One problem in rFactor 2 that is really causing me trouble!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FFOman, Apr 27, 2015.

1. peterchen

peterchen Registered

If that i true, than:
    1.48.6 is miles away from the 1.42.4 you mentioned here before and miles away from rF2 rank-results.
    How do you want to test your point, if ABS and TC is off at your server??????

Sorry, makes absolutely no sense what you say/said.

2. Eddy

Eddy Registered

What Laza said i agree on.

And Whiteshadow, i know i don't have to defend Tim (he's capable very much to do that for himself) but read his and the post he responded to. He will never ever say it's okay to call other people names. All he said was.....well read it all over again till you understand.

Once we all where amateurs, in fact i still am. All that counts is you have to enjoy what you are doing for your hobby regardless if you use aids or not.

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

1.48,6 is Formula Renault 3.5 2010, 1.42,4 is Marrusia MR01, times are done with test team medium rubber and you can not compare them with rF2 rank results.

Read topic number 36 and you understand my point about time gain and aids.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Well it's rather obvious to me if one finds 3 seconds from driving aids, then driver in question is amateur driver. Because as said none of these driving aids are designed to help the quick drivers. I remember when TC was introduced to F1 in 2001, Mika Hakkinen turned it off in the first race because he was quicker without. And this was with highly sophisticated McLaren TC system that knows exactly how to regulate proper amount of wheelspin. The TC of rF2 is so bad you are basically forced to apply TC override button on exits to not lose time.

I'm busy driving in FSR WC at moment (I'm in the top 10 there btw), I gladly join your server some day to show aids gain nothing. It would be enough to ask the FSR Pro drivers because they will all tell you they gain nothing from TC/ABS (we have it allowed for Pro races). Of course you have to work on the car setup etc, jumping cold to a new track and new car with crappy default setup, I can well understand that 3 second difference.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

We even argue about aids.

lool ;)

I honestly don't think anyone here thinks like that.

It is very simple to me, rF2 outshines all sims physics chassis tyre wise.

But you won't feel the best rF2 has to offer with aids >>> imho.

It is not about putting aids users down.

For me it is about saying if you have adequate controller input, stick with no aids for a while.
    Eventually rF2 in all likelyhood will feel even better and you will enjoy it even more.

If people can't see that is what others and I mean .......... ......well. :(

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1 This!

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

Hey DD :)
    You make a lot of sense.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

8. coops

coops Banned

I came from console to rf1 about 4yrs ago joined a league they only used auto clutch at 1st i thought stuff this. They said keep practising you will get better. Then realised what i was playing on console was crap to a real sim, i loved the fact they didn't use any other aid as it has made me a better driver. I enjoy it so much more now even if i go into a server with aids i do not use them it feels so fake. Every1 to their own i say, but i also say aids are for pussy's who still want an easy console game.