One problem in rFactor 2 that is really causing me trouble!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FFOman, Apr 27, 2015.

1. FFOman

FFOman Registered

I'm not exactly sure how to best describe this, so please bear with me:

The auto-reset car to track in correct direction ability that rFactor has always included is in itself a great idea, and for the most part works very well! But in many cases where tricky cornering combined closely together like on the San Paulo track in Brazil, this feature quite often seems to get in the way! As an example on this particular track, one makes the first corner to the left which then leads you into an uphill right turn, another sharper right turn, a left, another left and finally the last feft turn before your car has reached the first and main grandstands. And usually on the second and third right hand turns, ones car might experiance a little slippage in the rear. It's not bad slippage and is easy to straighten out without losing any real time, but just as you turn the wheel into it a bit, the combined effect is one of the game trying to auto-reset you on the track even though you might be far from losing control yourself! If you are aware of this and compensate at just the right moment you'll lose only a minimal amount of time once again, but if you're not ready for it, it can and will cost you more time, sometimes actually taking you off the edge of the track as it tries to straighten you out!

I don't know if anyone else has experianced this problem or is able to compensate for it so that minimal time is lost, but for me, it's definetly a bad problem, costing me seconds on trials, and the entire race weekend quite a lot. It would seem to me that they need to raise the limiting bar on this particular feature so that it takes over only when absolutly necessary!

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Auto-reset? What's is that?

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Something to switch off...this arcadish feature, press a button and the car reappear on the track in the right direction.

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Oh OK. That's what confused me. It's not automatic. You actually have to push a button :)

5. redapg

redapg Registered

@FFOman: do you have any driving aids enabled? I'm not sure if i understand your problem.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

But wait, i guess, there is an automatic reset, too. Isn`t it?

//Edit: seems, you must set this in your player.json to "0":

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

What the heck is OP talking about? Looks like spin-recovery driving-aids.....???

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yes, I recall from rFactor that it was perhaps the F5 key? It should have three levels of assist, so perhaps running the lowest level it won't kick in as badly?

I don't understand Jurgen's need to bring out pitch fork and villagers about someone using an assist.

9. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I think it's opposite lock.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Ouuuuuuuh, my apologies. Sure, spin recovery isn`t an arcadish feature...I answered just to someone else, not to you and not to the OP.

And well, I`m living on the country side, but can`t see any fork :p

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not exactly sure which aid the OP is referring to (I'm pretty sure there's isn't a 'reset' button as others have suggested?), but for me if you're finding that the aid is replicating your own correction and the effect is 'too much correction', it's time to turn the aid off. You're probably ready for it :)

12. stonec

stonec Registered

That aid was probably something requested by EA from F1 2002 times to help with noobs, it wouldn't really need to be included in rF2 I think.

13. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

It's Spin Recovery, the F5 key.

Opposite lock doesn't seem to do anything anymore.

I never use this aid either, but I think it's good that all the aids are kept, especially steering help.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

^
    Absolutely, Associat0r.

Way to make people feel welcome and not be an elitist, stonec. [/sarcasm]

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lool

All he suggested was turn it off.
    You not going to debate it is arcadish surely.

If anyone had a go at anyone would have been the OP

I had my way I would get rid of Esc to pit as well, too many "good" drivers use that one.
    Not great when cars disappear in front of you on a hot lap is it ?

Anyway I am with stonec on this one the F1-F12 is from the stone age, pCars and AC have less aids.

I got nothing against people using aids but in my room in 3 years no one has ever asked for more then gears or clutch tell the truth.

If you don't use aids reset the lot to camera keys, handy in groups of 4 up down left right , back foward zoomin zoomout, etc

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2015
  16. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

ISI is one of the few remaining hardcore sim devs that does driving aids properly. I have introduced a few people to ISI sims over the years, some who had no prior simracing interest and also introduced a few who swore by Crammond sims, because of keyboardability. I couldn't have done this without some of those driving aids.

I could imagine it being a useful aid if you're trying to grips with a difficult car (spinning at every corner). Auto-recovery could be a huge time and frustration saver in this case.

They aren't from the stoneage, some of them are essential for certain input devices and ISI would loose many existing and potential customers if they were removed. Also AC has TC that you can't fully switch off and no manual clutch when using keyboard.

Then those aids shouldn't bother you, since you can make the rules. There are also plenty of people who play offline.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I just don't agree I have taken heaps of people could not do a lap at Spa and got them around well in a session.

I never said Aids are not useful.
    I can't see a pro driving instructor telling you to use them or pressing ESC to pit.
    They are not essential.

They can develop bad habits like looking back button ( which I use ) lol

Calling someone a elitist is just a cheap shot ?

Rather then frustration from spinning they should try SLOWING down.

Hang on .........where did I say to "remove" them all ?

I said F1-F12 is from the dark ages ( as in it has not changed since EA F1 days ) ............. NOT "all" the aids :rolleyes:

No matter AC and pCars have LESS aids I not going to argue about it go and have a look. :)

I never said aids " bother" me ? People offline are free to drive how, where and what they like.

I said since GTR #1 beta days I would like ONE sim with no aids whatsoever including looking back and esc to pits and damage.
    What ? that makes me elitist ? wtf ? lool

Funny iRacing has no aids.

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Very interesting, how many people are care about everything, but doesn`t answered to the OP`s question...lol

(it`s not against you, DD)

19. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

ABS, TC (both in certain cars though) and driving line. Probably others. I never use them though.

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

When I joined iRacing it had clutch assist too iirc. Don't know if it's still available.