Ok,I'm done with the online races!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Aug 30, 2012.

1. liebestod

liebestod Registered

Breaking news

random public players on a video game are not respectful, courteous, or knowledgeable

more at 11

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

3. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Boll.....wait for it.....ox

EDIT: decided the rest of my post was a bit....well...over the top :)

There is AS MUCH stupidity in ALL the levels of racing over at iRacing as there is in open servers. There is a higher concentration in the lower classes but that is because that is closer to public server racing which is one of the biggest issues.

League racing will always provide a higher chance of cleaner racing...period..regardless of sim or participants.

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I have seen in the time that some servers are almost as "pubs", with the tendency to see the same people day after day.

Just as servers were pubs, a good thing to do is to search the server (pub) best suited for you.
    Other people will do the same thing and in the time you will have some more friends and a good racing enviroment, even in no PWD protected server.

Yes, you join the most crowded server in the lobby, but the chance you are going to find unexperienced drivers is a lot higher ... for istance, i raced just few mins ago in a server with 4 clients and we ran good clean races, for sure with more fun than racing in 26 and beeing wrecked in lap 1 T1. :)

When you want crowded races, imo it is time to join a league or some special event managed by leagues.

5. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Let's race mate :D I race clean, fair and most of all, for fun, not just to win, like the bashers.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Big rooms you are going to have 4/6 rookies off pace, then you need 4/6 people willing to help them
    all session and have team speak so not to cross chat.

Thing is you do that for a few sessions those Rookies will for the most part improve far
    more then banging around themselves.

I often had rookies say they can't believe how much they knocked off in a decent session.

Some of them go on to help others who are as slow as they were, which is nice to see too.

I think people joining big rooms beyond there tower specs or Conn can cause as much drama as a rookie. :)

if you get slow fps with 24 cars you won't be able to judge braking as good in close racing.

7. Fergy

Fergy Registered

Just to back up what Nikos has said if your looking for something with a high standard of sportsmanship combined with friendly helpful members please don't hesitate to try ARI. At the moment were racing the Historical mod, it is hard but you'll get great support.

Feel free to PM me for more info.

Fergy,
    Admin

8. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

As Fergy says, in the ARI league we have great racing and sportmanship. We are racing one event of 3 races (around 20 min per race) every two sundays.

Here's a video of the highlights of the weekend races at Putnam

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Like some said, join private leagues, there you will find only nice, professional friendly people :)

But, I know, you also want to jump into public servers and race there and then. The issue here is this....

The good fast drivers will qualify in the front. The more backwards you go on the grid, you'll find the slower and inexperienced drivers...

This means that, I would say, top 10 (roughly) would be OK, after this you'll find people which will do lots of mistakes.

In a nut shell, practice and became a bit faster, qualify top 10 and on the whole you'll have better races.

Again, this won't always apply and accidents and people diving into corners will always happen, even in the front. But at least, in general, the more you are towards the front, the better chance you have of a clean race.

Cheers

1 person likes this.
  10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Thanks guys.
    I hope to join ISR league soon,I'm already a member of them hoping to become an ufficiale driver ISR soon!I like ARI too but ISR has a lot of Italian members so it is more easy to comunicate with them.
    thanks again.
    Ps:I have tried iRacing for 2-3months but I don't like the ffb!for me rF2 ffb is much better...

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Top drawer post DD mate...

Until your room I only tried online a couple of times as I felt exactly what your saying, a bit of a noob (obviously lol) but also have seen some guys get blasted by more experienced drivers and also bashed about on forums too which I think is really bad...

As you say, it`s the guys with the experience that should be willing to help out the new guys but this is not always the case unfortunately... until your room that is.

Only been there a couple of times as you know mate but have never enjoyed racing like it. I got my PB (still not great but at least heading in the right direction :) ) and had a ton of fun and learned some tips and other valuable info`s too... just as a room should be imo.

Anyway, just thought I`d say that as it`s the truth and very much deserved.

I shall be burning some more virtual rubber in those F3`s with you very soon mate.

And did I say thanks...

:)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

13. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Hey man...Just out here playing in the big bad world and biting my tongue LOL

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

15. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Secret of successful pickup racing.

