Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  2. domhnall

domhnall Registered

Hi folks. With regards to the cars in the endurance pack, is there any way of modifying the following parameters;
    • Engine lifetime (to increase the amount of mechanical failures)
    • Pitstops time (refueling and tyre change)
    My understanding is that values are hidden in the encrypted MAS files and can't be altered. If there is a way to edit these, I would be much obliged if someone could let me know. Many thanks!

McFlex likes this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

What part of "can't be altered" don't you understand? o_O

If you want more engine failures, you can look in Session Settings. In there, you can try changing Mech Failures from Normal to Time-scaled. Nothing else you can do unless you decrypt the MAS files and you won't learn that here.

4. domhnall

domhnall Registered

I am not asking how to decrypt the MAS files. I am simply asking if there is a way to overwrite the default values stored in the hdv files, perhaps through another file somehow. I have seen many times on ISI based sims over the years that values in certain files can take precedence over those in another file. This I understand quite clearly. Based on the lack of responses it does appear to be possible in this case. Many thanks for your suggestion of the session settings, but it not sufficient for what I am trying to achieve.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Should be possible to overwrite the pit timers by making an upgrade. Unless they locked that too.

6. domhnall

domhnall Registered

Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into this. Really appreciate the help! Thanks ;)

7. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

The Upgrade file may be able to make the change. You would have to create an update for the mod, for a newer version, including the Upgrade file with the changes. I've never tried, but maybe it will.

8. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Someone was trying to make it in Discord not sure if he managed to as it seems the car need the other stuff present in the default upgrade (and that one is locked).
    I know they may want to lock that so people wont change things like downforce, but as I said way back when they started planning the new UI: some HDV file stuff like pit menu, car weight (maybe with a 100kg limit for more or for less), fuel tank size should be possible to change so it fits whatever needs a league has and also for offline racing. If possible to modify it in a easy menu and the game generates the files would be perfect user friendly situation.

9. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

This should be added to the ever-growing list of things needed in the new UI :D

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I sent that as suggestion in December 2016 ;) together with many others, including some track stuff that is present in a gdb. I mean no matter if a game is a modding platform or not some basic no brainer stuff should not be encrypted or make you need to repack the whole thing for it to work and we should not have to deal with text files either.

I really hope the new UI is taking this long because they are working on all this stuff tho. If they release it with same functionality as the current one has... they better close the game and make a new one lol

11. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I think everyone feels the same way. It's been delayed for so long, that it better be good

12. Depco

Depco Registered

It feels like the new UI is becoming the next Star Citizen, but without the incredible amount of funding.

13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

can you imagine 200 million dollars for RF2 UI improvement-Development ?
    and 1000 dollars to have access of some photos and videos of new UI ?
    amazing moments we leave :)
    cheers

14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Had to google it cause I didn't know what it was, but based on wiki.....

"Star Citizen Development of the game began in 2011, and is being mostly financed from a large crowdfunding campaign. The game was originally planned for a 2014 release, but significant delays in production and the expansion of gameplay features have led to postponement."

I'd say you're right :D

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

try search Youtube for some very recent star citizen videos......

fsuarez79 likes this.
  16. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

My bet is until january

17. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

you KNOW that the length of time in development PRECLUDES anyone being totally in favor of the UI. For every post praising some aspect, there will be more posts lamenting some item left out, or poorly designed, or...well...I think it will be a tough sell.

Emery likes this.
  18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I don't care so much about the Ui (although it would be nice especially when introducing new people to rF2) , i just think existing issues should come higher on the list ! They are probably easier to fix also . Eg. Porsche RSR lap counter on motec clipping over position indicator or the visual mesh covering to ground at Zandvoort :(

19. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Well of course, I've spent enough time in this forum to know we are a tough crowd and we'll never be 100% satisfied but it can't be worse than the current one, so whatever it is, it will be an improvement

@2ndLastJedi it's not just for new people, I've played rF2 for almost 2 years now and still get overwhelmed with the complexity of doing things that should be straightforward, and without knowing exactly what they're working on, it will likely also come with new features that we'll all benefit from.
    And they've said multiple times that the people working on the UI is not the same as the ones building tracks and cars. If they haven't fixed Zandvoort it's likely because they were working on Sebring and so on.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  20. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

I heard the visual mesh on the ground is a shader problem. It's there since the first release of rf2. Up to now there is no fix for it afaik.