Ok,I'm done with the online races!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

I'm done with online races, too. And I've never been happier!

2. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Bringing to the new page

3. Magzire

Magzire Registered

Looking at these replays this game still needs a LOT of work, cars floating etc.

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Probably not the first with this idea, but why not introduce a drivers health status.

Online servers can define if they use the drivers health status or not. Whenever you race on such a server and you have an accident, your health status gets updated. Maybe simply check G-Forces, when too high you have an injury which needs a recover time. During this recover time you cant enter any server which uses the drivers health status.

I think with the possibility to not being able to enter these servers (maybe up to 2 weeks) because of a needed health recover time, driving will completely change to a lot more real live driving style.

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

one of the most interesting ideas Ive ever heard around here :)

6. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Great. I could die but at least i´m not going alone when crash hard on purpous on others..

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

yes, going down with company is a different thing all together :p

8. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

View attachment 5793

9. Hectari

Hectari Registered

10. Phil Ashio

Phil Ashio Registered

The problem for me is that I am not that good of a racer. It is hard to race with people who are so much better than me and still have fun. I always get in the way. I used to host my own races with rfactor but I do not have the time for it any more. I would just like to race but people want to spend hours and days getting the perfect setup. A "run what you brung" series has always been my favourite but those are hard to find and then to find a group of racers who I can compete with is even tougher. I end up doing most of my racing offline against the AI. Time to go play some solitaire or Far Cry 3 in offline mode. I love the rfactor sim but it is just too competitive or too reckless online. 2 cents have been deposited.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Guys, believe me, it is so so frustrating when you can't make 2 formation laps in a row,I mean 2 damn formation laps!
    I had much more fun in GT5 pubblic servers than rF2 pubblic servers! it is a sad thing, but is the truth!!

Ps:I hate those racer that make zig-zag at the race start, trying to surpass12443438473 cars at the start! this is one of the main causes of incidents at the starts! just keep your line

12. Spadge

Spadge Registered

Driver health idea is great, but it's not in ISI's commercial interest to put in anything that stops you playing the game.

I've been a strong advocate of the "USB boxing glove on a spring" idea for years. You crash into someone, you get a smack in the face. In real life racing when you do that and head back to pits for repairs you hope it's YOUR mechanics waiting for you with wrenches ...

In the interest of keeping the popcorn sales going, I'd just like to say this: Durge, rFactor is already two products and you are in the kiddies' pool with the rest of us.

13. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

14. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Ah Durge I have mentioned all my counter arguments in other threads, not one of them relating to ego :)

15. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

LOL Cracked me up!

16. Hectari

Hectari Registered

[​IMG]

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

No need really for two products. People that are serious about racing don't bother with public races. Sure from time to time you can find a good public race but in general they suck. Even if you find a clean server where people can stay on track, that still doesn't mean the talent level will keep you entertained. This is what leagues are for. Their servers are password protected and some aren't even listed in on Matchmaker.

I know people want to race when they have time and would like a system to weed out "Penis Boy". I used to be in this camp. I spent tons of time jumping from server to server looking for clean racers. I finally stumbled on a league server where they were doing a public fun run. These guys were very clean, very open to new people, friendly and way faster then me. I ended up joining their league and never looked back. I ended up taking over that league and ran it for a few years. From that league I learned about a few other leagues from word of mouth. Now I race in an endurance league with a team of 4 drivers doing 4 - 12 hour races. Trust me, nothing is more enjoyable then a league. Not only do you have fun racing but you develop friendships with these people. Many of the guys in leagues join up at tracks in real life and race together or spectate at races. I will most likely be joining about 7 guys from my current league at the 24 hours of Daytona this weekend.

I will second what osella said on the first page, "public races just suck". :)

Edit: One more thing, in real life, would you take your racecar to the track and race with a bunch of people that just randomly show up? There is a reason why passing at track day events is only permitted at specified points on the track and only by point by. You can't trust your life with random people.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I can understand this view. I think you will find that your talent will pick up rapidly once you join a league and you are surrounded by faster drivers. Also, in leagues the guys will help out new drivers and give driving tips, racing line tips and even share their setups. Setups can help a lot but you would be surprised how little they help compared to just simply practicing.

Another thing you can do is join a league but not actually join in on the races until your pace improves. You can practice online and talk to the other guys. Compare laptimes. Camp on the servers recording replays that you can later merge with your own laps using (rFVCRMerge) and learn from them.

Don't be intimidated by leagues.

19. demik

demik Registered

I'm with him there. Done GT5 from the start until a few month, It was more fun even if the physics lacked. You had specialized room "low power" "450pp fwd" "drift" or whatever, and that worked well.

Seems part of the problem is that there isn't enough players on rFactor 2 yet, so you pick the only non empty public server and race there, even if you don't like the racing category.

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I don't understand why there are only a few people online?