[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Justy

Justy Registered

Given 1.80.2 a good run today and so far, so good! :cool:

I do still get a very very small amount of FFB "chatter" with the cars I've tested, but only when cornering hard and even then it is not really all that noticeable. I've noticed the exact same thing on ISI's historic spa, so maybe if this FFB behaviour bugs people, with these types of tracks it's best to use a small amount of FFB smoothing (that's what its what it's there for ;) ), as was already suggested earlier in the thread. Certainly I think it's perfectly acceptable. The grass feels much more dangerous now too, so thankyou very much for that! However, do feel free to make it a bit more dangerous if you think it appropriate. ;) :p

Not seen any issues whatsoever with the AI. All in all, a job well done Tosch and DJC.

I would love to test some more, but, I have to go out for the rest of the afternoon now. For me this is definitely release ready. Well done gents and thankyou! :cool:

Cheers
    Justin

2. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hi all,

v1.80.2 works great. I immediately noticed the grass is now "green ice", as I quickly met with a friendly wall :). Someone had asked for a reduction in saturation of greeneries and while I initially thought they were being too picky, it looks much better and natural now (partly cloudy, 12 noon). Finally, just to drive Tosch nuts, I could use a little more feedback and rattling on the big carousel, if that's possible. It works fine now but watching videos of real cars they rattle apart going though that curve, especially if they miss the groove:

Cheers,
    JR

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That chatter is exactly one of the issues that "we" can likely work on going forward. It's not a deal-breaker; it's no worse than in ISI tracks; but it probably can be improved by use of less regular geometric pattern of bumpiness. We want aged corner asphalt to cause issues...it is often more worn and even broken compared to the same pavement laid at the same time that is on a straight area. Braking zones also get these extra ripples and imperfections in real life. But 1.8.0.2 is as good as any other for release purposes and I hope ISI and the brilliant brains working on this Nords keep pushing the limits and some day get the kind of subtlety we all crave.

4. Justy

Justy Registered

Yes, totally agree with you, on all of the above Marc. I didn't mean it to sound like a complaint, I did wonder whether there maybe stuff ISI can do here, to help as well. Reason being, I have noticed that the chatter seems to reduce slightly as the tyres warm up, or at least it feels that way to me. So maybe along with any future updates to the track itself, from Tosch and DJC, ISI can maybe add any tweaks/refinements, to the ffb/tyre model/whatever as well.

Seeing projects like this unfold makes me extremely excited for rF2's future. :D

Cheers

5. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Any plans to remove the last bit of curbing in the downhill esses after the bridge (2:28-2:40 in the video in post #405)?

Loving this track, and thanks for all your hard work!

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

What a blast ! thank you !

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I did 2 laps with the SpecMiata and I have to say it's a big improvement in terms of looking and FFB! i was the one who has complained about the trees/grass saturation, but now, at least for me, it is much better and more natural and eyes candy:)

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Today I've gone back to the drawing board in terms of colors. The desaturated textures (version 1.80.2) looked ok but something was wrong. I quickly checked my reference pic (every modder should have a reference pic) and readjusted the colors (reduced blue tones). The green hell is actually green, at least in summer. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

That looks very nice Tosch!

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Uploading version 1.81 now. This release is public!

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Top notch!

12. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Nice.
    F5
    F5
    F5
    LOL

13. Tosch

Tosch Registered

14. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

just tested 1.802. like others have said, best version yet. the carousel both at the top and before you come down the hill to the front straight feel great with simvibe, the grass makes you pay the price without feeling like ice. all the rumble strips kick you in the teeth and it's very easy to feel traction loss with the improved ff. i said it before and ill say it again. the best version of nords i have driven on any platform keeps gettin better. thanks guys! dan

15. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Thank you Tosch and DJ for your fantastic work and commitment to excellence.

16. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thanks Tosch, Done. Thanks for the overtime on the track.

Again thanks to Dickey Fuller and Juergen-BY for providing me with links for the online Get-Component button.

Just finished not long ago a 90 minute league race 22 drivers with test version 1.8.1. All went well.

Thanks all again.

DJC

17. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Version 1.8.1 tested, it's the best so far !!
    Thank you Tosch and DJ for all the effort and time inverted

18. Justy

Justy Registered

Marvelous! Downloading now! :D

Damn shame it's Monday tomorrow though. I could quite happily spend all day with this and the updated GT cars.

Thankyou once again DJC and Tosch.

19. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I just had great afternoon with the Nissan GT and this amazing track, trying to go under 6:50

20. Coanda

Coanda Registered

magic DJC & Tosch :cool: