New Snetterton 300 v0.71 released

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Acestumacher, Jan 30, 2012.

1. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Sorry for late reply! It was the previous version that had the bug mentioned :)

2. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

I raced with meganes at mills the ai with 4 x fuel and the second pit in the car started moving /floating past the pit crew down pit lane but the pit stop was still completed , it started moving after about 50sec in pits as I had damage it was a 1m.20sec pit stop.

3. Mauro

Mauro Registered

4. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I have a different situation i have placed the Snetterton300.rfcmp in the packages folder but it is not displaying in the mod manager, the only way i can get on the track is by using the component manager in game. This also prevents it from being used in on-line races as the track is not visible when setting up the dedicated server. Is there any plans to fix these issues?

Great track by the way and i would love to see the original Snetterton as well.

5. dano1990

dano1990 Registered

Ian in the mod manager have you tried clicking the options tab and unchecking the show mods only. Thats the way to do it.

6. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

Thanks, that solved the mod manager issue but it still don't show up in the dedicated server track list. Is there a cure for that as well or is it something that needs fixing in the track mod?

7. Slothman

Slothman Registered

Yep, you need to generate a MODID using the MOD system.

I would suggest getting the tutorial from the tutorials area on Packaging and having a go.

8. fastfezzer

fastfezzer Registered

Really enjoying this circuit. Thankyou. :)

Noticed one thing, I was offline, 20 cars, Megane's in 5 lap race. Every time we started, an AI car would end up catching a protrusion at the end of the pit wall and then flew into the air.

9. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I have done a package with an on-line ID and it works a treat, just need to sort the dds format for the icons in the mas file an i will release the mod so others can run on-line.

I have noticed a problem with the AI, on a long practise session they start parking up in their pit boxes blocking all the garages. in rF1 the AI very rarely sat in the pit boxes the went back to their garages, is this a problem with the track or the AI in general.

Also i don't see any lights at the end of the pit-lane to let you know the session is open.

10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I love the track, too bad for rfmods. Can't race it online. Let's hope ISI fixes this TERMINAL problem.

11. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

12. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

You just copy and paste your responses? You say this about all the added tracks.

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If it works (i'm going to test now) he can copy and paste it a hundred times. No one else is getting this stuff online and what IS online is getting stale. Thanks for the work, mavericckk

14. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Didn't work. Says none of the mods are installed.

15. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I don't know what the fuss is about, it takes about 10 minutes to setup a vmod so these tracks can be used on-line and i think eventually league admins will love this system. Being able to prepare a vmod for your league so you get no mismatch errors minutes before a race will allow everyone on the server to concentrate on preparing for the race not sorting out peoples mismatch errors.

Although i can see the problems at the moment during beta testing where you see a server with people on it and you can't join because you cant find the vmod they are using. May be ISI should think of a vmod library where you get a link from the MP lobby to the vmod that is being used, and if people creating the vmod's use the description area to list all the components needed for the vmod may be it could then work for casual racers who are not part of a league.

16. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

17. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I did just that. It didn't work. Says that it's Unable to Install the Following mods and the Advanced Info says that none of the mods are installed. Even the stock content. I can race any of the stock content online (and Sears Point too) and all of it I can race offline.

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, got it working. For one thing, the Advanced info is of no help. It said nothing was installed, when all I was missing was the 1.3 update to Sears Point. Once I updated it installed the mod. Lesson learned- don't read the Advanced Info. However- in the Advanced TAB, in the Log View, it did tell me what the problem was.

OK, now to test. Once again, thanks for the work!!

19. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

I have downloaded that but cant seem to install it, it says "Unable to install the following mods" then lists the 1.4 of the ~ISR~Custom~Server~. If I right click it in mod manager and look at the properties on the advance info button it says all the components are "Not Installed" but they are.

I have creates a single mod and track vmod for the Meganes at Snetterton available here Megane_at_Snetterton300.rfmod

20. Ian-C

Ian-C Registered

That fixed it for me too.