Observation with rF2 default setting (SLI compatib. bit) for Nvidia SLI. Is this inte

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by alpha-bravo, Jun 23, 2014.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I have never used rF2 without HDR. My benchmark track was ISI Silverstone with ISI F3.5. You should got around 64 fps with hdr, my settings and the ISI track and car combo.
    My two gtx 670 cards were slightly overclocked.
    Yes the SLI performance is not optimal but this is the result of many hours try and error learning and for the moment I'm done with SLI and nvidia.

2. adaptable1

adaptable1 Registered

I think you are running at a lower resolution than I am (I'm running 3 x 1080p monitors @ 66hz). My GTX 680s are the EVGA FTW+ slightly overclocked versions. With your settings, the car makes a huge difference. If I run the 2014 FR3.5, I also get higher than 65 fps at Silverstone, but if I switch to the Clio, I lose about 10%....and I lose a lot more with the Corvette or the Spec Miata (under 45 fps). The only way for me to get faster frame rates with other cars is to lower the rest of my settings (AA, AF, Shadows, etc.). I seem to recall better frame rates just a couple of versions back...and definitely more without SLI. It's just a pain to remove one card with my cooling setup...especially for the one sim title I play that doesn't work well enough with SLI....

SLI may not be perfect with a few other titles I play (Assetto Corsa, GRID Autosport, among others), but at least the FPS stays above 60 with my 3 monitor setup. Hopefully I'll see an improvement with rF2 soon, because there are elements of this title that keep it interesting (AI, mods, real road, etc.).

3. adaptable1

adaptable1 Registered

I did a bunch of experimenting today, and it turns out that the reflections set to high were the biggest culprit for frame rate loss with HDR on. Once I switch them to low or off, my FPS remained above 60 no matter what car I choose. With alpha-bravo's settings, rFactor2 looks pretty good. I don't use multiview, but with the reflections on low + AA on Level 4, everything looked good and I was able to maintain frame rates between 60-80 with SLI.

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx for feedback.
    The Enviroment reflection effect seems to be a fps killer with SLI but not on every track. It seems that newer ISI tracks and cars are more optimized than older.
    Good to hear you have found some improvements for your system setup.

alex

Edit: In my tests I noticed that lower the resolution did not have the expected positive impact to fps. The biggest impact was noticeable with lower AA settings around 4 - 6, particle system to low or off, shadow blur to off and enviroment reflection to low or static.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014