[REL] Oran Park 2008 v0.73 10/2/16

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Nibiru, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Wow, this is amazing for a v0.33!!!! Great work. It is plagued by the too-common in rF2 flashing textures problems (mostly advertising banners), but otherwise is a top-notch base. Just details to add and polish by the looks of it!

Are you planning to do all the layouts (I hope so)? The main layout is already better than the existing (conversion) Oran Park track that's been out there for a while, but it has the benefit of the alternate layouts.

THANKS for all the hard work on this. A gem in the making.

2. WilsonSantos

WilsonSantos Registered

Amazing!!! Thanks for your work. Can`t wait to try!!

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I agree with Marc, absolutely incredible for a v0.33.
    Can't wait to see where it goes from here. :)

4. Emery

Emery Registered

Lovely, simply lovely!

Flickering textures are the biggest issue at this point. Ads on the pit walls and on buildings, rivets in the guardrails. I'd guess that they're all caused by z-fighting, where the ads & rivets have been placed on top of other layers rather than cut into the underlying meshes?

5. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks for the comments so far guys. I was getting flickering in DEV MODE but after putting in game I don't get any flicker. What cars are you getting the flicker with?

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Honda NSX is a good test since it has a rear bumper cover that itself flickers. What is interesting is that the flicker on the NSX gets better or worse from one track to the next. The flickering also varies from one camera to another (generally, not speaking about Oran here), so cockpit view versus bonnet view, etc., could be different. The advertising banners are a very common problem if you can't figure it out, many have gone before you in fixing them. Emery is correct that it is a z-fighting issue.

7. Emery

Emery Registered

Only tested with ISI Nissan 350Z, cockpit view.

8. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Sorry, but I didn't notice flickering on billboards, this is in Win 10 using new vid driver. Nibiru, are you using win 10 with new driver? Probably not the difference, but wondering.
    What about you Marc?
    Hexagramme didn't mention flickers.

And version .33? I think you are being modest.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Just tried with historic F3 Spark to have an open-cockpit report...

Less flickering overall. Rivets on guardrail in pit lane still flicker. Billboard posts flicker through the tall billboards, so maybe moving the posts a little further behind the billboards will help. When coming up the hill for the bridge, the wall to the left of the blue tent flickered was worst flicker, both sponsors.

Not sure why pit wall was so obnoxious in the 350Z while on pit lane, even flickering in the mirror!

I did notice one oddity: pit wall was brighter in the F3 mirror than the eyeball view. Never noticed before, so I'm wondering if that happens on other tracks?

Win10, initial nVidia driver.

10. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I'm using win 8.1 with old driver (not home so can't check) I have tried the last 3 driver updates but made things worse for me so I went back to my old trusty one.

It is v0.33 for me :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  11. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I have and will continue to try and reduce the flicker. I have already moved the billboard posts back heaps that if you see it it doesn't look right. I'll try more

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many Thanks Nibiru it's already looking like a masterpiece.
    On the flickering I've tried two mods and only get it with the ISI Civics, there was no flickering with the Apex Mod (MP4). edit: adboards that is not the cars!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks for track, looking great already. Another scratch made track is welcome. Feels great to drive. Had a nice race with the 60's F2 cars.

I spotted the flickering Ad boards too. The most noticeable ones, as Emery says, are the ones viewable when going over bridge, the 'XXXX-Gold' and the 'Big-Pond' ads.
    http://tof.canardpc.com/view/dd7a8350-fa20-4e13-91ba-7192a523399a.jpg
    http://tof.canardpc.com/view/08c35bb4-92c3-498a-a263-72ad932db82c.jpg

They are easy to fix :), looks like the metal grey texture that you use for the back of the Ad is set to double sided. If you set that material to single sided it should not show when viewed from the front. I fixed a lot of this stuff with the Nords track.
    Pit speed limit could be a bit faster?

Keep at it, looks great.

14. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks DJC that material was double sided. I made it a new material single sided as I needed it double for something else, so hopefully that will fix it.

Pit speed limit was 40km ..... I'll think about weather I'll increase it.

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Glad you can fix it fairly easily. It still drives me crazy though that some of us get the problem much worse than others. I have been at this for 10 years since the beginning of rF1 and to this day we cannot figure out what the determining factors are that make it better or worse.

I am using Win 10 AND super-sampling. There is no possible setting I can apply on top of the FPS-killing settings I already use that could be higher quality, yet I have even flickering on many ISI tracks. This includes many trees all along the left side of the main straight at the absolute latest track, Portugal 2.0. If there was some global setting to get rid of this, or if ISI could solve it with a core change, I would be ecstatic.

16. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

From my limited knowledge of z fighting it is set from the car mod so the cockpit doesn't get it. Track makers then have to try and find a balance. Thats why different cars on the track do different things. I have also found that drivers and have a big affect. The last 3 nvidia updates have been worse for me so I went back to my original driver.

17. Emery

Emery Registered

My fuzzy recollection is that ISI recommends not using double-sided materials in rF2 (unlike rF1). I think it's because they have different lighting effects in addition to z-fighting?

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Many thanks Nibiru.

One question though, this version is 0.33 but I seem to have a v1.4 in my folder for this track by you.

Why have you gone back the way so to speak?

Anyway, will try this version later. :)

19. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Iirc Nibiru coverted one for rfactor2 that would be your v1.4
    This one is a scratch made version by Nibiru

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, and I already uninstalled 1.4 because this new one is so good. It will get deleted as soon as Niburu confirms that the new one will have all the layouts :)