Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thx for the info, I remember that TC was discussed in the old ISI forums years ago and that the rf2 aid isn't a proper calculated TC as it would be in reallife. I think race cars use fuel-cut off's to regulate the wheelspin or something like that. That's why it has that sound on exits.

2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

That answers my question basically. Thx McFlex

3. oppolo

oppolo Registered

here there is strange grafic issue

4. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Is your seat too far back?

5. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i had this problem and if i remember well i deleted cbash and shaders problem and also change some settings on shadows and problem gone
    cannot really advise you cause i thought it was a track issue but it isnt
    try clear cbash and shaders 1st
    did you installed any sweet fx program ?

EDIT;problen isnt gone

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  6. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i still have this problem and not sure if it is sweetfx program related or after s397 updates
    i notice it a few days ago but it happened at same time to install one of those reshade programs that changes the saturation of game etc
    i already delete the whole userdata folder which is about 332 megabyte and did a steam verify integrity to Rfactor 2 so i redownloaded fresh
    even with that trick i still have same grafic bug

Edit i deleted bin64 and userdata folder and redownloaded gonna test it again
    problen appears when clear weather is selected on track

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Do you consider rev limiter an aid as well that should be removed? For me this case is similar.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

Our league just did a race at Portugal in the enduracers and nearly all reported the same glitch , seems it wasn’t there before the recent update , at least our members hadn’t noticed it . Happens on main straight and internal parabolica for most although some reported it at other parts of the circuit.. reducing circuit detail to low apparently stopped it for a few ...

9. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

rev limiter and downshift protection isnt same thing mate
    downshift protection has been reported by many racers as an annoying thing

10. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Its a bug - confirmed in this thread:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/strange-shadow-crossing-the-car.60306/#post-948455

bwana likes this.
  11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

cool thanks Mibrandt

Mibrandt likes this.
  12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

They are both security features to prevent engine damage from erratic driving

2ndLastJedi, Emery and Eddy like this.
  13. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

i agree but as far as i know rev limiter wasnt an issue by drivers yes?
    downshift is protecting engine but makes drivers changing style of driving in a way less challenging if you ask me

14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

If you have to change the driving style because of the DP than you made something totally wrong before

15. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

nothing wrong
    that thing pops from nowhere

16. Comante

Comante Registered

You want to be told what is the problem with downshifting protection? That people still use downshifting as an alternative and as an AID to braking especially in highly grippy mods (leagues F1 for example) so that they reduce the risk of blocking the rear and spin. They exploit several missing features in the drivetrain simulation. Simulation wise, this is like cheating to me: an incorrect driving behaviour that work due software limitations.

2ndLastJedi, Kelju_K, liakjim and 2 others like this.
  17. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I have come to realize there's a generation gap between me and most people around here.
    I have distanced myself from the average player age too much it seems and more so with every year that passes.
    You see it was 28 years ago that I watched on my TV as Mansell sat in his new Ferrari on the starting grid at Sao Paulo, his car sporting a semi-auto gearbox, a first for Formula 1.
    That's when the s*it hit the fun and it was all downhill from there.
    For me motor racing as it is meant to be stopped then, 1989.
    I understand that half the people around here weren't even born back then and the other half weren't sufficiently old enough to know about the sport.
    Don't try to understand where I come from and why your above question will not register, I promise not tot try to understand you either.
    I no longer have a problem with people's perceived realism of trying to imitate gentlemen drivers which are the ones that can actually race these cars nowadays.
    I made a simple and specific proposal to the devs that does not affect you in any way, one that will only provide me and others like me with the opportunity to enjoy these modern cars in as raw a state as possible.
    And I won't even insist on that either.
    I am above all an RF2 fun so should they feel making such a change is in any way detrimental to their business then so be it.
    I got this off my chest so I can now really be gone, hopefully.
    Cheers.

David Kolody, Skan and Seven Smiles like this.
  18. Andregee

Andregee Registered

There is no need for the possibillity to disable the downshift prevention. Everybody who wants to drive without it, can take a car with a manual gearbox and complete it with heel &toe. Everybody talks about realism level and when it comes to real driving skills ,than many people go the easy way and use their paddles for shifting but moan about downshift prevention. Thats really weird.

peterchen and McFlex like this.
  19. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

for me this thing it could be better if it wouldn't exists but since its reality i m gonna learn it
    of course i can drive any car from any era
    also speaking about things that i dont like but are still in real car "F1 drivers seat cover"
    you know the triangle that covers the real's driver head from accidents..but..it is blocking my view
    i always have the option to play a car without it like f1 2017 but this time is different cause i really like to drive a car without this kind downshift protection which even if i get used to it its still "Annoying"
    if its not in your way guys you ll never get what i mean

20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

If it’s properly implemented,and people use the correct timing to downshift then they won’t even realise it’s there.

If it’s not properly implemted,by that I mean too protective,then it will be a struggle to adjust to it.

The formula Renault 2.0 in iracing is a example of it being over protective

2ndLastJedi and mesfigas like this.