Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. nuvolarry

nuvolarry Registered

since the update to these i cannot get the porsche 911 rsr to work no matter what i do or what advice i take ,v 1.49 just will not go into the files alongside 1.48 you need both apparently can anyone help i'm losing faith in r factor 2i really am

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

If this was an rF2 issue, then many many other users would also be suffering from the same problem. I will admit that there are several threads about one or another car not installing from Steam. I suspect this is more to do with Windows and system permissions than rF2 itself. However, on my install, I have two folders 1.48 and 1.49. both of these folders are inside this nest of folders:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Vehicles\Porsche_991RSR_GTE_2017\
    Steam should be creating all of this structure and you should not have to be placing folders in any way.

3. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

How I force the update for the BMW M8?
    [​IMG]

I still have the 1.25 version:

[​IMG]

Package manager:
    I try to install
    [​IMG]

4. nuvolarry

nuvolarry Registered

that is what i keep getting,for the 911 rsr bloody sick of it ,if it is to do with windows permissions or anything has any one got any ideas what to do in that instance?version 1.49 just will not install,all other cars in pack are in and working up to date,it is just this infernal car wont have it at all.

5. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

I verify the integrity of the game and still don't update the car.
    Quite strange.

6. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Problem solved.
    I go to:
    https://steamcommunity.com/my/inventory/
    Unsuscribed the M8.
    Close the game, close steam.
    Open steam, go again to my inventory, open de game and voalá, the car is download in the lastest version.

7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Christopher Elliott
    Please mate tell them to make the wipers of Norma m30 to cover more area (left and right area) when we use them at rain.
    at the moment are not usefull at all and they cover a small area so i cannot see clearly the corners when i play with rain
    Thanks

8. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

Like this

9. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

I get quite often wheel vibrations after some laps, without any feedback during driving that I made something wrong. Tire temps stay normal.
    In AC you have local tire temp display, you see the spot being different than other areas around the circumference. Something like this would be very helpful. Or max temp display of any tire area rather than average or median

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You are probably feeling the result of flat spotting your tires from locking up while braking. It can be a small rumble all the way up to violent shaking on some wheels. Try increasing ABS to see if that helps reduce the occurrence of lockup caused flatspots. If you are driving a car without ABS, then try turning off tire wear. If the vibrations no longer happen, then we've identified the problem as a driving style issue where you are braking too hard.

11. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I've been driving the M8 of late and I have noticed an unusual for RF2 tendency of the car to suddenly just "go" after some slight contact with another car, iracing style...
    Anyone else notice something similar with this mod?
    Or is it just the AI being stiff as a brick when you touch them?
    I have not raced the car online yet so I can't tell for sure.

12. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

Yes it is most likely a driving style issue. But how shall I find my Limit without any immediate Feedback? For the GT3 you got at least hot tire temps for short time (visually). GTE - Nothing. AC is doing it quite nicely.
    I Need Feedback. In a game like this, you are not only only driver, you are also kind of race engineer. Give me the Feedback I Need, thx!

13. Emery

Emery Registered

There are tire surface temps in the HUD. They go hot when you lock a wheel. You may need to scroll through the HUD options to get the tire display.

You say you see them with GT3 cars but not GTE?

14. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

I understand where you're coming from. The thing is AC and rF2 use different FFB philosophies. rF2 tries to replicate the forces coming from the steering wheel - whereas AC adds extra effects to convey the mass of the car in lieu of G-forces. That's why some people hate or can't get on with the FFB in one sim over another - it depends on what you're used to.

Under braking in AC you feel the weight transfer moving forward and the tyres skipping across the road surface as they reach the edge of grip. When you get used to it - it's very intuitive to sense when the wheels are about to lock-up.

In rF2 you have to rely on visuals and sound. You kind of have to re-adjust your brain that your wheel won't give you feedback when you're locking-up like AC does. Turning up tyre sounds will help you hear them screeching.

15. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

First I'm a rf2 driver and did only occassionally played AC in the past.
    In the GTE the tire display (hud) does NOT get or show hot temps, in opposite to the gt3 I raced a season, still you get more and more serious vibrations after some time. It feels to me that every little error sums up into one spot rather than being distributed around the tire

16. Andregee

Andregee Registered

That's the way how it has to be cause the tyre tends to lock allways on the same place where the first minimal flatspot was generated in real life too

peterchen and patchedupdemon like this.
  17. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

Here I've locked up the inside front tyre and the HUD shows in real time the tyre temps and a graphical representation in colour. Is that not enough for you?
    RD_PorscheRSR_Hockenheim_Moment.jpg

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@C. Banger It sounds like Stefan is saying he isn't locking a tyre that badly, even badly enough for it to show up, but still after some laps there is a vibration developing. Perhaps it is a flatspot (or two) slowly developing, actually that's probably more likely than some obscure technical issue introducing a vibration over time (usually those sorts of reports boil down to flatspotting), I wonder if telemetry might indicate anything? Surface temps should spike a little in braking zones, might be more obvious than the graph colours...

*Also tyre rotation speeds might show it happening, even if it's only momentarily.

19. Stefan_L_01

Stefan_L_01 Registered

You probably did a long full wheel lock. This is not what Im talking about. Again: After 10, 20laps I get more and more vibrations without any visible increase in temps there

20. C. Banger

C. Banger Registered

OK, I see. Maybe something to do with the new tyre model that was introduced with the Endurance pack? The GT3 cars have only recently been updated with it. Test and see if the same things happens now after the update.