RealRoad questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bernat, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I'd like to better understand what RealRoad means and how it works depending on the track.

I think it gives tarmac dynamic features like the amount of rubber buildup and wetness, anything else? In RR 2.0 it also adds dynamic temperatures. Correct?

Do all tracks support RR? How do I know if a track supports RR preferably without having to spend time with the AI doing laps? Is there some visual cue or something to look for in the UI or some other tool?

If a track supports RR1.0, does it automatically support RR2.0?

The UI preset for RR shows Green and Naturally progressing. What's the difference and what could be the use of this preset?

Thanks.

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Green has no rubber. Naturally progressing will just follow on from the previous session track conditions.

Bill Worrel and Bernat like this.
  3. lagg

lagg Registered

Not all tracks have implementes RR, but it's very strange. Most of them have It implemented.
    You can't see if a track has RR without testing It, if it's not writen in the info of the circuit (Workshop notes, readme, etc)
    The change from RR1 to RR2 affects to all the tracks with RR.

Bill Worrel and Bernat like this.
  4. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

So if you set Naturally Progressing for the first practice session for the event, is that the same as Green to start?

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Unsure if it's even selectable. I would assume it would just be green, otherwise it should just start with the condition you last raced on.

Bill Worrel likes this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, the first time is green

Bill Worrel likes this.