Questions for ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

agreed. Never understood why the ISR guys mark mods down that don't have arms on the wheels. Everyone has real arms and those arms SHOULD be on an actual wheel right in front of you.

A list of the in-game vs txt file options we can expect in rF2 would be an excellent thing to have before release!

2. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

I'm not sure if these have been asked yet, but I have a few questions.

1 - Is rFactor 2 going to support simulation of gravity on different planets?
    2 - Will there be support for doing qualifying one day and then race the next for online races?
    3 - Will the roof-flaps be animated like they were in some of the NASCAR simulators developed by ISI?
    4 - Will there be options available to choose whether cars maintain pace speed when the pace car peels off into pit road instead of accelerating when that happens?
    5 - Will there be an option to set the location that the green flag comes out at?
    6 - Will a driver be able to go into the garage for repairs, then come back onto the track later to at least salvage some positions?
    7 - Will there be an option to have the drivers qualify one-by-one exactly like the do in NASCAR or have qualifying groups sent out? Something that doesn't complete the qualifying session in 5 or 10 minutes?

For question 1, I've always wanted to see how a race car would respond to more or less gravity. And I'm trying to build some tracks that are not on Earth.

For question 4, I've run into some problems when building tracks for rFactor because whenever the pace car goes into pit road, the field accelerates when it's not supposed to and programming the waypoints individually to slow down the pace lap can get tiring after a while.

For question 5, on some of the shorter tracks, the green flag doesn't come out until the field is right on top of the start/finish line.

For question 6, I've always wanted to be able to go to the garage after a severe wreak to repair the car, then go back out to salvage some valuable championship points.

For question 7, on private qualifying sessions, I like realism of having to wait your turn to qualify instead of qualifying all at once with no interference. That reminds me, where there be a fail-to-qualify system? I never really liked how no matter how badly I did on a qualifying session, I always end up qualifying even though I would never have qualified in real life.

Well, regardless of whether or not these things are in, I'm getting rFactor 2. rFactor is the best simulator so far.

3. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Is someone thinking about the long forgotten Dakar rallye?

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

did I miss something or have the moved Brands Hatch to Mars?!

:p

5. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Well why not. Think about how important downforce would become.. Actually adjustable air density would be interesting too.

6. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Never thought about varying the air pressure or density. But that would be realistic in a pressurized dome to have varying air pressure and density (two different things). Or in an unpressurized environment for that matter.

7. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

Does racing at High Elevations cause an issues with downforce? Seems like it should. But probably moreso than temperature of the air.

8. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Huge issues. Especially since about every 11,000 feet (not sure of the precise number), the air pressure cuts itself in half. But not as much as your cooling system would suffer and you would be in more danger from debris.

9. JuanitoRPM

JuanitoRPM Registered

Drive to Saturn?, for this purpose you already have Orbiter :p

10. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Orbiter isn't capable of simulating the type of things that rFactor is capable of. Just add in a variable or two in the EventName.gdb file and you've got an instant simulation of the gravity at any altitude.

Besides, my post asked if rFactor 2 would be able to simulate gravity on a per-track basis. It didn't ask if it would simulate other air pressures or getting to other planets. What about the other questions I asked? I'd like to know what improvements have been made in the way of AI behavior and qualifying.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Having thing affected by Altitude is a good point, not sure what the changes are myself but it would be cool to see that. Still not sure about different Gravitys for Planets unless you wanna make an ORR Tack on Mars or something, thats kinda going the Fantasy way instead of Simulation IMO but it could be cool if done correctly.

12. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Altitude affects gravity and air pressure. The higher you are, the less gravity pulls on you. The less gravity pulls, the thinner the air. However, I doubt a track will be big enough to have to have a perfect simulation. One air pressure and one gravity variable added to the GDB file is all you'll need to simulate different altitudes and planets. Besides, I'm wondering how this simulator will handle pace laps and qualifying. And is there going to be a demo released before the main simulator?

13. tomekf248

tomekf248 Registered

What about championship mode? In Le Mans, each class of cars has different classification. In rF1, I don't earn points for in-class standing. Also in Le Mans Series race distance is limited to 1000 kms, except 8 hours of Paul Ricard. It would be great to create season with advanced options, included different weekend format for each race, race distance for each race, class standing and more.

14. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

You can change the distance on a per race basis already as well as the weekend format (to a point). Class standings would be a great addition to the simulation as well as rookie standings and race-specific purses. And how about making spring rubbers changeable even when impound rules and/or fixed setup rules are in place.

15. mantazzo

mantazzo Registered

will in rfactor 2 be normal tyre texture change? Because now when i play f1 mod, and when i change tyres, it's still with the same texture... :S

16. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

I believe that's an issue with the materials. Most rFactor mods are not designed to have the tire textures changed on a per-vehicle bases. They may be able to have the rim textures changed on a per-vehicle basis though.

17. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

Hello, I asked here once but had no response.

I wonder about what is being done in rFactor2 for simulations of categories that run on ovals in the complaint as there are lots of mods rFactor1 oval, mostly in the rules and simulation of vacuum, physics does not help in the mods oval and the simulation of the damage is very unrealistic.

18. V6_

V6_ Registered

Here's my idea: A smart user information panel (The thing that gives you lap times, damage, tire wear, etc.)

What this new 'smart' version will do is change between screens when necessary. When you take damage it will automatically go to the damage screen, when your tire wear gets to a certain threshold it will go to that screen. When you get near sectors (only on fast laps) it will go to the sector times panel. Same thing at the end of a lap.

I think it would be a great touch because hitting my keyboard while racing on my wheel is difficult and I often crash because of it.
    Thanks for listening!

19. TChapman500

TChapman500 Registered

Assign the button to change that screen to the steering wheel instead of the keyboard.

20. tjg_marantz

tjg_marantz Registered

G25, two buttons. Look left, look right.

It's an interesting idea. Not sure how feasible it would be and all that but it's certainly got some merit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.