[REL] Palatov D4 build 1.57

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

The design goal of the D4 was to put as much power as possible into as small and light a package as possible, while still being able to use it, and still provide a high level of safety. The Hillclimb configuration is the ultimate D4, with over 350hp in a AWD chassis weighing just over 425kg. Even the base Trackday configuration is still potent, with over 170hp, packaged in a car that weighs slightly more than 400kg.
    Despite the light weight and small size, the D4 is designed to share the track with much larger cars, and is overbuilt for a car of its weight class.

Developed by Palatov Motorsport & Slow Motion Group, this new build 1.57 brings several “hidden” improvements to the physics, to better match the evolution of rFactor2 in the last year and half.

A new 2017 revised steering wheel has been added to match the evolution of the real life Palatov D4 and were made a few improvements to the graphics, with the goal to enhance the user's experience without altering the great feeling of this awesome prototype! The steering is now more precise. Strong steering FFB still communicates the road surfaces just like the real car: this is a feature of the Palatov D4! Those who wish less intensity may use FFB Multiplier below 1.0 to reduce FFB strength.

Graphics:
    - new steering wheel
    - new shader for rear and braking lights
    - fixed unwanted “holes” in car’s shadow cast on track
    - new shader for car’s floor

Physics:
    - fixed CTD switching from fullscreen mode to desktop
    - revised steering wheel values for matching the 2017 real life Palatov D4
    - improved engines to the new rFactor2 code
    - tuned shift attenuation sound for opponents
    - fine tuned Real Hoosier Racing Slick wear for opponents
    - due to the several changes to the physics and some new rFactor2 code, tuned opponents performances

Don’t forget to subscribe / download also the Oregon Raceway Park Circuit, where Palatov Motorsport conduct most of their real world testing. This has enabled direct comparison with logged data and video from the real car.

The new build is available (with its template) on Steam workshop.
    Here the link for the manual download:
    https://mega.nz/#!zpITBTJK!lUSixkS9U580f96EQolGVqC0uUAPxar4B9c6nkBqp78
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/nfoqyf2av7522v4/Palatov_D4-v.1.57.rfcmp
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVjc1JhYcCwhW5tlfCdkfe_EVmk
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wze0gt3h61hf76z/Palatov_D4-v.1.57.rfcmp?dl=0
    Template:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVjc1JhYcCwhW-hG5h9cMkDEauw
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/twen24548ayq2e9/D4_publicTEMPLATE.rar

Enjoy this new build!

MMartin, Korva7, John and 16 others like this.
  2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks for all your ongoing efforts Slow Motion.

3. SRGP

SRGP Registered

+1 for the mighty Palatov D4
    +1 for Oregon too, although it is a twisty one !

4. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

Thanks for the update mate!
    No news about the D2 model?

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

We are planning something, but it is too early for talking about it

6. SRGP

SRGP Registered

Juergen-BY likes this.
  7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

High quality post! As is the mod!
    Thanks a thousand times! :):D

8. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

It should appear only the new one... evidently it need few time. Now the release of the mod is into my workshop and sincerely I do not know the process very well. I did what S397 stated.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I think the idea of Steam is to update the exiting entry, not create a new one. Otherwise, if you have to do a new subscription the whole point of seamless updates from Steam is lost. You can do that for the next update ;)

Of course ISI made it worse because even though I manually unsubscribed from the old v1.38, it still remains because it was part of the Race Events that ISI devised and chose for some illogical reason to lump all together into one subscription item.

Back to what's important--one of the most fun cars in rF2 is now even better! Thanks for the work on it. There are two things from the old version that I hoped would be addressed, but are not. One is graphical--the mirror stands reflect the road surface below the car instead of the top surface of the car they are attached to. It's not a huge deal, but affects the "immersion."

The second item is that the AI don't seem to use the same configuration as you choose. Could you explain to us how to know which variant the AI is using and how to get competition that is the same as us? Maybe it is a combination of the tuning configuration and the garage set-up? I don't know--I only know that with most other cars it is not an issue. With the Palatov, the AI are not even close to my speed, so something is amiss in either the basic AI settings (you said you adjusted those), but more likely in the configuration and garage.

Thanks again for this great car. It truly is fun to drive and I look forward to racing once I get the compatible AI :)

10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Marc, I can only answer to...

I never noticed it about the mirror stands... I'll look at them

About AI performances vs humans it depends of what you have chosen. The mod has 3 classes (+ the trackday MP but for sim purposes only) and for each of one, if you don't touch anything in the upgrades and set the same tires that are in use for the AIs, you will be able to fight with them at the same level. Obviously you can easily recognize the compound used by you and by AIs.
    In other words the AIs use the most performing tire, the Racing slick, that are more entitled for the track but last much more than the R Dot, that are the "factory tires" of the D4 and the default for humans...
    Of course, the Custom allows the use of different engines and rear wing and it makes a great difference in performances vs. the AIs, that cannot use your same "upgrades"...

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

My problem is that I usually use Custom. Is there a procedure to get the same AI as your custom car? Can you get the AI to use the R Dot in any configuration or option?

12. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Using Custom class, to have the same performances of the AIs you must use the default car and then, in the garage, change tires to Racing Slick.
    That is exactly what you must do in case of using TrackDay, so it is almost useless. The Custom car is mainly addressed to the persons that are thinking to buy the real-world car and that want to test several different items.
    Definitely, the best class for racing on tracks against the AIs, is the TrackDay Multiplayer and this is the reason I added this class. With this class tires lasts much less than real-world tire and racing against AIs is possible also using the R-Dot: it depends of the race length! I tuned the wear of the different compounds taking care to this option... R-Dot are less performing BUT last much more than the Racing Slick and there is a point of the race that AIs must pit for replacing their tires... on the contrary the human that uses the R-Dot can still drive. Of course the race must be of a certain time and it depends of several reasons, like the track layout, the asphalt grip, the weather conditions (partially at the moment), your skill, AI performance settings...

hexagramme likes this.
  13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If you get around to it some day, it would be nice to be able to race the real car you can buy against AI driving the same vehicle.

14. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Marc, I'm thinking that a lot of us, at first me, must come back to the school of rFactor... because it is possible to assign a "fixed upgrades" to the AIs that matches the choices of the human in the showroom.

Thanks to Chris, we have a quick tutorial just to do it in few clicks: http://meetme.bplaced.net/rF2_onlineTools/

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I am not that slow... ;) Of course I have attempted to get the AI to use the same choices as me by using the official method in the Tuning screen, but the AI either have a turbo or slicks compared to the standard "real car" because the performance is not even close to the same. I think a different organization of the car classes may be necessary for this, but it is hard to know? It's so overly complicated that we have 20 different versions across all the mods and original cars from ISI.

16. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

On my side I can only say that, following the tutorial, you have the same setting of the AIs, also the same set of tires, BUT obviously not the same compound!! And, as I explained, it means a different lap time, but also a different wear... so in case of a race that lasts enough to balance performances and wears, you can have exciting races! What more than that?

hexagramme likes this.