years to come. And no matter how old the base version actually was, I still find it highly impressive that for the most parts it's still pretty accurate. There's a reason this track was (and still is) so popular in all kinds of different platforms.

But converting a Nordschleife version from a commercial title to AC (or any other title of course) seems to be a very bad decision now in my opinion. Not only because of the legal reasons, but because people will stop using it (if it was possible to release it anyway) once the laser scanned version is released.

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

+1, please come back to rF2 Pleclair !!!

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

I tried to talk to him about these issues at the start of his work on Nords here. Now, the same poor judgement will likely end up in a situation with tears. pleclair is obviously determined to do things the hard way, unfortunately. I wish him the best personally, but I think most of his energy and enthusiasm will once again be wasted :(

17. RNeves

RNeves Registered

In the AC forum he says that that track version is really easier to convert than his, because of the trees and stuff.... He also said that if he could bring the Simbin track to life on AC, he will consider converting it to RF2.... So be patient....;)

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

He prefers one piece of software over the other, I think it's time for you fellas to move on. Anyway, for someone with no money he sure seems to have lots of games. :p

19. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

It pains for me to say, but this is very much true :(.
    AC already has a 3rd party Nords by a guy called Snoopy built on a conversion from the Com8's track, looks great too.

What is more sad is rfactor2 Nords is not working to well in the new Unstable rfactor build, the trees are missing.

20. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hi all,

To me, a total newb, this track is the best thing ever, except for AI. I thought AI it was great on v1.5. Then v1.6 the AI got dumb and slow. With v1.65 I pretty much have to run a perfect line just to barely keep up with AI. Oh sure I can give AI a Honda Civic or other standard home appliance like that and beat it, but I need to practice the battle. The AI setting slider has no effect in v1.65 that I can tell... or beat.

So, if anyone gets in touch with Pleclair, I'd like to hire him to "fix" AI in v1.65 so I can vary it, even if it means a 'special edition' for slow-pokes like me.

Cheers,
    JR

PS: does the start 'horn', tree or whatever its called work for anyone with this track? I have to watch the AI cars brake lights to know when to go.