Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hi,
    Just tried M8 and noticed an issue where rearview camera and side mirrors don't work with "self in rearview" enabled. I find Self in rearview feature really immersive, and hope that official content will be adjusted to work with it correctly, so that community can follow.

Also, I noticed no visual damage/parts loss, is that coming? Thanks!

Jego likes this.
  2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Just an FYI the Rearview Camera is situated at the very back of the car so that's why you won't see any "self in rearview" in that screen, the wing mirrors point remains valid :)

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

You are right Marc, but that's not a problem. Problem is various parts of vehicle obstructing the view in side mirrors, and rear view camera is completely obstructed with something. Only very few open wheel mods have implemented this feature right, and if I am not mistaken, Stock Car Resurrection mod has it working correctly, but it is possible, and as official content, I think this immersive feature has to be supported.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Jego likes this.
  4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh right so you're saying with the Self In Rearview setting turned On the Centre Console Camera is obstructed? that I understand if so, yes I agree the Self In Rearview is a nice feature but there's so many cars where this doesn't work correctly that I don't think it'd be a quick fix unfortunately but you never know :)

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

A good starting point to support what is built into the engine, is the new official content :) Unless, this feature is marked to be deprecated, which would be disappointing, as it works nicely in iRacing and is working with some rF2 content :) It is no different from encouraging community to adapt new shaders.

Jego and MarcG like this.
  6. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Has the small overlapping in the Oreca sound samples been mentioned before? On- and off-throttle differ a bit when they transition...

Also the new feature to lower the opponent volume only lowers engine sounds it seems. Exhaust backfire sounds, for instance, are still as loud as before.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix, hopefully.

7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

One more issue with M8: when used as trainer, not all parts fade out on approach.

8. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Hey I'm having trouble getting the window to work in a skin I'm doing for Oreca. Used the template supplied and painted as per normal then made to dds and called altwindows.dds in the folder inside rF2 (for the car I've made who's car skin works OK) but I can't get the window to appear in the garage. :confused:
    Anyone got a tip for me?

Thanks in advance :)
    JT

EDIT: solved my problem, they should be "altwindow" not as the template suggests altwindows :):cool:

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  9. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

I'm pretty sure if you have any extra dds other than the car skin you have to package them in a mas file using the gMotor2 MAS File Utility. From the Launcher below Dev Mode or (MAS2.exe) found in rFactor 2/Support/Tools
    example:
    xxxxalt.dds
    xxxxaltHELMET.dds
    xxxxaltwindow.dds
    Package those three in a mas file named xxxxalt.mas

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  10. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Nah, you can have them as separate files, it's just neater to have them in a mas. Thanks though Adsta, it was the naming that I had wrong, it's working now. I will pack them once I'm finished tweaking.

11. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

OK JimmyT, I was thinking of online.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if the "extra" files are not packaged into a .mas with the body file, the extras won't be seen by others in the server.

12. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

It works for me. Sebring talent files:
    Porsche 100
    Corvette 90
    BMW 81
    Ford (URD) 58

13. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Not sure, I will be running a server with a mate maybe this weekend (??) and he doesn't currently have my skin so we should be able to answer that. I have made previous skins in mas files but as I said "I'm not sure I've finished painting this one" so don't want to mas it just yet (just an extra step every time a make a tweak)

14. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

Online you will only see the body.dds if you don't pack in a .mas file. It looks like only one file is transferred.

JimmyT, Jego and ADSTA like this.
  15. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Just want to say that I've encountered a same vibration trouble (flat spot like) but from the start of the car (AMG GT3, Bentley GT3, Radical GT3, Norma LMP3 and old ISI F1car since last update). I've got a T500RS (last firmware), rFactor2 integrity files check is ok, I really don't understand what happens :mad:.
    It's so disturbing that I don't drive those car…

16. Kevin van Dooren

Kevin van Dooren Registered

That could also be a case of ffb oscilations. Maybe your minimal torque is too high?

17. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanck you but I already test this solution. That's strange because it's only with some cars. The effect is worst as I turn because of mass transfert... It's like flat spot effect.

18. TJones

TJones Registered

@Mydriaz Hi, i also use a T500RS and don't know those issues.
    I have firmware: 41, and driver: 2.8.16.0.
    Feel free to try my "Controler.JSON" and see if that helps.

Attached Files:

19. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

What lines are you putting in the .RCD for this (Speed, aggression, etc)? I have the same issue as @fsuarez79 where i think I have it in correctly but it doesn't appear to be doing anything.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

:confused: