[Relased] EuskoBiela DEUNACITY for rFactor2

Discussion in 'Locations' started by borimoli, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Nice track... good flow... elevation changes... different types of turns... I could live without all the political statements... but it's a nice track. Would it possible to release a politically neutral track? Oh, one other question... without having to go to babelfish... exactly what are you encouraging us to vote "no" on??? LOL!

Great track... Thank you,

BB

1 person likes this.
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It would be confusing to have different versions of the same track just for sponsors. We won't promote that in Euskotracks. If you want to change sponsors you can do it by yourself and repack it. The MAS files are nor encrypted. The message is not political but social, claiming for justice and freedom. Maybe the author can give you more info. I'll tell him about this post.

3. borimoli

borimoli Registered

The messages that I put in the track are politically neutral, It just says that we don´t trust politicians. It was not a personal idea but lots of friends told me that It could be a good idea. There are also some Peace symbols... But be sure that it was not my intention to bother you with these things. My only intention was to make a funny street circuit. And for me it´s not a problem if anyone wants to change this kind of messages.

Let me finish this motto "Make love not war" ;-)

thanks all and enjoy the track!!!

4. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It's fine with me, I don't drive around with chip on shoulder.

5. Bryan Birtwell

Ummm... No chip on my shoulder.

Moveon.org and greenpeace are about as left as anyone could possibly get...

I didn't think that a track would be the proper forum for political statements... one way or the other... That's all.

I was smiling when I wrote that post... I'm smiling as I write this one... I'm smiling when I'm running this track or the other's with this type of signage... I can choose to ignore the signs.

And to tell the truth, you're reading into my post something that's just not there.

If you question this... How come Canyelles has been running on my server (F3 Fanatics), for the last 23 hours?

It's got peace signs too... And for those that don't know... a "peace sign" is a representation of an upside down, broken cross... I do find that offensive. Yet... there's the track on my server.

Love Ya, Bye

Bryan

6. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Bryan, That was a generic remark, not pointed at you. I've seen a whole lot worse than those signs on the track, just driving to work.

7. Bryan Birtwell

Cool, I can stop looking for the chip... I want to go race!

Me too Jim. My computer shop is in Bisbee, AZ. It's an "arts" town. An interesting town, to put it mildly. And, it's an interesting read, if you ever get the chance to look it up... You'll find plenty to read. There's some stuff about me too!!! Don't believe everything you read now... LOL!

I guess I'm just from a different planet and don't see the need for it on the tracks... I guess I mean... What's wrong with Firestone... Good Year... STP... Koni... on and on. Unless Moveon.org sponsors races these days... But, I digress...

I would also like to point out that, this is now dealing with only one of the two points my original post made...

I love these tracks, and find them to be of the highest quality. A little more grip for these little F3s might be nice, but once rubbered in... man, they are fun!

Over and out,

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  8. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Not to belabor the point, but regardless of whether it's reasonable or not, I find the signs distracting and unnecessary at best and at worst will discourage others from running this track which would be a shame so whether someone SHOULD relax or feel a certain way or let something go is immaterial so all things being equal I believe this track is going to be less popular b/c these signs. That's all I have to say on the subject so not going to debate it.

1 person likes this.
  9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

[​IMG]

It actually lightened my heart and I had a laugh, they distracted me for about 0.001 on a lap. :)

Is it any worse then simbin, rfactor, track makers names plastered everywhere.

I respect every ones belief, it should be up to the individual to make their own minds.

But would sadden me to think peoples attitude I know may change depending on whether I host it or
    join it.

Either way you damned if you do damned if you don't. hehehe

Peace man.

10. Bryan Birtwell

Just for the record... I'm sorry I said anything at all... Please forgive me.

Bryan

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hey Brian, no need to ask for forgiveness!

I find your comments really interesting despite I don't share them all :). If you talk about Greeanpeace it is true that you can associate it with a left mentality. However, it is difficult to find a right party ralated association that defends justice, freedom, environment, ... Greenpeace is not a political party and hence I don't agree as a referral to politics. We have been seeing races for years with tobacco and alcohol ads and I don't think people stopped from watching Senna and Prost on the track. Is this worse? It is the right of the author of the track to freely promote whoever he wants within the limits of the Right of "Freedom of Expression". I prefer promoting Greenpeace rather than Shell or any other company earning millions that does not care a damn about our world. If you look in detail in black hole ring, the message in the Shell board is not politically correct either.

12. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Come on, we are at the track to RACE not to cruise around and look at the posters! If you are bothered by some board you are probably doing something wrong - like not pushing enough or not concentrating enough on your driving! :p

13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Abriel, you have missed out on the new type and style of driving ---> billboard counting. If you see two of the same kind you get 4 points.
    Point leader as of December 14th gets a free pie. Type of pie is TBA at a later date.
    We will need a sticky thread in which to register for the contest and post our sightings.
    (lol, couldn't resist)

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Nothing to forgive for mine Bryan, I understand and respect your attitude.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Never understood what the dark skinned marshall is doing in 1967 myself................. :p

[​IMG]

16. borimoli

borimoli Registered

Hi guys.
    Several colleagues inform us of a problem at turn 10 of the track. There was a misplaced kerb. From hitting the cars went flying. Problem corrected and fixed in version Deuna City 1.04.

Thanks and sorry for the terrible mistake on that curve.

updated download in the first post, and also here: http://www.racerfactor.com/foros/post21874.html#p21874

The version has been renamed to version 1.04

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Is there possibly some another link to version 1.04 because my virus protection blocks your site (claiming that it is unsafe)?

Some servers need this version so I want to have it. Rapidshare etc.? Thanks in advance.

18. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I know. But I do not like to keep any torrent programs installed :p Used your torrent once to download several tracks, but just for one track... maybe I do not have options then. But your "all tracks" torrent file is a great way to keep on track what has been puplished, thank you for that Abriel.

20. Bryan Birtwell

Ummm... You don't need to keep your Torrent program running after you're finished downloading... Just having it on your computer for when you need it isn't going to hurt anyone/anything.

Hope this helps,

BB