[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Do you mind elaborating? What are these tools and how do they work?

2. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Been a very long while since I tried this track and all I can say is that it is now incredible. Performance, surface variation, immersion, etc. all simply off the charts. Funny when I tested the track I planned to do a single lap with the T280 but ended up doing 6 laps and then only stopped because I had to and was also drenched in sweat. Unbelievable. Thanks so much for this work of art.

4. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Hello P.S.R,

I do have an Oculus Rift DK2. The tool from Vitorio is the plugin to allow the headtracking using the rift. As I do have issues using TriDef , I am using Virtual Desktop with my rift. Of course not similar experience like ie with LFS , but with VD being able to simulate a huge curve screen and now with the headtracking rift, it is really fun driving

5. dpeagle

dpeagle Registered

tosch, i got your pm and tested v1.80.1 . version 1.80 worked fine for me with the fanatec csw wheel and simvibe, so i believe you wanted me to see how i was affected by this minor update. f.f. didn't change much, it was fine in 1.80 and also good in 1.80.1. tactile feedback in both chassis mode and extension mode in simvibe was affected slightly. impacts, road bumps and suspension bumps (front and rear) didn't change but road texture and vertical texture needed to be increased about 20%. in this version i have the urd maures t5 down to 06:47:267. you can really drift cars well on this road course. oh and for the green tree issue, i gotta say when i'm on the track i don't even see the trees. dan :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
  6. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Ah that explains it, Svenh007. Thanks.

7. delapecs

delapecs Registered

I also tried the test version with fanatec csw. All perfect now. DEFCON 3 :D
    On the other hand, and although it is a general 'functionality' of rFactor2 and not of this track, is there any way to reduce the very black shadow flicker and sawtooth? At this moment and thanks to the help of all of you in the forum I'm enjoying a high quality of image, which is altered only by the shadows that break the immersion.
    Thanks again

(I have moded clamped dll + 16xCSSA +16AF + all high + max framerate 144 )

8. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Thanks for all the comments and pm's guys. To summarize it we are on the right path but we need some fine tuning. :D

To give you an idea what I've changed here are some tdf values for both versions.

My plan for tonight is to release a new test version which includes
    - new tdf settings (reduced BumpWavelen and a bit variation)
    - reduced grip level of the grass to Silverstone values
    - desaturated green stuff (Trees, grass, bushes) for the summer layout. Just a test to give you an impression about the difference of 30 clicks less saturation.
    - AIW fix for the historic F1 at the last stone curb Fuchsroehre - Adenauer Forst.

9. Justy

Justy Registered

Cor blimey! Now that's what I call rapid response! Thankyou!

If I can help in anyway testing, I'm all ears. :)

Cheers

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

You are welcome. :D

Download link should be ready in 15 minutes.

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok, I will try it with a cloudy sky and different time!
    Said this, I tested the test version and I have to say that the ffb issues have been almost solved!
    Keep it going:)

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Interesting. I wasn't going to say anything but that is what it sounds like in this replay also but I don't feel it and only on brakes I think so could be something else but I didn't hear these sounds from cockpit so a little hard to tell from replay only.

Listen between 1:08 and 1:15 and at 1:45 and pretty much every turn. Again I have no idea what it is so be gentle ;)

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

1.80.1 is so much better regarding the rattle in Karoussells, thank you :cool:

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

1.80.2 is now "perfect" in that there are no noticeable FFB or colour/tone issues. No distractions or unnatural feelings, only pure enjoyment of the best version of Nords yet for any ISI-based title. And it will continue to get even better!!!

I am sure tweaks would occur going forward, but no reason in my view not to release 1.80.2 as the final version of this update round.

15. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

my god this update is so good! The new road textures and cameras!!!! I can't thank you guys enough for all the work. Simply wonderful.

16. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Where i can find the v1.80.2? :confused:

17. svenh007

svenh007 Registered

Hello ernie, Tosch did ask for Beta Testers and the colleagues who did volunteered for it, received a seperate mail where to download the file.

I am sure it will be made available soon. I have tested it this morning, and I feel that this is the best Nordschleife I drove.
    The FFB is just great

Well done to the team.
    Thanks a lot

Sven

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk HD

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

If we don't find any game breakers today I will upload the "official" version 1.81 tonight.

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Looking forward to it, will keep an eye on this topic then!

20. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Ah thanks for making it clear.