Observation with rF2 default setting (SLI compatib. bit) for Nvidia SLI. Is this inte

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by alpha-bravo, Jun 23, 2014.

1. otta56

otta56 Registered

The following profile(s) might help:

0x02F01005 or 0x02F06005. The 1 or 6 seems to reduce flickering on some tracks. With these profiles I have been able to run all options @ maximum in multiview with HDR on (realistic_clear profile) @ a steady 60 fps with 15 cars on track @ Brianza, Belgium & Silverstone using the EVE F2 and F3 cars. There is some stutering with these profiles.

As always, your mileage may vary.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

As you know stuttering is caused by irregular delays between frames rendered by the GPU`s.
    To avoid stuttering (780GTX x2) I OC my CPU1 +215MHz and CPU2 +210Mhz with NVDIA Inspector, my system runs smooth no stutters at all and setup like this gives you also fps gain.
    If you have not tested this it is worth to give it a try.

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx folks :) ! I will give it a try and will report back my results.
    Since today I'm back from Red Bull Ring. What a crazy weekend I'm complete ko :p but it was fantastic :D

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Triple screen and SLI is +/- ok. Not perfect but working.

But for single screen users: There is no gain in SLI: turn it off or enable SLI and enable physx to the other card.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

ISI is this in the rF2 gfx engine implemented ? :

In the absence of an SLI profile that prevents the inter-GPU transfer of render targets, there is a way in which the application can to avoid this performance penalty: clearing the render target each frame before using it by calling the appropriate Clear() function. This applies to all render targets, whether used as color or depth-stencil buffers. If the application clears render targets in this fashion, the driver will assume that data does not need to be preserved and forego the need to copy the render targets between GPUs.

and

Clears should be used judiciously, such that redundant Clear calls are avoided.

more details here on site 7: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/whitepapers/2011/SLI_Best_Practices_2011_Feb.pdf

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

In the meantime and after many hours of testing I found some settings which gave me a good compromise between fps and image quality.
    I will post the used settings here in the evening.
    One thing I've learned: The nvidia SLI-AA does not work if nvidia surround is activated. This setting work only in SLI mode with a single or dual display (with my two 670er)

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

ISI after some research in the nvidia forum I know now that many titles does not work good out of the box with SLI until the dev studio submit a request for creating a custom driver profile to nvidia.
    After many ours of testing I know also the hdr feature seems to be the reason.

My question is: Has ISI made a request for a custom SLI profile or is ISI planning to do that?

9. Peter Boese

Peter Boese Registered

Hello,

after days trying different bits now i got one. with it sli + multiview + hdr!!! is now working for me.

bit: 0x02C00405

important is, leave this values to autoselect:
    SLI_GPU_COUNT_AUTOSELECT
    SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_AUTOSELECT
    SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_AUTOSELECT
    SLI_RENDERING_MODE_AUTOSELECT

now i got 60fps with 5900*1080 + multiview + hdr with 23 ai on track....

maybe its a bit for everybody....

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx will try and compare this setting to the one I found.

11. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Here are the SLI settings and rF2 ingame gfx settings I currently use.
    Maybe the one or other flag is useless but due the endless possibilities ATM I'm not motivated to test any more. With this settings I got a good compromise between fps and image quality but
    there is still room for improvements.
    The final solution IMO must be that ISI request by nvidia a custom driver profile. Until this happen we have to live with this !#?shi#*

View attachment 13705 View attachment 13706 View attachment 13707 View attachment 13708
    forget the SLI Indicator value from my setting. Default value "disabled" is fine.
    Edit: Forgot to mention I cut the fps at 64 fps to reduce tearing. Try 63 or 64 fps.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2014
  12. Magus

Magus Registered

See HERE ... seems to be useful for those running 2 cards only.

13. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yes the 0x02C00405 is a often used bit. I know this from research on the nvidia and 3dguru forum.
    With SFR rendering the fps are acceptable and the flickering is reduced
    But you can get still better quality if you play with the AA compatibility bits and some settings for enviroment reflection.
    Also I learned that the enviroment reflection are important for the immersion factor.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

What a joke....

- 2x 780 Ti (SLI) with newest WHQL driver (340.52?) with both GPUs running at full, native 16x PCI-E 3.0 (X79, LGA 2011).

Single screen, 1920x1080, Nvidia driver defaults, rf2 AA level 3, HDR, all in-game graphics absolutely maxed.

Eve F3 @ Mills. No AI. No rain/water.

In pits immediately after pressing drive....

SLI - 100 fps
    Single card - 172 fps

Come on! Why the hell do/did AMD crossfire seem to work on games EVEN WITH NO SPECIFIC PROFILE (eg, 2x HD 6970s, and 3x HD 6950s in GT Legends and some very early rF2 builds), but with Nvidia it seems like SLI only screws-up performance unless Nvidia specifically makes a profile? Why does AMD's crossfire "just work" so much more often while Nvidia's SLI just screws your performance unless Nvidia actually creates a profile specifically for your game??.....

There seems to be a bit of progress in this thread though (unfortunately they all have their downsides as well). Which driver settings (Nvidia control panel and/or Inspector) give the best SLI usage and highest fps, regardless of image quality degradation/issues?

15. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I know I'm not helping much, but I gave up on multi gpu setups long ago, more hassle than their worth, I think software devs know this too

even when fps is higher (when using multi gpu) the overall experience seems less fluid

best thing I did was to turn off the second gpu

16. Patronic

Patronic Banned

hmm.
    I have to run mid details, because the cards are already 5 years old ;)
    With a single card I have stable 100fps. With 2 Cards I have stable 120fps. not much improvement

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Do you have 3D Capable monitors?

20. adaptable1

adaptable1 Registered

These settings got my 2x GTX 680 4GB in SLI to 99% utilization on both cards with HDR on (5870 x 1080 resolution).... I still needed to lower AA, AF, and shadows to fairly low settings to get frame rates near 60 FPS. Something definitely seems off. I'm able to maintain 100+ fps in SLI in Assetto Corsa with most settings cranked up and there seems to be much more eye candy.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014