T1, stay bit behind, out of line, I prefer inner edge of roads quite often, T1 crashers and mayhem is easy to avoid with going slow there and keeping eyes on mirrors, there are always at least one Kamikaze, or was when I was still actively having online races 5-6 years ago.

Usually it is around 3rd place that you can finish by accelerating bit slow from line, moving to side, letting other guys go and crash at T1 and go past wreckages, after 1st lap I was usually 5th with this tactic and sometimes even won races, often finishing 3rd with excellent race with tight battle and gaining places, one just need to be constant with laps, not trying to hotlap but drive at race pace with setup made for race, not for hotlapping.

One key point is to understand how finishing 10th can be much more satisfying than finishing 1st, I mean that so often I have started from pole and raced to 1st place, but it is no different from hotlapping as usually in pickup racing it is not much more than 1st lap when I had any defending to do, other guys with hotlap setups made too many errors. But fun is when you are defending your position from behind and pushing that guy at front of you to make error so you could gain positions.
    Of course at first it is bit like shooting fish into barrel, but after that it becomes much more interesting.

Also don't take this like if I would be anyway good driver, probably average at best, but with pickup racing majority seemed to be below average for some reason.

Then one thing I always did was to learn people on server at first, so first few races I took quite slow, no more than 50%, just driving along with guys, looking who did what and how they drove, what was their attitude to racing, so I learned quickly whom I need to stay far and to whom I could stay closer, also learned their braking points etc.

There are then also those that crash on purpose, one race wonders, learn to brake at right moment, if they try to ram to side, just tap brakes and bit of turning so that your car keeps it's course sets them into wall and you can continue racing, if they try to ram you from behind tapping brakes at right moment will make effect less severe, but there it is best to quickly change line and hard on brakes, bullet swings past you. Of course with 100% damage things are bit more difficult as one would need to avoid all contacts.

Of course it is annoying to have such pests that one have to toy with, but it just is so. I used to race with Team 7 in league and it was always clean and fair, only issue with league racing is set schedules etc. with pickup racing it was better in there that I could race when and as long as I wanted to, 4 hours and so.

16. isamu

isamu Registered

17. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

But iRacind doesn't have the physics/fbb of rF2!
    iRacing is a presumed simulation game that based 80% of his contents on the USA racing style,NASCAR,OVALS,INDY......no please
    iRacing dosen't give me Ferraris,Maseratis,road cars,European circuits(appart Spa,Silverston and some few circuits)
    iRacing is all about making money and maybe make money....5 months ago i was racing iRacing and I wanted to join one race but to do it I had to purchase 2 cars and one circuite paying almost 44$:confused: No Please

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You obviously have problems too, not just rookies I see many threads about licences stewards and such.

You can tell iRacing my idea. :)

Rather then bag drivers in threads or put them in races alone..........

Okay, you have a system of points and penalty and licences which I really like.

So any driver gains enough penalties must attend a Driving School.

For every rookie to pass he would need a mentor. This would entail Pros Driver with teamspeak lapping
    with them in the Training Room with a given car and track and using the Pros "stable" setup.

They would have to abide to all directions and satisfy the pro driver and run baseline tests.

Then they would have races with Pros as spectators.

Finally they would get a clean bill. :)

Oh yeah...... you could pay Pro drivers for their hard work with a few credits towards future iRacing components.

19. dandar

dandar Registered

I set up my own race, I call my friends, problem solved.
    The rest of features that iRacing has, sounds too gay for me. Who needs a Driving School for amateurs ? Yes my wife but who else ? :D

20. Slothman

Slothman Registered

No it doesnt....

Not at all...period.

Would you like me to go count posts about that very subject on the iRacing forums actively being posted in at the moment????

That tells me the problem is still there and not only that, other people get effected by peoples stupidity....so yeh....WRONG!!!

EDIT: The other thing it taught me is that forum trolls are prevalent at iracing...looks like they might have migrated for the winter/summer depending on your hemisphere...so no more comments about that from me.

Join a league champ...or at least find a group of like minded racers...than it doesnt matter about the game :)