Real Head Motion Plugin 0.1beta

Discussion in 'Plugins' started by magicfr, Jan 19, 2012.

1. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Real Head Motion Plugin 0.3beta

Hello Guys,

I was not happy with how rFactor handle the head motion in cockpit view, I explain why and how in this thread => http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/1763-For-Devs.Camera-Shaking-Why-How-to-fix-it.

This is RealHeadMotion plugin.

Here is a link where to get all information you need, how to install ,etc.
    https://sites.google.com/site/mididrumcoverpartner/rfactor2-realheadmotion-plugin

I hope you will enjoy it.

UPDATES
    - 2012/02/05 , 0.7V,very little add : Added Default Shift Translation position.Added because I needed it, when using ATI bezel compensation in 3 screen, screen is shifted right a bit. Zip updated on web site and added in attachment.
    - 2012/01/25 , Version 0.6V Remove DeltaFactor, added HighPitchFactor, and added G-Forces simulation. Also added variable to enabled/disabled each part.
    - 2012/01/22 , added a trigger to update internal values only if the EnterRealTime function is really finished, may fix the wild camera spin that occurs sometimes.
    - 2012/01/21 , added internal values check, and Reset when I found strange values.
    - 2012/01/21 , now INI file to configure the plugin, and also more control.

ps : download link is at bottom of the page.

Cheers,
    Seb

And a video from me driving with wheel this time :)
    I setup the G-Force a bit high so you can clearly see the effect on the video ;)

A video from ModMate, thanks you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

fantastic work !! really great advance in simulation !!
    ISI should implement this in their code !!

3. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Really? just tried it but ended up going back to std, it made the car feel like it was Floating along, took away the feeling of driving a bumpy old Spa track for me......I will try any future up grades but for now I prefer the ISI way :)

4. Kristoff Rand

Kristoff Rand Registered

installed it... liked it. will follow.

5. Nils

Nils Registered

thanks for that.
    To be honest, the same effect could be made by changing some numbers in the cam files(orientation rate etc), but we can´t do that....

6. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Maybe you didn't follow the instruction correctly, first you have to remove the cockpit vibration in the PLR file. Because if you don't do it, you will have the standard camera, plus my camera. I can't remove standard camaera.

7. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Maybe I missed something, but from my understanding, there is a random vibration that increased with speed.That's not the only effect they hav, but this one is very annoying. I don't do that at all,all the motion you see is what the car is REALLY doing on the track. I don't add any motion in the head. Instead I'm filtering/delaying the motion pitch and roll, so our view is more steady and we can see how the car is moving/shaking on the track.
    Anyway, use it or not, not important :D At first place I did this for me :p If other driver can enjoy it, that is cool. I like to share.

8. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

thanks for the reply but i did follow all the instructions properly but prefer the default way thanks as your way i didnt feel part of the car it was more like floating above it?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  9. ffbobo

ffbobo Registered

I like it

10. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

I have a question on plugins. You state to put this plugin at "\Jeux\rFactor2\Plugins" which can't be right I don't think. Are you saying to create a folder in the plugin folder and call it "jeux" and put the dll there? So the path would be "rFactor2/Plugins/jeux/RealHeadMotiondotdll"? If so it doesn't seem to work for me and I have edited the player.plr according to your directions. I tried putting the dll in the plugins folder directly with the same result. I must be doing something wrong. In game I can toggle the "G" key enabling and disabling plugins and see no difference.

11. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Sorry for the misunderstanding, 'Jeux' means 'Game' in French, this is my folder where I install games.
    So the dll should go directly in your rFactor2\Plugins directory.

When in game you have nothing to do, when you go on the track ,the Plugin logo should appear in top left of screen meaning, rFactor2 engine will launch the Plugins, when the logo disapear, the plugins are runnning.

12. Eaglerapids

Eaglerapids Registered

Thank you for the quick reply magicfr, I'm a bit embarrassed I couldn't figure out what "jeux" meant. It works very nicely now and I like it. Thank you for sharing. I just bought rF2 yesterday and the more I'm getting it tweeked in the more I'm loving it.

13. GonZo1312

GonZo1312 Registered

Thanks, I wil try this!
    You talked about settings in the player file, but how will this plugin be in combination with a good modelled headPhysics.ini file?
    With rF1 I used to set the player ini vibe settings to zero and the head movement in the GUI to about 50% when using a mod with good headPhysics.ini like the EOAA GT mod.

14. Jason Madigan

Jason Madigan Registered

Thank you magicfr, I just installed this a bit earlier and gave it a run. I really like what you have done with this, for me it gives a much more intuitive feeling to my cockpit view and I find I can respond to counter steer moments much more naturally ... top effort champ :)

15. magicfr

magicfr Registered

Guys,

I made a new version , in this version, I changed the way I compute the view so you can have more control on it. So there is also a INI file to configure it.
    Update in First Post and on the website.

Here the default sample, included in the ZIP file. You can download it on the webpage.

//------ Let's call Alpha the angle betwwen View Direction and Cockpit Direction
    //----- Speed for view direction to follow the cockpit
    //----- low value mean more filtering/delay,don't use negative value
    //----- High value mean stiffer view, 1 is Maximum, 1 means view is not filtered, no delay with cockpit

PitchFactor = 0.005
    RollFactor = 0.01

//------ Speed to Delta Alpha to follow the cockpit direction,
    //------ so you can control the speed of change with the speed of Alpha
    //------ negative value means the view will be more filter for high change of Alpha

PitchDeltaFactor = -0.2
    RollDeltaFactor = -0.2

//----- Angle max between view direction and cockpit

PitchMin = -25.0 //--- Max head down
    PitchMax = 5.0 //--- Max head up
    RollMin = -15.0
    RollMax = 15.0

16. Finnro

Finnro Registered

The new version doesn`t work for me. First all look fine but If i go first in the garage and after that in the cockpit the whole view turning wild.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
  17. magicfr

magicfr Registered

If you go back to menu and go back to race it is wild every time?
    You must wait that the plugin logo on top left disapear, before that, rFactor2 doesn't run the plugin. You have to wait for 20s approximatively.
    Is it online or solo?

18. Finnro

Finnro Registered

I know that i have to wait 20 sec., but the turning don't end.
    But now it works, but i don't no why?
    After some tries in the solo mode i have one time no turning view and now it's ok with every start.

19. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Installed it, like it a lot. Well done very nice work:)

I left the .dll file as it is but is that for editing or best left alone?

20. Marcos Orallo

Marcos Orallo Registered

Thank you for your plugin! I just tried it and I liked it a lot.

Just one question: is it possible to adjust the plugin so that only the camera position, and not rotation (especially pitch) is affected? I would like to try with a fixed horizon line. I think it may be more immersive when you use triple screen and a low FOV.

From what I saw in the .ini file, there are just values for pitch and roll. Does that mean that camera position is not changed (x,y,z)?