NEW rFactor2 Cars Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ViSo, Nov 29, 2013.

1. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Hi ViSo,

Congratulation for this very helpfull website.

Have a question about optimal tire pressure.
    Example for front tyres of Nissan GTR (R35) we can see 115 kPa , 0,0130.
    I saw in the help it's the base pressure and the formule to calculate the optimal pressure with weigth and fuel. I've make this : 115 + ((1325+50)*0.013) = 133 kPa (I hope it's good for units that use for weight - Kg)
    But this 133 kPa it's an optimal pressure in use (hot tyres) or to start with cold tyres because it's seem to me too deflate. I was thinking an optimal pressure was around 190-200 kPa for a GT1 with around 95°C (like your stat).

I've done a mistake ?

Sorry for my bad English, thanks

2. ViSo

ViSo Registered

You are right, the actual formula is wrong, that is what is specified everywhere, but is wrong, I remember some month ago I found the true formula, but I cant remember it.
    What I can say is that:
    Oficial ISI data for Skip Barber:
    Front: 220kpa - 248kpa
    Rear: 234kpa - 262kpa

My calculation was that: 20L = 238kpa / 10L = 197kpa. I was correct, but as I said I forgot the formula ... I sorry for that, I will search about that I fix it.
    With the wrong formula is: 20L = 166Kpa.

3. SVO

SVO Registered

ViSo,

When clicking on the 'Click here to expand' button on the engine chart, all that is happening for me is a transparent box pops up that I can X out of, but it is not showing any information. I am using Google Chrome on a desktop machine.

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

@SVO
    It happens always? with some specific car/mod?
    I did some tests, and seems that the website dont get loaded completely, this means that the last element (which is the HD engine chart) doesnt load, it is 2am for me, I dont have time right now, but tomorrow I will solve it, thanks you for your report.

@GaeTanL
    right now I cant found anything about pressures, everywhere says that: {base+load*multiplier}, but like I said before thats not true.

5. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

Ok thanks.

Maybe if Tim read this post, he may give an idea ;) (I hope)

6. ViSo

ViSo Registered

@SVO
    I did some checks, and I cant see any evidence, the only thing I found is seems there is a timeout, and slow connections will achieve it without finishing the loading but I will try to increase that time, but dont know how.

@GaeTanL
    Im now blank, the formula I was speaking before seems to be wrong, there are 47kpa for 639kg load, and 88kpa for 649kg, that cant be correct. So I hope Tim can help us.

Enviado desde mi MI 2S mediante Tapatalk

7. SVO

SVO Registered

I was in the Eve. I'll try again and test a few more cars. Very slow at work right now anyway!

8. SVO

SVO Registered

I tested every car you have for the expanded graph. They all worked flawlessly this morning! Well Done! Perhaps it was on my end yesterday with the big storm creating problems in the USA.

9. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Added the Lola T280 by Pixsim

and a note: I cannot update the Corvette because ISI locked their files.

10. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

This is a great resource for the community, ViSo, thanks!

I noticed an error in your FR3.5 aero data. The Min Diffuser Height should be 0.75cm, or 75mm. It jumped out at me because there's really no way to even achieve the listed ride height on the car, but I also checked the HDV file.

My advice would be to change those aero values to use mm, not that it's difficult to convert obviously but just because that's the convention used in vehicle measurements and is what's used in the sim.

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

0.75 cm =7.5 mm ?????

enviado mediante tapatalk

12. Matt Sentell

Matt Sentell Registered

LOL, I made that error because what he had listed in the database was 7.5cm, or 75mm, so I had 75mm on the brain. Thanks for catching it but what he had in the database is still incorrect. The HDV file has it at 7.5mm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  13. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Fixed, Im sorry for that, didnt saw this, Thanks you!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2014
  14. ViSo

ViSo Registered

http://www.carstat.viso36.es/

Added the Chevrolet Camaro v1.3
    Updated the Corvette to v1.43

Note: The URL Downloads will be available in <24h.

15. Arckeron

Arckeron Registered

Hi, i notice an error in the Formula Renault 3.5. The car weight is 703.5kg, not 1373kg. Thanxx for your car stats it's very useful.

16. ViSo

ViSo Registered

fixed that and some other values on FR3.5.

17. ViSo

ViSo Registered

The server who host this website ad my main website, have had a big serious problem with their servers having damaged lot of hardware and HDDs, I lost everything, I have to start practically from 0 everything, in my website, and in the CarStats website ... thats a big joke ... They have to create a new server and restart all services, and then I have to start everything from 0, so, I dont know when this will be solved, paying a hosting for that ...

18. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

Sorry to hear that Viso! So many of us appreciate you tool. I had a very good result in my Howston league this weekend by studying very closely the engine power band for the Brianza 10k track.

Hope you get it sorted easily as possible!

19. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I will re-do the entire website, but it will be a log term work, at the moment there is no mod request..
    Sorry for that, but the work to re-do everything again is a big one, and I have no motivation for this just now.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  20. Markj

Markj Registered

very sad to hear you have lost all this work, but also it was a really useful tool which will be greatly missed. Really hope you manage to recreate and share it again at some point in the future.
    Although as ISI know where all the info required comes from it really would be nice just to have a page in garage set-up that gives key parameters for each car, rather than needing to open up MAS files etc.