Questions for ISI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Oct 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Hey guys hope you don;t mind..

First Question to ISI.. I am not sure if it has been said, at least i don;t remember it being said.. , however my question is..

Q - Will rFactor2 be open script like rFactor was "is" ?

** I hijacked your thread to gather questions for the Q&A's, hope you don't mind - Tim. **

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You mean mod-friendly? Yes.

There's a Q&A session being posted on a sim racing site soon, then we'll post another here in the forum based on the questions we gathered from everywhere too.

3. JoyFOX

JoyFOX Registered

Grettings and Thanks

Thanks for this posibility,

We wait ansious for news!

Gretings from Argentina.

JoyFOX - rf-argentina administrator

4. AosudiF1

AosudiF1 Registered

Very much looking forward to this... hopefully within 2010 [​IMG]

5. Peter Read

Peter Read Registered

I really hope that the physics will be, but for the online racing I think there is a chance for hacking in there. Maybe even have the EXE as small as possible, and get that loaded off a server, so everyone runs off the ISI exe and not their own based one. Although, that could create a few problems. Or at least sync with ISI's EXE.

For the modding part, I sure hope that it will be open script. Aah, I remember the days of changing a car to weigh 10kg and have so much torque it wasn't funny.. the things I like to do in my spare time :)

6. markusmatthias

markusmatthias Registered

Hey Tim, do you left iRacing? :confused:

7. lightspeed

lightspeed Registered

Yes he left iRacing, I think this means rfactor2 will be very promissing! Should be awesome! Hope there will be a good alms mod comming!

8. Koji

Koji Registered

Hi Guys. Will Rfactor 2 be more stable than Rf1 (eg: driver swap) in long events like 12h or 24h races ?
    thanks.

9. buzard

buzard Registered

There are several settings in the talent files that are not used currently. Will there be anything new and improved as far as talent files (or individual AI)
    settings?

buzard

10. fobban

fobban Registered

Since I don't have Facebook, I thought I might as well ask my questions here.

1. How will the game be distributed, have you considered Steamworks?
    2. What kind, if any, of DRM have you considered I'm hoping one that doesn't screw with the paying customers (which SecuROM and UbisoftDRM does for example)?
    3. Will there be some better handling of mods for online play (compared to rF1). E.g. notification before joining a server that it isn't compatible, you don't have the track etc.
    4. What will the payment model be? Please, plase, please no monthly fees or buying of in-game items!

Looking forward for more info, videos please :).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  11. hoover

hoover Registered

Hi folks,

Uwe from rF Rank here. I was wondering if rF2 will provide more infos in the BLT files that keep track of lap times, say for instance the aids used, upgrades to the car, weather conditions and so on?

I'd like to get working on rf2rank ASAP, so this info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance & keep up the good work,

Uwe

12. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Hi

will there be an in game lobby filter to make it easier to find rooms?

Cheers Jim

13. Knarf

Knarf Registered

Hi

Frank from rFactor-report here (http://tinyurl.com/3252qwb).

My question is concerning the log files containing the race result files and concerning racecast :
    1. Will you guys make an improved version of racecast containing lots of info making rFactor-report absolete ?
    2. Will the format of the XML files will be the same as in rFactor or will you guys create a new format ? If so is the new format allready decided ? If so can you guys generate an xsd and example reports to allready start working on the next version of rFactor-report ?

The aim is to update rFactor-report so that you can now actually upload your files and that these will all be stored inside a database.
    Also an aim is to provide some extra information for leagues. Like number of races uploaded, an overview page of all uploaded results for your league, but also the driver statistics for your league as number of wins, podiums for each driver, contacts, DNF's, poles and stuff like this... All depending however what ISI have in mind with racecast.

Cheers

14. The Stig

The Stig Registered

Question on distribution. Will it be download/activation again? Will there be a DVD option with no activation as before, and if so will it be mail-order only (Amazon, etc) or will it be available in common gaming stores this time?

Thanks

15. Roman Rosina - kvako

Roman Rosina - kvako Registered

HELLO
    I HAVE SOME TECHNICAL THINKS.
    I have the biggest server in Slovakia and to process and repair of parts mods, so I am very core of the ISI, and so I studied the following comments on RF2:
    ===============================================================================
    All requirements to RFACTOR2

SETTINGS:
    - possibility to define in RFM type of start and joining to double race ( typ: FIA WTCC, BTCC a.o.)(rotate grid, no. rotated pilots, successions of sessions, more Q sessions ao.)
    TestDayDay = Wednesday
    TestDayStart = 9:00
    Practice1Day = Friday
    Practice1Start = 14:10
    Practice1Duration = 80
    Practice2Day = Saturday
    Practice2Start = 10:40
    Practice2Duration = 80
    Qualify1Day = Saturday
    Qualify1Start = 14:45
    Qualify1Laps = 999
    Qualify1Duration = 35
    Qualify2Mod = 0 (0=show Q1 times and continue, 1=use single drive)
    Qualify2Day = Saturday
    Qualify2Start = 14:45
    Qualify2Laps = 999
    Qualify2Duration = 35

WarmupDay = Sunday
    WarmupStart = 9:00
    WarmupDuration = 30
    RaceMod = 2108
    (21=XY; X=numbers of RACEs; Y=mod)
    Y:
    0=default Q1 R1 and next Q2 R2
    1=Q1 R1 R2 ( WTCC system )
    2=Q1 R1 R2 R3 ( other system )

