NEW rFactor2 Cars Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ViSo, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I have Cars Stats online again, with some improvements, but for now only 370z GT4 is added, I will be adding new mods from now, I will add all ISI mods firstly.

2. Axe

Axe Registered

many thanks for your effort

3. Markj

Markj Registered

Fantastic, i'd just posted in the wishlist section for something to be added in game, which would still be nice, but this is brilliant news. Thank you :D

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I found whats wrong here: The load is PER TIRE load, and not just the car weight. It isnt a static value like car weight, it changes all the time, but on Motec you can see an average load per lap (load per tire remember that is not the full car load, is per tire load.), and that is what you have to use for Load in order to get the correct optimal pressure.
    I have some friends who tested that, and they told me that they are doing better times.

5. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Interesting
    But I've some difficulties to understand (also I've a bad english :p)
    My aim is with your Car stat to calculate the optimal pressure for front and rear tires. For example a GT car under GTR 2 had a optimal pressure at 200Kpa with warm tires (front and rear).

6. ViSo

ViSo Registered

- CarStat show both base + multiplier values for that reason, to calculate the optimal pressure. How?
    - I will show you an example, with Formula 3.5 and portugal circuit. CarsStats give you that:
    Front Tires: Base=100.0 kPa and Multiplier=0.0120
    Rear Tires: Base=98.0 kPa and Multiplier=0.0108
    - With Motec, I have this graphic with each tire load: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2wg98w6.jpg
    The graphic isnt showing the min/avg/max values (I dont remember how to do ...) so I will use similar values. In that graphic, front tires are around 4000 most of the time, and rear tires are around 5000.
    For front tires: 100+(4000*0.0120)= 148.0 kPa optimal presure.
    For front tires: 100+(5000*0.0108)= 154.0 kPa optimal presure.

This is a example with Symetric values for Front and Rear tires, you can do this with each wheel individually.

Dont worry about English, is not my main language so I will do mistakes too. I hope you understand that now :)

EDIT: Here another lap, but with min/avg/max activated! so you can do better measssurements: http://oi62.tinypic.com/2e2lbv4.jpg
    Averages are: 3114 and 2164 for front tires, 4022 and 3398 for rear tires, with that, you can do each wheel individually and do a great setup :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  7. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Ok thank mate.
    I think I understand (need some tests to be sure :p)

8. ViSo

ViSo Registered

New v1.3
    - New tooltips.
    - Reduced the mods file size by 15%.

Give some feedback, how do you feel the new tooltips?

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

can u do that for modded stuff too? in particular URD EGT?

10. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I will not add any paid mod, only free stuff, Im sorry.

Enviado desde mi Note 3 con tapatalk

11. KAMPFBIBER81

KAMPFBIBER81 Registered

Hi ViSo

Do you see a chance to add infos about the Marussia Mod?

Thanks in advance

12. ViSo

ViSo Registered

You have the answer on ''Information'' page, Marussia is one of the locked mods, I cannot add anything about Marussia for that reason, Im sorry.

13. ViSo

ViSo Registered

new mods added ;)

- Lola.
    - IFS3.
    - Mazda787.

Next planning mods:
    - ISI mods: Spark, EVE, Howston.
    - Ostra Cup
    - Pescarolo LMP1/2

14. ViSo

ViSo Registered

New feature: Pressure calculator!
    with the last finding about pressure tires, having to open the calculator and calculate the pressures manually, now there is an automatic calculator, just put your prefered values, and then it will give you the pressure that you have to put on setup.

New mods:
    - Eve.
    - Spark.
    - Ostra.
    - Panoz.

Visit

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  15. Emery

Emery Registered

For the backward USA drivers, can you add a toggle for metric/English measurements?

16. ViSo

ViSo Registered

at the moment my core-website is not compatible with that, Im sorry.

17. Yannick Lapchin

Yannick Lapchin Registered

Hello ViSo,

I am trying to access the link www.carstat.viso36.es but it seems it doesn't work.
    I'm really interested in seeing how the tire pressure calculator works.

Also, in my opinion, if there is an optimal pressure to have in a tire for a given vertical load, there is also an optimal temperature on it. But, I don't think that the optimal pressure will give also the optimal temperature at the same time. For me the optimal pressure will be the one which give the best compromise between optimal pressure AND optimal temperature. That's why, in my opinion, the optimal pressure given by load calculator might be modified to get even more grip, when reducing gap to optimal temperature.
    For exemple, if you are in first turn of Shanghai track with a theorical optimal pressure, as the turn is long and really hurting tires, tire temperature will be way over optimal temperature (as friction force at contact path, which plays a major role in heating tire, more than heating temperature because of the rising pressure perfect dry gas inside the tire, and also because heat transfert between compound and inside gas will not occur immediately). So then, you may have a very good tire pressure, but a bad temperature. So, after this, if you rise pressure to reduce contact path and so friction, you will get away from optimal pressure in this turn, but will have better grip thank to a better temperature (reduced). But how much we have to increase tire pressure to have the perfect compromise ?

For that, we need to know how "quick" grip will decrease when getting away from optimal temperature, AND also in an other hand from optimal pressure.
    Is there a way to know this ?

Thank you very much,

Yannick