NEW rFactor2 Cars Stats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ViSo, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ViSo

ViSo Registered

What you can found in my website?
    - Engine data: everything you will need about the engines, incluing an HD torque/power chart!
    - Tire data: grips and both pressure and temperature optimal values, including a pressure calculator!
    - Brakes data: optimal temperature range.
    - Pitstops data: everything you will need about pitstops times.
    - General data: car weigth, fuel capacity, and much more!
    - Aid penalties data: aid penalties.
    - Aerodynamics: useful diffuser data.

Last Update:
    v1.31c (28/03/2014)
    - Mod: Ostra.
    - Mod: Panoz.

- The new rFactor 2 Cars Stats website has lot of useful stats to know more about your favorite mods, with English and Spanish languages support.
    - Im still working on adding new mods, and for now I dont have enabled the ''mod request'', but I will add it as soon as posible.
    - I accept any suggestions, if you want something to be displayed, mistakes/bug, etc ...

Currently Working:
    - Howston cars
    - Pescarolo car

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Congratulations for your job. Very nice!!!

enviado mediante tapatalk

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Not sure about RF2, but I know in RF1 you should be able to get values for optimum ride height (with regards to downforce) for front and rear, optimum ride height (with regards to diffuser downforce), optimum rake for downforce, and optimum rake for diffuser downforce. I'm not sure if you can get all 4 but you should be able to get something like that. I believe at the very least you should be able to to get optimum front/rear ride height & rake for maximum downforce.

What about drag?

WHY CANT THE GAME PULL ALL THIS DATA FOR US AUTOMATICALLY (AND DYNAMICALLY, DEPENDING ON DIFFERENT CAR PARTS/UPGRADES) INGAME FOR EVERY CAR??

For example, in the RFactor 1 F3 mod, you can choose whether you have the air intake on the right or left side of the drivers head. Does this affect physics? Will either side of the car be just that tiny, tiny bit heavier than the other depending on which side you place the air intake?? This stuff should all be dynamic. RF2 is by far the most dynamic sim out there, especially when you factor in weather, driving line, rubber, water, tyres, different seasons and world locations (affecting temperature, humidity and even colours of the graphics/lighting) etc. That's why I'm surprised such a hardcore technical thing like this is, and never has been as of yet, included in RFactor/RFactor 2.

Imagine going through all the cars, and all the versions of the cars, all the upgrade parts, etc. of the GP79 mod?? Seeing all the differences between not only all the manufacturers cars, but each manufacturers own cars, seeing different downforce and drag numbers, seeing the weight of the car change depending on which engine you use, seeing how the Monza special areo package affects different stats, and so on and so on.

Imagine looking at all the differencent upgrade packages of your F1 car throughout the season? All the race by race upgrades the teams bring to each race and seeing exactly how the car stats change so minutely based on the different packages/improvements you get race by race?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2013
  4. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Such a great info-tool. Its a shame ISI didn´t put this in-game.

5. ViSo

ViSo Registered

@Spinelli
    Thanks you for your reply, I found that, is the only thing I fount about rake, this is the optimal diffuser rake, the last one you said:
    DiffuserRake=( 0.015, -2.5, 20.0) // optimum rake (rear - front ride height), 1st order with current difference from opt, 2nd order

And I found another value that seems to be the ''optimal diffuser ride height'':
    DiffuserLimits=(0.028, 0.15, 0.07) // min ride height before stalling begins (0.0=disabled), max rear ride height for computations, max rake difference for computations

But I dont know what are them and how important are them for setups or something, if you tell me that they are useful I will add them.

About drag values, I think I will not add them, I dont see any advantage to know what amount of drag there is. About the F3 by MAK-Corp, the intakes are pure visual, I checked the files and they are pure visual, yes, in real life what you say is true, but thats a simulator and some things are pure visual. You can change RIMs in some mods like Mazda 787B for example, it give you the option to remove the RIMs, but again it is pure visual, there is no performace change. Speaking about Mazda 787B it give you the options to remove the engine cover and the front bonnet, and again they are pure visual changes. I rechecked every mod file to be sure about that. Im sorry but if the values arent useful I will not add them.

6. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Great Tool Viso, thank you very very much for the effort

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Removing the mazda engine cover doesn't affect drag and/or downforce? What about engine cooling? I guess it all depends on how the mod makers implement it. Same with the rims, they should have differences (even if tiny) in drag, brake cooling (different spoke designs affect how the brake heats gets dissipated), I wish every single part made a difference in physics. I guess that is just down to the mod makers, sorry I am getting off topic.

