Not sad but inevitable: CdnRacer wins. Reputation points off.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SLuisHamilton, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Honestly I'm happy with this. The rep. points is stuff for kids. :)

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Yes, I suspected his "campaign" was his way of boycotting reputation points system.

Too bad that instead of getting what he deserves he got what he wanted. It's a bit awkward that one person brought the system down by abusing it, but so be it. I can understand moderators don't have the time to deal with individual cases, but I get the feeling our intentions were misunderstood.

Let's put it behind us now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  4. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I dont think its sad, I personally asked for points to stop or hidden a long time ago, Im glad for Tims decision, yes, whole thing went too far.

As for anyone getting what he deserves, reporting offensive, racist or rude posts, will give anyone what he deserves, as I have total confidence in this forum's moderator's judgement.

5. Tuttle

I think a good forum have to limit, much as possible, any "instrument" or feature who can help the fight between users...and the reputation point was just something like that.

I hope we're wise enough to manage our discussions without looking how many green/red lights we have in the avatar section. ;)

6. tjc

tjc Registered

+1 Tuttle

@ Tim

The wording at the top of the forum for "giving people rep if they answer your post in a helpful way" is still showing up sometimes... just thought I`d say.

7. 10speed

10speed Registered

It's quite the opposite ... Without reputation points there will hopefully be less attention whoring by some individuals who used to start an endless number of threads every day. And since there was not much "fighting" going on (at least that's what I experienced ...) there is no need for "instruments".

8. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

I know many websites where reputation system works very well, I know also few where only positive rep are available.

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

nnnnooooooooo!!!!! my whole self asteem was based on these reputation points, it was the only thing that kept me going and i felt better then others when i saw their points decrease and i would even ignore any user with less then-points because surely they where trolls or stupid anyways etc etc etc.

:p

10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If there was a system to only give positive rep, so it was used to create a positive environment, I would have left it on. I'll look into a 'Thanks' button.

The change was motivated by a lack of time to deal with this every time it comes up. :)

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Fair enough Tim, i would have done the same tbh. things can get so off topic and tedious at times.

The simracing community is supposed to be a mature community anways, kids use the consoles, old farts like us have the patience to do simracing. so if anything we dont even need such things realy?
    If we are able to ignore people then that should be sufficient enough, community can step in as well and mods only have to step in on occasion, the rest is all rubber in the pitlane.

(see what i did there, its actualy water under the bridge but i changed it lololo i'm so clever)

13. PorscheMR6

PorscheMR6 Registered

i don't see how cdnracer won here....
    he was using it the most after all.

i don't care about rep. i think it's childish. I WON! ..i..

14. Tuttle

+1!

I absolutely want to give you a positive rep for this one! LOL :D

15. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

16. djvicious

djvicious Registered

17. Miro

Miro Registered

18. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

A "Thanks" of "I Like" icon will be great instead of the old reputation system. So as I can't use that: Thanks CdnRacer for pointing me on this old OP thread, I enjoyed his sense of humor and take it second degree like intended ;)

Edit: Mmmmm, what mean this gray icon under my avatar saying my RFactor 2 is not validated?

Edit2: Ok, I found and registered!

19. Schueppe

Schueppe Registered

Personally I think that a system which let's people give positiv rep in a limited number a day works best. You can't spam them like this and there can be no personal agenda against someone (at least over the rep system). At the same time you can still see posts which the community approves/likes.

Send from a mobilphone.

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Are you insane? I'm not crying. Don't need to look how many "stars" someone has to see if worth to read his post or not.
    I'm gonna report your post now.
    Edit: i thought lololo means i'm laughing a lot. Strange how old farts like us ( as someone said before) give attention to this kind of thing.
    Edit 2: Tim should disable new thread buttons after midnight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.