nurburgring/nordschleife

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by TravisRoe666, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Jav

Jav Registered

Definitely a +1 for this! Yes yes please yes! A profesionally rendered track is gonna be 1000 times better than any 3rd party one!

2. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thats certainly unfair for modders isnt it.
    I had both modern and historic Lemans and Nordschleiffe ar rf1 and they were all simply stunning!
    So a bit of modesty please?

3. StevenQ74

StevenQ74 Registered

4. Jav

Jav Registered

Oh please don't get me wrong, I absolutely applaud and appreciate what the modding community has done for rFactor. Didn't mean any disrespect with my comment so I appologize if it came truough that way, not my intention at all!

5. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

It's funny how people still convinced that when they've to pay for a content (this is the only real difference from a modder and a professional)...this one will be FAR BETTER for sure.

I don't like to call names...but there are plenty of examples of official contents that are 100% rubbish...:)

My 2 cents.

7. Tuttle

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

well... you know tons of facts about this than I, but I wonder.

Isnt it a fact that sometimes proper research costs money that modders simply cannot cope with?

Otherwise, yes, a lot of times, payware is inferior to freeware.

Anyway, as I understand it, payware guys and freeware guys are one of a kind, regarding skills ;)

9. Tuttle

Everything cost money mate...even when a modder release a mod for free. Think at the time spent to make research and money to make the job (ADSL connection, energy, books, software, hardware...etc.), sometimes buying specific information not available in the web (EG; I'm buying a Frex shifter just to test properly the Formula 3 and I bought some cheap data for Dunsfold as well)...but I think the professional side is overestimated most of the time; not just for "quality" (a term with a LOT of angles of view) but for resources, especially for tracks.

Forgetting about laser scanning, there are tons of data and infos out there...and if you know how to manage those resources, the quality (potential with same skills) is in both hands; pros and mods. And if you don't have an official license from the real track/car...(and you've to change the name to avoid legal problems and/or fake the car bodyshape to release it) you're going to do pretty the same as a modder; photo research, official manuals for cars, Lidar/GIS/GPS data for tracks, image triangulation for buildings etc etc, phone calls, emails...

Of course there are much more rubbish mods than official contents, but the equation Official Content = Quality and High Fidelity is WRONG. :)

IMHO...of course. :)

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I know a lot about how much, non paid working hours cost, that is JUST one of my reasons to appreciate your work.

Im really glad you feel confident and eager about it (your results - modding community's and yours show this clearly), so, GO GO GO

11. Tuttle

Just trying to explain that sometimes it's just Marketing...good marketing, and it works! If you ask me what's the main difference between pro contents and mod contents...I'll answer "marketing". :) Of course I'm talking about contents...programming a graphic engine, a physic engine etc...it's another world. :p

BTW...I was surprised when I joined the CTDP, some weeks ago...you've no idea how professional they're and well organized. Everything is in the right place and they're searching for the best source all the time. I'm used to work in team for my daily job and honestly I can't see the difference when I see a modding group like this, even they're working for free. But I could say the same for Virtual LM, MMG, F1SR and many others...

...great contents are just great contents. No matter if you have to pay for it or not...

:)

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes, I was pleasently surprised (to say the least) about the work CTDP, Virtua LM, MMG, (Petro's?) F1SR, HistoricX and your work at Dallara (which I expect asap) and a lot I cannot recall (far from a know all here).

I was pleasently surprised too, that the legacy of GPLEA cars continues, with amazing results :eek:

13. gplayonline

gplayonline Registered

C'mon ISI, we want Nurbutgring on rF2!!

14. MOD43

MOD43 Registered

Sad News I think you guys will be interested in

http://www.foxsports.com.au/motor-sports/formula-one/the-iconic-nuerburgring-circuit-in-germany-faces-insolvency-and-seeks-a-government-bail-out/story-e6frf3zl-1226429603908

The iconic Nurburgring circuit in Germany faces insolvency and seeks a Government bail-out

From correspondents in Berlin, Germany
    AAP
    July 19, 2012 7:38AM

Icon ... Germany's Nuerburgring circuit is under threat. Source: Supplied

Germany's Nurburgring circuit, which has hosted Formula 1's German Grand Prix, is to launch insolvency proceedings amid fears it could run out of cash while the European Commission considers planned government aid.

The state government in Rhineland-Palatinate, which owns financially-troubled operating company Nurburgring GmbH, decided on the move on Wednesday, the dapd news agency reported.

State governor Kurt Beck said the reason was that the European Union's executive commission wasn't expected to approve planned government aid of 13 million euro ($A15.6 million) by the end of this month.

That would lead "with high probability to an insolvency at the end of the month because of a lack of liquidity," Beck said in the state capital, Mainz. He said his government decided to pre-empt that by choosing to launch "orderly insolvency proceedings".

The German GP has alternated in recent years between the Nurburgring and Hockenheim circuits. This week's race is at Hockenheim.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2012
  15. Jav

Jav Registered

Yes, this is more reason for us to beg all the developers out there to laser scan and digitally SAVE THE RING!!!

16. coops

coops Banned

i know the RF pro tracks are LIDAR scanned

ok Tim are rf2 users allowed to buy these tracks for rf2 off of ISI ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    now this would be the biggest and best thing for the wish list

17. Jav

Jav Registered

That would be pretty sweet! I'd pay for laser scans of the Nordshleife in a hurry!

18. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

++++++++++++++111111111111

19. Ed Straker

Ed Straker Registered

Yes please,a nice 60's Nurburgring to go with Spa and Monaco would be fantastic.

20. Jav

Jav Registered

Oh yeah!