Optimal diffuser rake and ride height is/can be VERY important :). The diffuser in sime cars generates a lot of downforce, but somecars, ESPECIALLLY ground effects cars, are VERY sensitive to get this setup properly. The right combination of not just the rake (front to rear angle/difference in ride height) but the actual ride height figures themselves can have a very large impact on downforce generation.

I will get the manual for the RFactor 1 GP79 mod for you, I believe they explain it in there and how it relates to RFactor 1 physics engine :)

8. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I find it odd that you would call cars "mods", but I'll take a look, thank you.

9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Well if it's a truck or a boat, you don't really want to call it a truck car or a boat car, do you? ;)

10. ViSo

ViSo Registered

But what you change in garage to modify the diffuser rake? the ride height?
    I think they are mods, just see the ''BES for rF2'' mod, can I call it ''car''? if it is correct I change it I have no problem. Its true that usually there are just one car, but not always (EVE, Spark, BES, ...)

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yup. Sorry I haven't been on my computer to get the manual link for you yet. The rake is the angle between the front ride height and the rear. The rake can make a huge difference, in certain cars, not only in the downforce provided by the diffuser but also in the total downforce provided by the entire underbody/floor. Especially cars with underbody "tunnels", ground effects (side skirts), etc. The amount of downforce can change a lot depending on front ride height, rear ride height, and rake (angle/difference of front to rear ride height).

Some cars will be very sensitive to downforce gain/loss depending on changes in the perfect ride heights and rake, other cars less sensitive. Some cars may gain a lot of downforce, some cars not. Depends on the type of car.

12. Markj

Markj Registered

Great job, very useful website :D
    I agree with other posters no idea why this ISI doesn't show this info in game, ie somewhere in the garage setup tabs would be sensible.

13. ViSo

ViSo Registered

@Spinelli
    I really want to add that Diffuser information, but there are some thing that I dont understand, like min/max values optimal and that thing, I cant read them in the HDV file, here you have all the Diffuser/Ride height/Rake info:
    Can you tell me where are these vaules?

What I can see:
    An optimal ride height can be: 6.0CM front, and 7.5CM rear, that followint the 0.015 value from Diffuser Rake value that says optimal rake.

Now, the Difuser limit have 3 values, the first one is the minimum diffuser height, but, how you set that difusser height, is the same as rear height?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Sorry I'm not a modder. I have no idea.

There is some cool general information about ride height/underbody downforce "ground effects"/rake in the GP79 mod manual on pages 53-55. Nothing too specific to help you with those mod values, but some really interesting general information. The manual came out like 7 years ago, probably the best manual I have ever seen for a game, let alone a free mod.

http://speedy.sh/grgGd/gpmanual101.pdf

15. ViSo

ViSo Registered

There are some fake limits, like the temperature tire limit, if there is no limit the engine could crash, and for that reason there is a limit.
    So I removed them since they do nothing.

Rake is confirmed and is ok.
    Min diffuser height is confirmed and is ok too.

Do you know something to add about aerodinamic? is odd to have just 3 values :S

16. Miro

Miro Registered

Very useful, thx.

17. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

1 word: Telemetry. How do you think raceteams get that data? When they put a new part on the car in F1 do you think they know what it's going to do on track? They test it.
    And you can test pretty much everything with tthe correct math.

Things like optimal ride height don't exist, they depend on the springs you use, the fuel level, the tire pressures, the downforce levels, the track, ...

18. SVO

SVO Registered

Great information site and it's laid out nicely as well. I looked a few things over and the only thing noticeable at the moment is the first sentence on your home page.

....rFactor 2 Cars Stats is your website to see every stat you want for all mods that you want, just clic on the mod selector and voilá!......

Clic = Click

You might also change --- Is not your mod there? go to Updates page and check how to add it! ---- To ---- Is your mod not there? Go to Updates page and check how to add it!

And in this sentence - If you what anything to be added

what = want

And no, I'm not the grammar police, far from it, although I am a teacher. :) Just trying to get things hammered out with/for you!

I'm not a telemetry, data guy, but I hope I can help with some of the less noticeable stuff.

Thanks again for information.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
  19. ViSo

ViSo Registered

@SVO
    Many thanks for that!
    English is not my native language, and I usually do some mistakes, and what I do a lot of times is that ''what = want'', I dont know why but I do it lot of times -_- ...

20. SVO

SVO Registered

No problem at all. And your very welcome! I knew English was not your native language as that seems to be the case for the majority of rf2 drivers. When I first skimmed through it I actually only saw 'clic'. It wasn't until I slowed down and checked it out closely did I find some of those errors. I just wanted to help you make it look as neat and professional as possible. It looks like a lot of work has gone into it. Well done!

Would you mind if I put a link to this from my website? Great information on CarsStats you don't normally see.