Quick dev update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, May 7, 2013.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, although this is probably an area where I would wait another month or two before modding. We also have talked about UI, but it has to be lower priority than other things right now.

2. Skynet

Skynet Registered

Thanks Tim!

3. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

It's probably far more complex than we realize, but as a G27 owner, I simply want the curbs and grass/gravel to not cause the rattle.

I wish there was a way to have unfiltered FFB on track, with filtered FFB off-track (or whatever it would take to minimize the rattle).

4. jjcook

jjcook Registered

me too

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Same here McLaren. There is an "off road multiplier" in the controller.ini or PLR but id can't stop the other bad anomalies.

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I was... and now I'm getting again.

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Thats down to the wheel you use

8. tjc

tjc Registered

Fantastic video kaptain...

Thanks for posting.

I`ve chatted with Remco various times over at SRMZ but not for a wee while now actually. Well, ever since I got my paws on rf2 actually as I haven`t driven dear old Gpl or visited SRMZ much since then.

Good to see him in action... looks like a lot of fun and good driving to be had there with that setup. :)

9. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

So in your opinion, the replay quality is of a high standard and there's no issues with any of the cars?
    I own many sims, and generally, they all drive well, there some instances where some of the cars behaviour relative to it's power to weight is questionable, but the car doesn't have controlability or precision issues.

Actually, I'm beginning to think both iracing and rf2 won't be around in a few yrs.

10. Jello

Jello Registered

:rolleyes:

Looks alright to me
    View attachment 7629

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

LOL, it looks like ass.
    Load iracing or GSC and then see how far behind this is.

12. coops

coops Banned

not happy go play another sim its that easy.

13. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

If I'm not happy I complain, it's just too bad if u or 99% of this forum doesn't like it.
    On less biased sites like ytube, you can actually engage in a sensible and friendly discussion regarding the pro's and con's of rf2 or anything, but here, if u don't love it u can leave, lol.

14. ccjcc81

ccjcc81 Registered

...Wow.

That may be a little more than I want to experience...
    That looks awesome though. Do any of you CSW users think the CSW can get near that? Was that a realistic level of force? I think I remember seeing race vids where the wheel acted like that...

15. Duvel

Duvel Registered

T500 has similar levels of power to the CSW, and the answer is deifnitely NO :) You can get it pretty strong, but absolutely nothing like this.

16. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Yeah, but thats all you do.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Same **** different day with you!

18. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Have to thank Tim for even visiting here and trying to communicate with the community any more (in his own time, too). Some of the people here are very disrespectful and childish. The anger and tone in their comments tells me they are surely under 18 years of age, and quite immature youngsters at that. So thanks Tim for the maturity you show, I couldn't do it, no way.

19. frankwer

frankwer Registered

I can understand the rage sometimes, because Tim have said things in the past that suggested that the development of this game was more ahead then it is in the current state.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I heard that the T500rs actually had either more power/torque, or more wheel rotation top speed, than the CSR Elite/CSW, but it just wasn't an as refined and "quality" ffb feeling as the CSR Elite/CSW. Anyone know if there is any truth to this??... I'm going crazy trying to decide between these 2 bloody wheels.

That Bodnar wheel looks awesome in that vid, but in some instances it looks unrealistic, not in terms of the power, but in terms of in when and in what way it uses that power, and how it exerts that power. Maybe it's the sim, or maybe it's the way the ffb motor works/is tuned, or maybe it's due to Immersion (unfortunately Immersion has a monopoly on ffb games, so all games/ffb wheels are only allowed to use Immersion's ffb effects), but something seems odd about it at certain times.

On a side note, I wish we had more info, especially regarding overall FFB feeling/performance and FFB power, on the FREX, ECCI, ARC, and whatever other high end public consumer FFB wheels are out there in the under $2500 range.

I remember simracingtonight saying that as amazing as as the FREX was, that the ECCI was even better. Doesn't really mean much to me, those guys have extremely super vague and almost useless opinions and evaluations when it comes to analyzing (especially FFB, physics, handling, etc), but in the end they did say that the ECCI was better. Hmmmmmmm.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013