Race1Day = Sunday
    Race1Start = 14:15
    Race1Laps = 20
    Race1Time = 30
    Race2flip = 8 (8=flip first 8 drivers;15=flip first 15 drivers;99=flip GRID)
    Race2Day = Sunday
    Race2Start = 16:15
    Race2Laps = 20
    Race2Time = 30
    All possible for use in dedicate server, and after race automatic export file with drivers for possible use this GRID in other day (same for qualifing a.o.)
    For mod "1" type WTCC is recommended use reconnaissance start

PHYSIC:
    - possibility engine boost limited:
    ENGINEBOOSTMOD = 1 (0 normal, 1 timelimited, 2 time/lap, 3 kers, 4 ina forma dobijania)
    ENGINEBOOSTTIMELIMITED = 60 (60 seconds)
    ENGINEBOOSTPERLAP = 10 (10 seconds per lap)
    other form as kers will by define in physic

- possibility in menu srt out a tyres package, so in HDV will by define, how much possible is tyre package per racing weekend:
    TYRESET = 10 (numbers of tyre sets for racing weekend for each compounds; i.e. 10xSOFT DRY, 10xMEDIUM DRY a.o. )

- better damage , better hit damage, more wall damage models - tyres, concrete, a.o.
    - some weight properties for models, i.e. moveable tyrewalls, movevable concrete walls a.o.
    - vehicle physic damage: clutch random damage !!!, engine random damage, brake random damage, suspension of tyre damage, GEARBOX DAMAGE!!! a.o.
    - gearbox compatibility with clutch. If car need clutch, gearbox dont want shift change or can change with broken sound and with wear gearbox damage. So if driver shift without clutch, overall gearbox or single gear-position will be crash / dont working.
    - all this damage will be editable in damage.ini od veh file, gearbox compatibility with clutch editable in VEH file. (GEARBOX CLUTCH COMPATIBILITY = 1)
    - better VEH editting for semiautomatic gearbox, i.e. GT = semiautomatic on UP SHIFTING and NON SEMIAUTOMATIC ON DOWN SHIFTING; ALMS P1 = complete UP DOWN semiautomatic

WEATHER:
    Use system for weather in game menu:
    Random weather button with ability enter data:
    Dry/Rain = 34% (34% is cloud, 50% soft rain, 80% big rain a.o.)
    Change weather = 10% (0% same weather, 100% dry, rain, dry rain, ... variable weather in race)
    Temperature = 21°C (course of dependent with weather)
    Change temperature = 20% (ability change temp in race, for 21°C is it 17-25°C for example)

And menu FORECAST graph generated from data
    POSIBLE EXPORT WEATHER AND IMPORT FOR SESSION, ABILITY GENERATE WEATHER FOR ALL SESSIONS (P Q W R ao.)
    ALL POSSIBLE IN DEDICATE SERVER !!!!

Dirty track outside ideal line
    Optical and physical best rain was in GP4

CONTROLS:
    FFB as GTR2 or GTLegends, other FFB are WRONG

INGAME:
    - Add animated drivers, animated PIT BOX, animated Marschals on track and other.... i.e. animated safety marchals who push the cars and more interrest animations
    - Money / CARS used only in CAREER MOD
    - all Track Flag possible (white, black white a.o.)
    - yellow flag possible in crossing PIT OUT white line, in AIW editing yellow flag sensibility, that means if is in AIW 1.0 its standard cut track, <1.0=less strict, >1.0=more strict. This is necessarily for some tracks, Imola and other. Example: Imola 10.0 = if car cut track behind white line whit all tyres = warning for cutting track.
    - yellow flags - penalties to overtake per yellow flag phase
    - setuping: an graphic example what i change in setup, ea. i change a camber of tyre = small animation show, what i do with this tyre

MOTEC AND OTHER GRAPHICS:
    Integrate TVMENU style or similar TV style. More info in car, who is now in box a.o.

dedicate server:
    advanced advanced advanced ... dedicate server. Time of start P1 P2 Q1 a.o. ... load button for saved grids, saved weght penalties a.o.

SAFETY CAR:
    INTELLIGENT SAFETY CAR IN MULTIPLAYER !!! in RF1 are full problems with safety
    settings for safety: collision target 0 and 1 , when safety have problem, car cant crash on it !!!

AI intelligence
    If I drive in RF1 with example GT1, and LMP1 will get ahead of my car, he shoot me down, he have other brake point a.o. and he cant calculate my brake point, same problems can be in real, if drivers have'nt skill

=========================
    sorry for my bad ENGLISH

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2010
  16. Bolk

Bolk Registered

I love those Dedicated Server settings!

17. ReneZeiner

ReneZeiner Registered

Hi
    A very important question for me, which is never answered.
    Ai in the LAN still possible?

18. 6e66o

6e66o Registered

I hope its not only possible, but that there is no more limit in numbers of AI opponents in multiplayer.

And even more importantly:
    I hope rf2 can handle 50+ clients in online races.

19. Brettie

Brettie Registered

Hi
    Will there be a ghost car in rfactor 2?:D
    If you have a ghost car then can those details can be translated to the AI like in Nascar Heat?
    Would solve all AI racing issues in one go.
    Cheers
    Brett

20. Peter Read

Peter Read Registered

In the preview stuff that InsideSimRacing showed us, a ghost car was present. So it is most likely it will be included :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.